Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 12:20 AM
OMG NO! please don't drop the world! it's such a wonderful work! and about TS4, I wouldn't worry about that, a lot of people won't buy the sims 4 cuz that shit expensive and there's people like me that will continue to play TS3 for a long time, and worlds like this just make it impossible to quit playing, it looks amazing so far.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 9:48 AM
I agree, there's plenty of people that aren't moving over to TS4 and are sticking with TS3 for the foreseeable future. Just look at all the TS2 players there still are, and that game was released a decade ago! The world is looking amazing, and it really does feel like Magic Town. I love how well you've managed to recreate the atmosphere while still including a lot of brand new lots and areas. If you are going to stop working on the world, though, it'd be great if you were to consider uploading the CAW files for someone else to pick up and dabble with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 7:54 PM Last edited by Prismatic : 6th Jul 2015 at 7:42 PM.
In case anyone's wondering, no, I haven't dropped the world. It's currently put on hold because of IRL stuff. Again. Plus the fact that The Sims 3 gets pretty boring rather quickly, at least for me. Not that The Sims 4 is any better, definitely not a fan of it. I could use those counter tools/options though.
Kind of a necro, but. Felt like I couldn't just let this sit and rot without any clear reason.

Edit: Bleh, summer's here and it's all sunny and too bright for my eyes (although there's been quite a few rainy and stormy days in a row now), and I'll try to get some work done on the world. First up: proper terrain planning, because screw me for just flailing around wildly with the terrain tool when I first began making the world.

Edit2: Not sure whether I want to bump this thread or not with this kind of long explanation, I'll just go ahead and edit this post for the occasional lurker to read.
I'll just go ahead and shamelessly bump it to let everyone interested know about the state of the world. Again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 7:42 PM Last edited by Prismatic : 6th Jul 2015 at 8:01 PM.
The world is currently... well, I'd describe it as not even started yet. This is unfortunately due to my laziness and impatience, and the past few days have been so warm I thought I'd pass out several times. There's also some real life stuff I have to deal with, so that's another factor as of why I haven't been trying to rework the world.

However, I've also had, and still have some sort of creative block for the past two years or so, and I'm desperately trying to overcome it. I can't really grasp the layout of the world, the landscaping or the buildings I want to be included in the world. I'm also trying to sort my computer as it's getting quite cluttered with all sorts of stuff, including all the resources for making the world that's been lying around for quite some time (several backup saves for the world, files I've been modifying and so on). I made it hard for myself to begin with.
Ah, also; I'm trying to improve my... well, what's it called, architectural skills? or something like that, because it will be needed for this world, if I decide to go with what I have in mind.

So, I apologize if you happen to like the world (well, the current concept of it), because it's not going to be near half finished for a while. I hope that I can return to it in early autumn or so. I know, I've postponed the world a lot, but since I have to start all over with it, it can't be helped.
Now, with that out of the way, I'm happy about your positive response to the world, and I hope I'll be able to make it up to both you and myself and make the world even better. Now I'm starting to sound like some kind of company, so I guess I'll have to stop writing.

Edit: On another note, I've been playing a lot of The Sims 1 and The Sims: Bustin' Out lately for inspiration. Even if it doesn't have all the great things such as consistent aging and is limited to a few styles of playing, it is still incredibly fun. I've been having my magical sims improving themselves and their lots with hard-earned money with a lot of effort (no mods, no cheats!), and their houses look really nice. For some reason, I like the landscaping options better in TS1 than any other successor. Also, I really miss the ambience that plays in Magic Town, and also in Bustin' Out.
Which reminds me, I took a peek at the Makin Magic files, and some of the ambient sounds makes me wonder if it could really be classified as PEGI 7.
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prismatic
The world is currently... well, I'd describe it as not even started yet. This is unfortunately due to my laziness and impatience, and the past few days have been so warm I thought I'd pass out several times. There's also some real life stuff I have to deal with, so that's another factor as of why I haven't been trying to rework the world.

However, I've also had, and still have some sort of creative block for the past two years or so, and I'm desperately trying to overcome it. I can't really grasp the layout of the world, the landscaping or the buildings I want to be included in the world. I'm also trying to sort my computer as it's getting quite cluttered with all sorts of stuff, including all the resources for making the world that's been lying around for quite some time (several backup saves for the world, files I've been modifying and so on). I made it hard for myself to begin with.
Ah, also; I'm trying to improve my... well, what's it called, architectural skills? or something like that, because it will be needed for this world, if I decide to go with what I have in mind.

So, I apologize if you happen to like the world (well, the current concept of it), because it's not going to be near half finished for a while. I hope that I can return to it in early autumn or so. I know, I've postponed the world a lot, but since I have to start all over with it, it can't be helped.
Now, with that out of the way, I'm happy about your positive response to the world, and I hope I'll be able to make it up to both you and myself and make the world even better. Now I'm starting to sound like some kind of company, so I guess I'll have to stop writing.

