Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default What Is This and How Do I Stop It From Happening?
I'm trying to build a house for my sims but after a while these weird white panels appear. It has happened 3 times now and I have had to start over twice already.

After the second time I became more careful and checked every time I saved to make sure they hadn't appeared.
This third time however, they weren't present when I saved it but were when I loaded the next day.

Annoyed, I decided to do something about it, so I did a little testing and I realised I could use the sledgehammer tool to remove them.
However, I wanted to know more about them (what causes them and how to prevent them from reappearing) before saving it, even after I have removed them.

I have tested it with and without custom content, the issue occurs regardless.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 5:26 PM
They actually go away, they won't be there next time you load your game. But like Nitromon said, you'll also be missing a bunch of ceiling tiles and you may have to do significant construction work to get them back.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 6:26 PM
It will be because of the diagonal wall as I've not coloured the ceiling yet, (I usually don't) and I had a feeling it might be as I never had the issue before and I've never made this style of house before either.

I havn't yet removed them as I was not sure of the damage it could cause, and I'm glad I didn't. I'll create another save and see if they disappear.

Thanks for the help and I'm glad it isn't permanent, even if I may have to do some major reconstruction if I can't wait for them to disappear themselves.