Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 7:20 AM
By me, it's a good thing you're working on this. I hate the undeleteable collections also & I'm eager to see what you discover.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 6:38 PM
Thank You, Lucy, that you have written here, it makes me feel less disturbing here. Today I've finished to install wrong categorized Homecoming (LastPromSet) without missing individual sims3packs in it (don't stays on undeletable collections list), but I've found, that sims3badromance99 have made recategorizer for it on his blogspot, so I don't have recat it alone.
Also CowSettlementSET (another from undeletable coll_ list) seems be OK for install it in individual sims3packs (I have still to check it in game), now I'm downloading FarmLifeSET.
Thank you for giving me sense to continue and happy 3-simming!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 11:59 AM
Yay, I've got helpful! Thanks for appreciation. :lovestruc FarmLifeSET and JazzAgeCASset seems be OK for install in individual sims3packs. Now I'm turning on featured sets installed at beginning of my game in my installation excel list, because I was too lazy before to confront extracted DCBackup packages and size of extracted content. I hope, that I'll not meet the same suspicious difference between packages extracted from complete set and from individual sims3packs (then I need to check content in game), as I've found in MidCenturyDiningCASSET - from individual sims3packs it has smaller extracted packages (with much fewer resources in it) for adult female (afHairSTORE18ModShort, afHairHatSTORE18ModBun, afHairHatSTORE18ModTail and afBottom60sModDressStrips) than sims3pack for complete set.
As I do not understand reading all resources, it could be further slowing down.
I would like then post my excel list, probably I'll post that on SimFileShare - unsure, if I can do it here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 10:35 PM Last edited by Bily jednorozec : 12th Dec 2016 at 11:22 PM.
Thank you again for the appreciation! :lovestruc
So far I've looked at those sets:

Following sets I have to wait, Store is down for me (error 503) and I'm not able to download fresh Sims3Packs and having problems too with installing store content via Launcher:

I'm still working on that promissed MS-Excel list, where I'll post deeper explanation. If you know about another undeletable collection (not listed here), tell me, please, and I'll look at set in question (not in EA sense "we are looking in that issue", but seriously)
Marvelous 3-Simming!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 6:22 PM Last edited by Bily jednorozec : 25th Dec 2016 at 11:23 AM.
Hi, thank you again! :shy:
I've put something together and uploaded my Excel list on Sim File Share. (Updated 25.12.2016 - corrected wrong package name for one from Harajuku sets).
1st page contains list of sets, whose are creating Undeletable collections bug and explanation.
I hope that it will keep all hyperlinks:
I have linked there Valgon57's quick downloads for all available items tied to sets in question under Sims3Pack names,
store thumbnails under Store names
and store page too, where I've pasted link - under "i".
Sometimes I've linked (last columns) fixes at bugs, where I've know about.
All *.ebc file sizes are token from R-Click Property Tab, as shown on my PC - from uncompressed (store encrypted) files.
If you meet some errors (I'm only human) or if you have some questions, let me know, please, I'll reupload list and answer yours questions.
Big thanks at all people, who have searched to help me with that bug and at all who have encouraged me to continue this topic. :lovestruc

PS: that method isn't 100% reliable, but I won't disable internet and I won't fight with 38 undeletable collections in front of mines.
PSS: Kasperski Antivirus on my PC and I don't know about virusses on my PC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 7:39 PM Last edited by Bily jednorozec : 20th Dec 2016 at 10:34 AM.
Hi!
Just discovered one thing (for someone already known issue, aka "warm water"): if uninstalling from set header, which uses _IMG resources from one item already installed in game, it will broke related item.
This is happened to me when uninstalled header from ExplorersLoot and it had broke bookshelfBeijing2x1, because it uses its images in header and with HappyHolidaysCEPresents and sculptureFloorPresentDoggie, because it uses it's images in header.
(You might verify that compressing extracted DCBackup packages with J'Fade's Compressorizzer Redux and look in it with S3PE. In *.ebc file can be looked changing extension from *.ebc to *.package, compressing and looking in it with S3PE. Obviously I'm compressing only copies of those files, because I don't know, how uncompress them back and if that will not cause problems with game).
I suppose, that games create *.ebc files in the same way how the S3PE does while merging packages (correct me, if I'm wrong): if I'll install in one *ebc file more Sims3Packs with the same _IMG resources for the same mask (multiplier, specular, ...) for bedDoubleFairy (used in header of CryptLifeDeath_SET and another sets), game will merge in related *.ebc file only one _IMG for each type and eventually broke bedDoubleFairy, if I have installed it previously?
There are already another items used in headers for various store sets and I think, that uninstalling (with Launcher) headers might broke those items, if present in related *.ebc file.
Sorry for my alien-english. :shy:
Edit: another set/item to add: Hewnsman_Livingroom/bookshelfanc (I've used set for my install for the best version of staircase w railing, but uninstalling header it had broke bookshelf in my game),
from Car-sets (Renault, Ford, Toyota) is uninstalling sculptureWallFloweringIvy, etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 10:50 AM Last edited by Bily jednorozec : 25th Dec 2016 at 6:44 PM.
Last post here from me (in this row), promiss. :shy:
I'm posting here, because only yesterday I've seen here solution for this issue from Don Babilon and I can't find peace, until I'll post publicly sorry, Don Babilon, that I've overlooked Yours solution. in this message:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...826#post5107826
Quote:
I have another idea, which might at least help you but not others. It should be possible to delete the set icon from sims3packs using CUSTARD after you compressorised the sims3pack. The Launcher would then perhaps install the set without any possible collection file.

Few days ago I have experimented with uncompressorized JCPBundle and I've removed from that Sims3Pack header and thumbnail with Custard Sims3Pack Cleaner. Yes, it reads untouched store files too! for Delphy and Nysha (who kept this tool updated)
(Orig JCP 11.482 as Sims3Pack, 10.974 kB installed in DCCache folder, 12 packages installed with Launcher into DCBackup folder,
cleaned JCP 10.990 as Sims3Pack, kB 10.860 kB installed in DCCache folder, 11 packages installed with Launcher into DCBackup folder,
header: JCP_Bundle, 0xf29de151b5634b1c91aab9e7c07984d7, uncompressed package size 116 KB).
Both versions are showing header installed in Launcher, though, but after uncompressing packages installed in DCBackup, I've found that 2nd version has really installed only included items in DCBackup and not header.
Yesterday I've turned here and discovered, that it was already suggested in this topic.
I haven't tested it now in game and with undeletable collections, but for this set I haven't too individual links as for many limited and some other sets in Store.
It will shrink significantly game user's folder - avoiding installing headers, with that method it will not install in each *.ebc item (if installing each *.ebc file separatelly, as suggested in Sims3.com forums from many Simmers) full resources for activityTableAnimal, mirrorWallClubC2x1, bedDoubleFairy and others items usually included in set-headers - not enabled for use in game, but significantly blowing-up *.ebc file and DCBackup folder. (I'll use that for remove lot too - before installing, I prefer to use it only as package file in Library folder).
Thank You so much, Don Babilon :lovestruc and sorry, that I've overlooked Yours solution (but yesterday I've seeded there "helpful" and "love").
Page 2 of 2