Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 7:21 AM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 2nd Aug 2017 at 11:13 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Am I too stupid for Origin?
Somehow I can't find a shopping cart in Origin store, which means if I want to buy more then 1 item, I have to go through more then 1 checkout. Is this just me? Or is there actually no shopping cart? Which seems very unlikely.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 11:16 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 2:31 AM
For some inexplicable reason, when Origin did a reboot last year, they took away the cart. So yes, you have to buy things one at a time. Many people have spent countless time looking for a cart that no longer exists.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
#4 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 6:30 PM
You should think earning money is at the top of their agenda
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You should think earning money is at the top of their agenda

yes because it's clearly not common sense, or listening to what the players want! :-P
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pjsutton
yes because it's clearly not common sense, or listening to what the players want! :-P

When have they ever done that?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 1:12 AM
Listening to what players want and actually giving us any of it (or doing anything at all about it) aren't necessarily the same things.
Site Helper
#8 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:05 AM
Taking out the cart has to have been an accident. When you have a cart you can just keep shopping until you are tired of looking, then pay for what you have purchased all at once. When you don't have the cart, you have to go through the whole checkout process more than once, which encourages you to get tired of shopping and quit before you have purchased everything you otherwise would have bought.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:10 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. I ended up not buying anything lol. I guess I am that lazy as customer. Still, so weird that there is no cart. I really thought it would be there, but just not in an obvious way and I was just missing it for some reason.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Taking out the cart has to have been an accident. When you have a cart you can just keep shopping until you are tired of looking, then pay for what you have purchased all at once. When you don't have the cart, you have to go through the whole checkout process more than once, which encourages you to get tired of shopping and quit before you have purchased everything you otherwise would have bought.

Yes quite, so they lose money without it. Not only was it probably an accident, but why haven't they fixed it yet, it's just silly.

In addition to it being timeconsuming, it might very well cost the consumer more in fees to purchase several times.