Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 10:46 PM
Default Unpreventable Error 12s and crashing?
I'm my mom's IT person, so I'm posting this on her behalf. She's been playing Sunset Valley for a long time until it became unplayable- when it doesn't throw up Error 12s, it crashes to the desktop. I used the "Drop all dreams and opportunities" option and then saved, and it was okay. But now that she's trying to clean out a ton of stuff from this one family's inventory, she keeps getting Error 12s. I tried doing this , but it didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas? She's pretty attached to Sunset Valley.

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 5:45 PM
Of the NRaas mods that sound like they'd be useful, we have DebugEnabler, ErrorTrap, GoHere, MasterController, Overwatch, StoryProgression, Traffic, and Traveler. We also have TS3 Memory Modder, and I've eliminated most of the memories.

I didn't use Kuree's savegame cleaner because I didn't want to lose any custom pictures or paintings, so I followed these instructions, and I did the same thing to her TravelDB file. Hopefully that's good enough?

I tried to follow your instructions to delete unwanted inventory items and junk placeholders, but when I clicked on the City Hall, I couldn't find the option "item stat" either time.

She tried "reset everything", but it didn't help. Same with going into Edit Town to save her game.

Could you be more specific as to what you mean when you say "Keep your games clean"? Or have we already covered everything?

Is there anything else I could try before moving or refreshing her town?

Thanks for getting back to me, and for your help and suggestions!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Macaroodle
I tried to follow your instructions to delete unwanted inventory items and junk placeholders, but when I clicked on the City Hall, I couldn't find the option "item stat" either time.

On both the Town and Household menus it's Object Stats, not Item Stat. (MC Cheats add-on module is required)