Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 10:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Installing TS3 through Origin WITHOUT updates
So I've got a beast of a new PC and I'm really excited to get back into TS3, but there's just one problem....no, two. First of all, I want to launch it through Origin. Why is this a problem, you ask? Because I don't want the 1.69 patch. I hate it. You get like 3 popups everytime you load the game. It's horrible. I want 1.67.2, that's what I'm used to. Is there any way to make this happen and if not, how can I make it happen anyway?

(By the way, I only have the base game installed right now but I don't think that should matter.)

Thanks,
Pi

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Is there any way to make this happen and if not, how can I make it happen anyway?

how about buying disc version of the game so you can stay with 1.67? I found some of them here, just don't buy digital download from origin
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
how about buying disc version of the game so you can stay with 1.67? I found some of them here, just don't buy digital download from origin

I have my discs right here, but are you sure Origin can find my disc install and launch it?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 12:56 PM
Actually, never mind, I'll just deal with 1.69. I'll delete the thread or something.

insert signature here
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 1:19 PM
I'm pretty sure you can use Origin to launch any game, just like Steam. Can you not install the disc version and patch to 1.67, then click Origin>Add Game> Unify your collection and browse to the Sims 3 executable?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 2:25 PM
Trying that. Be right back (in 6-24 hours).

insert signature here