Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 1:40 AM
Default Sims 3 patterns and designs
Are there any good tutorials that can show me how to make my own textures,designs,and custom shapes?I like to make my own patterns and i want to start to make some really cool stuff.I have started on some stuff but i want to get in to more advanced stuff.

I want to learn how to make like sheer textures,flowers and designs,my own custom brushes,my own patterns,curly shapes.

stuff like you see here..

http://www.fatstrawberry.com/

Thank you in advance..

Additional Details
I am using Paint Shop Pro X2

Saffron crimsonkitty25
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 9:29 PM
Try this link
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 11:00 PM
I don't think that's what the op is really looking for, Tahera.

To the op: Try googling 'making seamless patterns' or something similar.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 10:22 AM
Oh sorry, I misread the question!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 9:16 PM
I have tried google and all kinds of stuff just not what i am really looking for..I find tutorials.But i am looking to make my own shapes for patterns..I will keep trying..And i will let you know what i come up with..

Thank you again..

Saffron crimsonkitty25
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 5:54 AM
All I do is type "Paint Shop Pro 2 tutorial" in google or youtube

There are three sides to a story:
Your side, the other person's side and the truth.

The Sims Cubed
Scholar
#7 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 12:52 AM
If you want to make vector images and designs to make your own patterns Adobe Illustrator is your best bet. Small vector images from Illustrator can be put together to make a pattern.

If you want to draw intricate patterns by hand it's best to get yourself a graphics tablet.

To make a pattern seamless is pretty easy. How I do it is to make my design or use an image or vector that might not be seamless. I use photoshop, I make the image 700 by 700. I then go to filter > other > offset. I choose my offset to be exactly half of the image sixze so 350 x 350. You then get 4 images in one. You have to clone the joins in the pattern till they're not visible anymore. Just don't touch the edges as you will ruin the seamless edges.

I hope this helps, if not you can pm me if you think I can give you any more info or that I'm on track for what you're looking for.