Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 8:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Dude! Where are my venues?
Many moons ago I purchased a few venues from the Sims 3 store. Both my Store account and Launcher have record of this.

Recently, I reconfigured a few things on my game. All the items associated with the venues show up in my game, but the venue lots themselves never appear in the lot bin! Again, both Store and Launcher confirm I do own these game bits, but the Lots are nowhere to be found!

It's not an urgent thing, just an oddity. Should I just download the missing lots from the exchange?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 7:17 AM
Make sure you are checking the commercial lot bin.
Many venues have numbers instead of names (why EA-why?) so they are easy to miss.
You may want to redownload and install the venues from the store instead of the exchange, which sometimes come with some unwanted "surprises".

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
You may want to redownload and install the venues from the store instead of the exchange, which sometimes come with some unwanted "surprises".

Yeah, sometimes I can get a whole second lot attached to one I actually wanted to download from the exchange. There's a reason I sometimes call searching the exchange "Dumpster diving".

Anyway, the lots are definitely not in my community lots bin. I actually have this problem when I downloaded some lots from a non-exchange source. I put the lots in the downloads folder, as usual, but they don't appear in the bin once I start the game. Yet, the CC that came attached with that lot WILL show up in the buy or build tabs.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 9:47 PM
I have found (and this is really annoying with sims4 as well), that if you have so many lots, some will not show up. Some of the lots also don't have the same name in your library in-game (in addition to the numerical files in the folder as stated above) you can download a lot that is called Bob House and in the game, when you click on a picture of what you think is Bob House it says House of Love, but, it is the same thing. I haven't played sims 3 in a bit, but there are a couple like that. And, also be aware, that the lot that came with the Ford Expedition - the SKYDIVING lot - is actually in build mode where the gypsy, civic halls, fairy house, military venue, etc.... are. Check your build mode lots (the ones that use rabbit holes, basically) as well. It is under build - community objects I believe.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 12:39 AM
So, I have an update. I recently had to re-install my game because I had to re-install my OS on my MSI. I installed all my shizz and I had the same issue come up that maybe you are having. If your launcher shows cardboard boxes instead of the little pictures that should come with your venues/game content, then un-install those cardboard picture lots via the launcher and re-download (I have mine in a backup) and re-install. It may be a conflict with an existing library folder (for example, I have my library folder backed up but my game just did not like it no matter how many lots I deleted.) I hope this helps.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 1:44 AM
Problem, cause and solutions provided by Crinrict

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/0...ing-ingame.html