Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 6:20 AM
Default 4-Plex Base Game
With the "What have you done w/ Strangetown" and the one 'bout Nervous Subject made me want to poke my head into that Hood. It's not one that I generally play so it was a fresh untouched hood. I did a few days rotation in each of the housed families, redoin a few of the houses while I was in their lot. Then I looked to see what was in the bin and saw Loner family and Singles family. With not much in the way of unoccupied houes I looked in the first one, think it was 57 to nowhere, the one next to the Grunts. It looked the same, if not identicle to the Grunts, for which I redid theirs, and didn't like the layout at all. So I demoed everything and started fresh with the Singles family in mind.

I made a sort of 4 plex, 2 buildings with 2 units each. Each unit consists of a bedroom, bathroom, and a living area. There is a community kitchen, game room, bbq area, and a pool area. However, I was wonderin if before I play it if ya'll think it might be of interest to upload. If yes, then I'll do a bit more sprucin up such as a dresser in the bedroom, some curtains in the living room. See what I can't do to fill out the living area some. If not, then I'm good w/ it as is and will just go play

Also, while I'm askin, if there a way to turn the sand into grass? (other than the terrain paint) I thought there was a cheat for it, but not sure if it works for BG or was a later EP.

Another question, how do I make it so the pics post in the post and not at the bottom and how do I do spoiler tags?
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 11:20 AM
Don't worry about the desert sand texture. There's a bug with just the base game where the sand texture is still exsists if you place it on lush terrains but it shouldn't be a problem for the later EPs.

As for your question, you can do spoiler tags just like this:
["SPOILER"] your text [/"SPOILER"] (without the quotes, of course)

As for your other question, you can click on an image and select view, then a new tab should appear where you can copy the link of the picture. You can add it to your post just like this:
["IMG"] link of the picture [/"IMG"] (without the quotes, of course)

By the way, have any sims lived on this lot? If yes, you should remove the sim references of that lot before you place it in another neighborhood and/or want to share the lot.
It's not that difficult. You have to open the lot.package in SimPE and remove these following things:
(If there are any of them)

-Sim Information
-Sim Relations (SREL)
- SimDNA
- Sim Wants and Fears (SWAF)
- SimScores
- FamilyTree

(basically everything with 'Sim') With just the base game, I don't think that there are any SimScores in lot packages...

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 1:40 PM
Wow that looks Great and would work great for the Singles.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Don't worry about the desert sand texture. There's a bug with just the base game where the sand texture is still exsists if you place it on lush terrains but it shouldn't be a problem for the later EPs.

As for your question, you can do spoiler tags just like this:
["SPOILER"] your text [/"SPOILER"] (without the quotes, of course)

As for your other question, you can click on an image and select view, then a new tab should appear where you can copy the link of the picture. You can add it to your post just like this:
["IMG"] link of the picture [/"IMG"] (without the quotes, of course)

By the way, have any sims lived on this lot? If yes, you should remove the sim references of that lot before you place it in another neighborhood and/or want to share the lot.
It's not that difficult. You have to open the lot.package in SimPE and remove these following things:
(If there are any of them)

-Sim Information
-Sim Relations (SREL)
- SimDNA
- Sim Wants and Fears (SWAF)
- SimScores
- FamilyTree

(basically everything with 'Sim') With just the base game, I don't think that there are any SimScores in lot packages...

@Jawusa
It was a never lived in lot by me. I was redoin before I moved the Singles in, however when I opened it in SimPE it shows this big ole long list of Sim Relations but there are no names, no information in them at all. Then there was also somethin else that said sim, but not one you mentioned. I deleted all of those (and hope my game/ house doesn't go boom :P).

While in SimPE, I thought 'bout changin the name/ address since it was a maxis made one and that way it wouldn't overwrite it for someone else. I would do this where it says Text Files .. yes? There were two of them. One had 49 Road to Nowhere in the listing twice, then the 2nd one had 49 Road to Nowhere and 57 Road to Nowhere, which was the name shown in game.

I was thinkin of deleting one of the text files and then on the other deleting one of the listing and changing the other, is that right?
Next, does it matter that is say N002 ... all over in the files, that will change as needed when added to different hoods?

(I think that's all the questions for now.)

Oh, I did go ahead and deco it out more. So if ya would like to take a look at it and make sure I did right, I can zip it for ya ... but I know you have your own stuff to do so no worries if ya can't/ don't wanna
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 4:53 PM
No it's pretty safe to remove those records. Just load that lot one more time and save and everything will be OK.

As for your question, I'd firstly sort the records by Instance. Then you'll go for instances with 0x00008000 or something like that. Before that, go to "Lot Descriptions" and find your lot. Look at the "Instance" panel if you have found it and write the instance number of that lot somewhere down. Next, you'll have to go to "Text Strings". The instances of the lots have something with 0x00008000 so if your lot description's instance would be 29, then the text string of it would be 0x00008029.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:37 AM
I would say it still needs a little work. Is this base game?

The main thing is the roofs. They look like auto roofs and are way too steep. If this is base game I'm not sure if you can change the steepness of them or not. There is a roof cheat angle, but I'm not sure if that came with an early EP.

Closer up pictures of the individual floor plans are needed as well.

I would change the fence around the lot and add more garden.

Make sure there is a smoke detector outside for the BBQ.

From what I can see the floor plans are overly large and bare. I would either make more rooms or make your houses and areas smaller and use a smaller lot. A smaller lot will also mean less need for plants.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 8:24 AM
If you make the individual buildings smaller then the roofs will be less steep. And as Jo has pointed out the rooms are overly large too.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:14 AM
It is base game so I can't do much about the steepness of the roofs. :/

Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
.....if ya'll think it might be of interest to upload. If yes, then I'll do a bit more sprucin up such as a dresser in the bedroom, some curtains in the living room. See what I can't do to fill out the living area some. If not, then I'm good w/ it as is and will just go play

I noted I knew it was somewhat bare in my openin post I did flesh it out a bit more with some curtains, plants, paintings, and sculptures in the different rooms. Still seems a bit bare though so not sure what else to do with them atm. I suppose I could make the rooms a bit smaller, but I didn't want them to be cramped looking even with minimal stuff.

As for the more gardens, I don't think it needs more bein that it's in the dessert, but I will take that into consideration and see what changes might work better. I did however change around the look a bit already as I didn't like the trees on the one side.

I can take the perimeter border out if ya think it's to much, but I don't want to put an actual fence up. The perimeter border was just to match the area around the front garden patch.
As for the smoke detector by the bbq, the only one in game is the wall hanging one which doesn't work outside. This is an all maxis place, no CC. I wasn't meanin to go all maxis, but I was in my AGS BG setup which has a few mods, but no CC. I was just goofin off before goin back to my sortin and organizin project.

Thanks for the feedback :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:52 PM
The smoke detector does work outside. if you mean you can't place it, just use moveobjects, or doesn't that cheat work in the base game? I don't know what cheats work or don't work with just the base game as I didn't know about cheats back then.

I would use a smaller lot, smaller houses and then as Karen said your roofs will be less steep and your ground will look less bare as there is less of it. There isn't much point in having a huge pool and lots of blank space unless you have plans to fill it, so why not go smaller.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~