Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 7:17 PM
Default Explain something to me
Some concepts are so easy for me to understand, and some, well.... Like, I know how babies come into this world, but, for the life of me, I cannot understand the mechanics of Sims 4 population!!

1. In my game, I have the fill empty homes box empty, because I want the ability to move my sims into an empty house when they earn enough money. Anddddddd, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

2. The household management limit (or whatever it is called) - I have it at 150 - and I have 150 sims. So.... does this mean that babies won't be born into houses when I have a limit? and then, since I have my limit why....

3. Why do so many random townies generate? I have created sims that I have not given jobs so they can fulfill the random jobs required. ALL the random townies that generate use the same two or three outfits, same hair, same pink eyebrows, and the genetics don't match the names. I do not have enough sentence enhancers to vent my frustration with this.

so, can anyone break it down for me?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 8:11 PM
About Generating.

Are those sims marked as Unplayed or non-favourite as it is called now?
Do those sims have the necessary skill points to fulfil those jobs?

This increases the chances and eventually they should get picked, but not it doesn't always happen overnight, maybe at the time your the wrong age, sex, or race at the time, maxis likes the shuffle those around, if you got a unused sim that's in maxis mind, they will use it, but in most cases you will lose.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 8:13 PM
I'm not very well versed in Sims 4 mechanics at all myself...

1. Not sure why it would still fill empty houses with it checked off.

2. I remember reading about the game having the ability to randomly delete sims once it hits max limit.

3. Probably like all sims games in the past it likely keeps rerolling job positions and spawning more npcs over and over.

I'd suggest looking into MC Command Center to tune your game if it is infuriating you so. It has both Population and Dresser modules.

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 10:03 PM
Thanks! I am checking out MCCC in-depth right now. IDK why the NPC situation really irks me in this game moreso than in 3 or 2, but it just does.