Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Uninstalling Origin
I uninstalled Origin though my Windows Control Panel and now I am trying to remove it completely from my PC by following these instructions:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/manua...talling-origin/

I backed up my registry and now I am at the following step:

Quote:
Remove your Origin registry keys:
1.From regedit, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
2.Expand the SOFTWARE folder, then the Wow6432node folder. •You might see multiple Wow6432node folders; find the one with an Origin folder in it.

3.Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.
4.Expand the Microsoft folder.
5.Expand the Windows folder.
6.Expand the CurrentVersion folder.
7.Expand the Uninstall folder.
8.Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.

The only problem is that inside this Wow6432node folder I do not have an Origin folder, I have a folder called Origin Games. Are these the same thing? Should I delete the folder called Origin Games? I can always go ask at EA Help but thought I'd try here first in case someone knows the answer. Thanks!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Advertisement
Instructor
#3 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 10:03 AM
So it is okay to uninstall it if you only have physical copies? I hate having Origin on my PC and since I'm never planning to buy anything from Origin store I have no use for it.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 1:59 PM
When TS3 came out in 2009, they did not have Origin finished yet so it did not need any kind of client to run. But there have been other versions that do need Origin since then. I believe that you have to have a physical copy that was made prior to 2012 to run the game without Origin. The version they came out with then has "Go Social" at the top of the case and it was produced after Showtime came out. That one I think requires Origin also, along with any digital versions of the Base Game. This latest update is just their attempt to hog tie everyone to Origin so that they have total control of everyone's games.

Nitromon I did have SC '13 and The Sims 4 on it, but I value TS3 far more than either of those two games, so Origin - gone! And I could always play those games on my laptop if I felt like it. Definitely don't think I'll be feeling like it any time soon.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy