Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#101 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 1:08 AM
You'd have to change that through the shortcut target parameters- for example, add -r1024x768 to the target to play in 1024X768. I think that's the maximum the game will display in, anyway.
Advertisement
Instructor
#102 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 11:32 AM
@simsample

Thanks for that info I think 1024x768 is what I am playing at and after searching the internet a lot of players who reverted to 800x600 are complaining that this resolution is like playing in a small box that you cannot see properly so I am at as complete loss as to what to do and as I really don't understand how to change the resolution for this game to try it anyway. I think I will just play as is and make do as at least I have a full screen to play in.
Thanks for your ongoing help with this matter it has been much appreciated..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#103 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 12:34 PM
If you want to try playing in a different resolution, you can do that through modifying your shortcut parameters, too. Just add -r800x600 to the target. Another thing you could try is to play windowed, so add -w to the target.
Instructor
#104 Old 1st May 2016 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you want to try playing in a different resolution, you can do that through modifying your shortcut parameters, too. Just add -r800x600 to the target. Another thing you could try is to play windowed, so add -w to the target.

yes I am going to try this next thanks and someone who is visiting is going to show me how to rearrange screen resolutions to match windowed mode etc as I am not sure what I am doing-)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#105 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 11:11 PM
Last time we saw Sims 1 Sim Sample, he was venturing to Magic town. Since then, he is progressing in his new ambition to become a magical sim. This is what he did today:
Scholar
#106 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 6:02 AM
Ohh, you read my mind simsample! I just checked on this forum due to a sudden urge to see new TS1 pics, which I was expecting there not to be.

You're my wish granting TS1 genie.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Top Secret Researcher
#107 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 7:28 PM
So I'm a n00b as I just installed the game for the first time.

I especially love the phone calls.
Alchemist
#108 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 11:30 PM
the tutorial lot in Neighborhood 1 can help you become familiar with the game. I do not remember the exact address, but a rectangle surrounds the lot and it is in the bottom corner of that rectangle. the family that lives there is named Newbie; Brandi in Sims2 is 1 of their descendants.

Not sure if I had the "Spring" message when I had Sims1.
But a number of my Sims1 sims did get fired; often on purpose.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 1:13 AM
The address of the Newbie house is 7 Sim Lane.
Just to add, in the Sims 3 Bob is a teen with his parents Robert and Mags in Riverview.

So far, I haven't seen any Newbies in Sims 4, but I was hoping to. Would of been nice to follow the established pattern. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#110 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 11:13 PM
This anonymous caller is constantly throwing money at my sims.
Needless to say, I put phones everywhere and sims have to drop everything to get that call when it rings

Alchemist
#111 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sortyero29
So far, I haven't seen any Newbies in Sims 4, but I was hoping to. Would of been nice to follow the established pattern. :D
from my understanding, Sims4 pre-made characters are either older Sims2 pre-made characters or descendants of Sims2 pre-made characters. so the Newbies in Sims4 would probably be Brokes; either the Broke children (Dustin, Beau, Brandi's unborn child) grown up or their descendants.
Test Subject
#112 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 11:01 PM
TS1 has ruined comic sans for me- I swear.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#113 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 12:25 PM Last edited by maxon : 7th Sep 2016 at 1:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Not sure what Frankie's doing!

He's singing opera obviously.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#114 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
He's singing opera obviously.

'Just one cornetto, give it to meeeeee....'
Test Subject
#115 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:31 AM

....oh?

Damn.

I'm also 0/3 on genie wishes. This game is hard.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#116 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 11:42 PM
@schwimmbad17 I tried for so long to get a screenshot of that hoax call, but it's only ever happened once and I was so excited (for 30 seconds) that I forgot! I hope your sims have a better week soon. :lovestruc

Today I managed to get the non-US neighbourhood roads into my US-English Complete Collection.

US:

UK:
Top Secret Researcher
#117 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 12:52 PM
I had a picture of Claire getting attacked by the bees and running away, but I accidentally copied the house picture to the clipboard. So here it is, my Wrong Test sim's house:

It is a version of my Spooky Nightclub in FreeSO, tweaked so it suits the needs of a snob sim who's also into supernatural. And here he is, with his custom outfit made in "The Sims Creator" :

Test Subject
#118 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 6:14 AM

I'm becoming a master at dating. My sims need the friends, haha.

I accidentally threw a party instead of inviting over a neighbor. I've never actually done that before, and it was weird to me that a bunch of strangers showed up...

It did give my sim a chance to practice her magic, though. She turned him into a toad.

I've made probably 6 or 7 genie wishes and have yet to get a positive outcome! And the wish after this resulted in a bunch of bills! Will my sims ever catch a break???

I also noticed while I was playing that the hula dancer in the hula dancer lamp actually dances! I thought it was a cute detail.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 7:04 AM
I got really excited to find a sims 1 picture thread. Dear photobucket, go pound sand.

Love the house mixa97sr posted. It also happens to be pretty much the only one left on this page.

I was testing the 3d beta. Of course I chose the iconic Goths.

Then this Lady showed up. Unfortunately I didn't get the epic sound effects with it

Morty was into it, or was he? Hard to read his facial expressions.

Test Subject
#120 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:16 PM

Well..... that's cool I guess.

The maid did not like Bonehilda

Trying to get my sims to be witches and superstars.... it's very difficult
Mad Poster
#121 Old 8th May 2018 at 6:35 PM
@simsample

How'd you change the roads? I don't like the US roads as they don't match the roads on the lot, where as the UK ones do.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#122 Old 8th May 2018 at 7:33 PM
@HarVee

To have the non-US road colour (dark roads) when on USEnglish settings edit Res_Nbhd.RT file in [install Location]\Maxis\The Sims\UIGraphics.

Change {RLEBMP,kNbhdBck_UL,"Community/NScreen_unleashed.bmp"} to {RLEBMP,kNbhdBck_UL,"Community/NScreen_unleashed_nonus.bmp"}
backup all files first!!!
Mad Poster
#123 Old 9th May 2018 at 6:10 AM Last edited by HarVee : 9th May 2018 at 6:34 AM.
Slapping Anubis?

That's a paddlin Voodoo doll!

"Do you mind? You're stepping on my toes lady!"

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#124 Old 9th May 2018 at 4:26 PM
I love these. I recently got Sims 1 to run in a borderless fake-fullscreen mode without glitching out on windows 10 and now I can play the heck out of it If anyone wants to know how, I can make a thread here. There really are some helpful people on the internet.

Can't wait for simitone release.
Scholar
#125 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I love these. I recently got Sims 1 to run in a borderless fake-fullscreen mode without glitching out on windows 10 and now I can play the heck out of it If anyone wants to know how, I can make a thread here. There really are some helpful people on the internet.

Can't wait for simitone release.

Sims 1 glitched out on my old Windows 8 and 10 laptops to the point where I had to restart it to make it work again whenever I exit the game so information like that would be helpful for people that play on newer computers and what's happening in the new release that's so exciting to you?
Page 5 of 8