Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 8:07 PM
Default A Controller for more as one object??
Hi!
So this is my first post here in the modding forum and I'm still learning and a bit confused about the whole bhav thing etc... well, I'll try with my poor english to explain you what I want to know if it's possible or not:
I would like to create an object (whatever, a statue or something) on which you can click and then all firework objects (the volcanoes) on the lot will fire up and explode.

So here's my question:
Is it generally possible to do something like this and could someone please give me a little clue how to do this?

Thx very much.
Philipp
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 8:24 PM
It depends whether the objects (volcanoes) you want to control are all one object with just one GUID or whether there are various different objects. If it's just one GUID you can use Set to Next Object of type [guid]. Usually I then set an attribute on that object and notify it out of idle. In the target object's Main loop, it tests that attribute and if it finds it set, it goes into the action (such as erupting) that you have decided it should do.

If the target objects might have different IDs maybe you can set the category to be something Maxis has not used, using the objects' inits.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 9:08 PM
Thx very much for your quick answer.. I'll try it tomorrow.. Now I'm going to celebrate a lil'bit with my parents (we're living in germany and it's almost midnight)..

A happy new year to everybody,
Philiipp