Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 5:15 PM Last edited by aeval99 : 8th Jan 2013 at 8:38 PM.
Default Not another patch! 1.46 is here...no wait, make that 1.47.
New patch this morning. Please tell me this is one of those "no update needed" type patches. I'm not ready to update all my mods again.

Update notes from official site.

Quote:
Base game updates:
Fixed an issue where Sims could not get married.
Fixed an issue where Sims could not use the telescope.
Fixed an issue where Sims could not collect space rocks.

Create a world updates:
Fixed an issue with saving worlds in Create A World.
Worlds will now install and appear on the main menu properly when downloaded. Worlds do not need to be resaved for this to apply. Any worlds that were affected by this issue can be reinstalled via the launcher and will appear in the main menu.

Store updates:
Fixed an issue where several Store sets were not appearing in the appropriate room category in Buy Mode.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 5:26 PM
Oh got damn it! Come on now...WTF?!

OK, got that out. I am not touching this until I need to.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 5:43 PM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 8th Jan 2013 at 5:58 PM.
Probably not a major one, I imagine this is just a pre-stuff pack patch. They're usually nothing serious. It's pre-expansion ones I always dread.
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 5:56 PM
well i got it..installed it and all seems well...my game started right up as normal...
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 5:57 PM
Meh to the scripting fixes, those have been fixed for a while :

Come on game-engine stability! Come on game-engine stability!

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 6:06 PM
LOL. Actually, make that 1.47

Caffeine-free posting is never a good idea!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 6:21 PM
Don't worry, you're not crazy. EA actually originally posted patch notes for "1.46" on thesims3.com, but they have just fixed it. Yes, they typo'd their own patch level.

This is a minor patch. Most XML/ITUN mods won't need updating. There is one very popular mod that will need an update though: SimsMX's More Collection Icons!.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Alchemist
#8 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 7:13 PM
I'm not having any of the issues it "fixes" pass
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nonamena
Don't worry, you're not crazy. EA actually originally posted patch notes for "1.46" on thesims3.com, but they have just fixed it. Yes, they typo'd their own patch level.

This is a minor patch. Most XML/ITUN mods won't need updating. There is one very popular mod that will need an update though: SimsMX's More Collection Icons!.

Thank you so much. I thought I was losing my mind.
Instructor
#10 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nonamena

Thanks for the heads up, Nonamena. I'll update later today .
Theorist
#11 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 8:47 PM
Glad they finally fixed some of the major bugs as well as CAW. Now they just need to improve the attraction system and lessen those date phone calls.

So happy you're back, Sims MX.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 9:15 PM
I'm still on a "I love you now, EA" high.

This update has not completely gotten through my head yet.
All of the uninstalling, re-installing, updating, crashing, waiting for updated hacks... *sigh*
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 11:58 PM
so the CAW update, does this mean I can install Riverview, Sunlit Tides, and Etc? Cause It hasn't let me install EA worlds since before Pets and I am MAD as hell over it!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:05 AM
Another patch? No thank you. I'll stay with 1.42 for now.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:44 AM
98% of the update. Gotta keep those store items on the wish list.
Store updates:
Fixed an issue where several Store sets were not appearing in the appropriate room category in Buy Mode.

hello:
No fix for sims spinning through doors
No fix for sims sliding around on a floor with frozen water underneath the house
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#16 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:57 AM
#17 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Another patch? No thank you. I'll stay with 1.42 for now.

I second that. Moreover, I just got Seasons installed a few days ago. (I know, I know. I'm a bit late with the EP)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 10:46 AM
This Update was obviously throwing a bone to the people who had a Problem with CAW.

Create a world updates:
Fixed an issue with saving worlds in Create A World.
Worlds will now install and appear on the main menu properly when downloaded. Worlds do not need to be resaved for this to apply. Any worlds that were affected by this issue can be reinstalled via the launcher and will appear in the main menu.

IN that case it was a good update.
Theorist
#19 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EK_Painkiller
This Update was obviously throwing a bone to the people who had a Problem with CAW.

Well, not everyone uses the CAW.

And what are those glitches they "fixed" anyway? None of them appear in my game! (Though I heard they screwed up CAW majorly with 1.42...)
In the Arena
retired moderator
#20 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:26 PM
OMG! Does this mean someone at EA read my blog? I made a post about the v-key months ago - http://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/20...is-for-version/ about how this handy keystroke should be changed to reflect the fact that the last-installed pack do not get updated anymore. And it happens in 1.47! Surprise, Surprise! The value is now referencing the base game's skuversion.txt file. Thx, EA!

Or was it there in 1.42 already? I don't recall, mainly because I don't have 1.42 for long with the way CAW 1.18.5 was broken. When I blogged about it last Oct, level 018 coincides with the 1.38/1.39 patch.

Does anybody else other than me use this v-keystroke at the main menu? With the number of times I uninstall and reinstall, I usually need to find out what version I'm testing at that point of time, and this keystroke is really handy when I have already started the game. I don't have to go outside the game to check it.

My OSX partition is on the fritz, can someone on a Mac confirm if this same key work for OSX systems?

I'm making backups of my backups. About to start CAW and test EIG and saving and exporting and then installing custom worlds.
1.42 screwed up how Launcher reads or not generate the .world file and it does not appear in InstalledWorlds folder. We need a workaround of renaming and pasting it into the game files location together with Sunset Valley.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:47 PM
CAW Still has to be updated, but yes you SHOULD be able to Load your world now.

Quote: Originally posted by DJ.

And what are those glitches they "fixed" anyway? None of them appear in my game! (Though I heard they screwed up CAW majorly with 1.42...)

But ALOT of People use Custom Worlds, which you weren't able to INSTALL with the 1.42 Patch without using a workaround.

So...yeah.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:59 PM
Let me guess, for just those fixes its still over 500MB right?
Scholar
#23 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 1:19 PM
Nope -- the incremental patch is 153MB.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 4:40 PM
You know what's sad? That when I saw this post yesterday, my first thought wasn't:

"What's it going to fix?"

but:

"What's it going to f*** up?"
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.

Those glitches showed up in games that were patched to 1.42 but did not have Seasons installed. Known issue.
Few days ago I tried starting a legacy with just Ambitions and Gen running (using Any Game Starter), but I had to add Seasons to the mix just to fix these major bugs that happened without it. My Sims wouldn't use the telescope! And I didn't dare try to get anyone married.
I'm glad I can play without Seasons now if I have to... it seems to add some amount of lag to my game, though usually not too much to handle. Still, the smoother the better.
But I won't patch yet, till I have some idea which mods need updating. Seems like I've only just got them all working from last time.

Intersecting modular stairs.