Edit: On another note, I've been playing a lot of The Sims 1 and The Sims: Bustin' Out lately for inspiration. Even if it doesn't have all the great things such as consistent aging and is limited to a few styles of playing, it is still incredibly fun. I've been having my magical sims improving themselves and their lots with hard-earned money with a lot of effort (no mods, no cheats!), and their houses look really nice. For some reason, I like the landscaping options better in TS1 than any other successor. Also, I really miss the ambience that plays in Magic Town, and also in Bustin' Out.
Which reminds me, I took a peek at the Makin Magic files, and some of the ambient sounds makes me wonder if it could really be classified as PEGI 7.

Take all the time you need. I do know how it is being out of the creation feel when it comes to creating a world. I do hope you find the inspiration to pertain to your world though. It looks really good from what I can see and I see a lot of potential of the world as well. Also, glorious Autumn is here now and I hope that will make it even better for you. So please, don't give up on this world.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 9:12 PM Last edited by Prismatic : 12th Nov 2015 at 4:19 PM.
Warning: semi-long semi-rant post ahead (lol)

Unfortunately, the game suddenly decided to throw errors at me, and I'm pretty sure fixing that will require reinstallation, which I am in no mood for right now. Another thing is that my computer fan runs at varying hilariously deafening speeds when playing the game or CAW, and I'm in no mood for tinkering with that, either.
The ironic thing is, I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment, and I spend most of it just sitting around being bored. It seems I just can't bring myself to put up the fight against the game again, so I'm afraid yet another autumn will blow by with no yields whatsoever, which saddens me... wow, the post looks so very depressing (well hey, that's one of my specialities!).

I'd like to address another issue that I've previously brought up once or twice: the amount of EPs/SPs/Store content. I fully understand not wanting to play with certain eps and whatnot for any reason. To be honest, if it wasn't for some incredibly useful furniture or interactions or whatever added, I'd play without quite a lot of them. I'm pretty sure it's something most people can relate to, along with not currently owning or not being in the position to aquire "all of those". I'm not sure how I'll distribute the requirements, if at all, because the temptation to just plop down object after object from completely different EPs/SPs/store content just for the sake of matching the world and making it pretty with minimal effort.

A typical example would be something like a dry stone wall; an object comes with UL, and sure, one can stack the basegame garden rocks, but that wouldn't be efficient and I'm not too sure about how TS3 likes tons of stacked objects in one place... at several places. User created CC, sure, but I haven't found anything like it so far.
I personally don't like UL aside from perhaps the herbs and some other minor things like the stone wall; all it brings to my game is that stupid mascot strutting around with the basket of garbage, the weird social status system and the irreversible upgrade to a smartphone which I have no interest in whatsoever. My feelings for some of the other EPs/SPs/Store content are the same, and while it's not like my world is very remarkable, it's still something I like paying attention to instead of just smacking a "you'll need these extra 900 things or you're done for lolol" in people's faces.
In other words, I find trying to balance world aesthetics and actual gameplay very hard.

Anyways, not wanting to drag on any longer, I aim for pulling myself together and kicking it back up before the last week of November. Hopefully I'll be able to make a comeback with the world next year, with proper planning, layouts and general improvements.
Quote: Originally posted by Simmerdimmer07
Take all the time you need. I do know how it is being out of the creation feel when it comes to creating a world. I do hope you find the inspiration to pertain to your world though. It looks really good from what I can see and I see a lot of potential of the world as well. Also, glorious Autumn is here now and I hope that will make it even better for you. So please, don't give up on this world.

Thanks for your supportive comment, it always brings my mood up seeing the world being appreciated!

Edit: Happy Halloween!

Edit2: I've reinstalled the game and it's currently running somewhat smooth, with the exception of an annoying but compromisable store content error. I still need some further dabbling with the game and my computer before any world shaping can take place, though.
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 11:59 AM
I too, found this thread through googling 'magic world', and I must say, the pictures look amazing! Without a doubt, the most beautiful world I've seen. I don't know if you'll see this since the thread is kind of old but.. Are you still working on this world? I would really, really, REAALLYY love to play it! Please tell me this project hasn't been abandoned!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 31st May 2016 at 7:39 AM Last edited by Prismatic : 17th Oct 2017 at 5:54 PM.
Heh, nice to see the world still getting some love. Thank you!
The world as seen in the pictures is gone forever, however, as an unfortunate computer failure related to the graphics card back in February had the computer factory reset, without backup. Clumsy of me, but I think that's actually for the best; it had a few odd glitches that I'm not sure were able to be fixed, and I also didn't like the layout and look of it.

Now, as I've said before, I won't let go of it so easily. I'm still thinking about it, however it's a bit hard to find motivation to actually do anything at the moment, aswell as some irl stuff.
At least I won't have to meddle with the river object again, thank the plumbob for Nilxis' world!
Page 3 of 3