Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 10:28 PM
Default Lee Pace
I haven't created content on this site in kind of a while so please excuse me if I forget how things work.

So someone asked me to make them a sim of Lee Pace and I thought I'd take the opportunity to perfect it and get it uploaded!

So... what needs to be changed?
Screenshots

♫ She's got sunset on her breath, I inhaled just a little bit now I got no fear of death ♫
Advertisement
#2 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by piggypeach
I haven't created content on this site in kind of a while so please excuse me if I forget how things work.

So someone asked me to make them a sim of Lee Pace and I thought I'd take the opportunity to perfect it and get it uploaded!

So... what needs to be changed?

Hihi! Another creator is making him as Thranduil in this thread so I suppose any advice that applies to him there may apply to him in your 'make'. I can't possibly advise you as I am crap at making Sims, but I just thought I'd throw the Thranduil thread out there for you to see.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 9:43 PM
You could make the stubble (sorry don't really know what it's called) at the bottom of his face a bit lighter because it look too dark compared to the real photos of Lee Pace.
Hope this helps.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 2:38 PM
thanks for the feedback!

i've put the front facing photos side by side. i hope this helps.
Screenshots

♫ She's got sunset on her breath, I inhaled just a little bit now I got no fear of death ♫
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 3:38 PM
I think that's a bad picture, because he looks sad on that picture, an expression,Which will make that the eyebrows are lower, so, search for another picture of him.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 7:51 PM
here's the only picture of his face with a neutral expression, but I don't like it because of the dramatic shadows.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 8:32 PM
That are just shadows, but a neutral picture is better.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 12:56 AM
ok, any advice on what i should change?

Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 8:09 AM
Well, as I see it, his eyes should be a bit smaller. Also, the inner corner should be lowered.
I can't quite tell if the eyes should be raised, it'll be easier to see when they're a better size
His brows are probably just a tad too turned, perhaps because you started with the other picture?

His nose needs to be more triangular - right now it's very straight.

I think his lips are very close, the lower lip could be slightly more square and perhaps the upper just a tiny bit more defined in the dip (not sure what that part's called in English, sorry).

The general shape of his head looks good, and the ears are great

Looking forward to an update
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 5:29 AM
In addition to some of the other things mentioned above, I think the eyes need to be closer together. A side view would help, but the nasal bridge might need to be adjusted up or down too. Good work!
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 2:00 PM
Lee Pace's face is quite soft, but it still has definition around his cheekbones and jawline. I think your sim's face is just a bit too "soft" in those areas. I'd define his jawline just a little bit. I'd also raise his cheekbones a tiny bit, reduce the cheek fullness a TINY bit and maybe increase the cheek jowls a TINY bit. VERY SMALL edits here, okay? Eyes should be a bit closer together (in addition to smaller). Rule of thumb about eyes - you should be able to fit 5 eye-widths across a person's face. There should be 1 eye-width between a persons eyes.

Are you intending to do this sim CC-free? Or are you open to using some cc sliders? I will tell you like I told malfoya (who recently did Thranduil as portrayed by Lee Pace) - this guy has a crooked nose, and it's been broken likely. His mouth is also crooked. To get the full likeness, you might need some specialty sliders. I can suggest a few if you are interested. (Not trying to push cc on you if you don't want to go there.)
Inventor
#12 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 6:55 PM
I would really recommend a slider or two for Lee. As stated I recently did a Thranduil sim, so I needed to sculpt him after the actor. He really has a difficult face, as he is not very proportional. For Thranduil the film makers have done some after effects though, which has made him "cleaner" on screen. You are really on to something though. I would make his chin a bit longer and his nose a bit more crooked. Here are two useful sliders (just in case): http://voicesshoots.tumblr.com/post...-to-create-them and http://tudart.tumblr.com/post/78762312340/download. The eyes are also a bit shiny. Lively eyes by Shady might work better: http://modthesims.info/d/459942.