Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 11:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Getting CC Magic to work with Origin
I recently did a fresh install, this time using Origin to install my EPs and SPs. When I launch CC magic, I don't get any of the icons for the EPs or SPs at the bottom, and when I try to launch the game, I get a message that CC Magic has stopped working. When I use the Sims 3 launcher, the files in the Mods folder as well as the items installed through the Sims 3 launcher work fine. I am almost certain that this has to do with the game being installed through Origin as I have discussed this issue with others that have the similar setup. How do I get Origin to play nice with CC magic? I can manually install the EPs and SPs by disc, but I'd like to know if there is a work around first before I do another mass uninstall and reinstall.

"My most shocking moment in the Sims can be summed up in three little words: Guinea Pig Disease."
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 3:52 AM
It's only secondarily Origin. The problem is when you install through Origin, you automatically get patched to 1.69. And CCMagic does not work on that patch as a launcher. So, unless you have a pre2012 basegame disk, and install it all without Origin and patch with the superpatcher to 1.67, CCMagic won't work as a launcher. The good news is, you can still use it to merge and organize your CC. But as a launcher, you're stuck with EA.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 4:01 AM
More information about the Joys of Patch 1.69 can be found here, if needed.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69