Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 5:28 PM
Sorry this took so long, I've been out of town.

All the CC is installed via this route...

My Documents/Electronic arts/The sims 3/Downloads.

Here's the questionare...

Saves ◦ Is this on a brand new town or a pre-patched save?-Both
◦ If new Save, how long in SimTime has this save been running for?-What's the total folder size?
◦ What is the world name? Isla paradiso
◦ Tested a CC-free game with just the recommended mods, yet?-No I could not test it.

2. Sims/Household/Population ◦ Is this a custom or default Household on a custom or default Lot?-All of the above
◦ If custom - downloaded or self-built / self-create ?
◦ What is the Lot size?-various
◦ How do you generally play? Stick to one Household or Switch families?-one household
◦ How many Sims in the Household you normally play?-between 1 and 4 but normally 1.
◦ The freeze/lag symptoms only for this Household or all Households when you switch?-Haven't tried switching in-game
◦ If you visit a comm Lot, how many Sims usually turn up?-Can't say as it varies.
◦ If you know how to do this using a mod, how many Sims are in this town's save? ie total population of the world, how many generations, etc.. I can't get the game started right now,

3. Careers ◦ What careers are these Sims in? various
◦ What level are they in now? Low
◦ What time do they go to work? various
◦ Does the freeze coincide with this timing(s)? No
◦ If they take the carpool, does it arrive on time? Yes

4. Timings ◦ If you have school-going kids in the Household, does freeze coincide with the bus arrival timings (8am, after 2pm, after 3pm)
◦ Or does it coincide with the arrival/departure of the ServiceNPCs - MailDelivery, Newspaperdelivery, Maid, Butler, etc
◦ If not, is there a pattern on when the freeze would occur? N/A

5. Routing ◦ You have checked the town for stuck Sims, repeatedly doing the same action over and over? Due to ◾ broken script mods
◾ stuck into the ground,
◾ stuck in-between floors,
◾ stuck from Lot threshold routing issues ie some borked RabbitHole/Comm Lot placements
◾ faulty routing of some custom worlds-I have a mod that unsticks sims and deletes unused cars automaticly.

◦ Have you tried the "fixAll" / "reset world" / "Reset everything" etc via Awesomemod or MasterController or "resetSim *"? yes

6. Describe what happens, what action(s) prompted it or what you were doing whenever this freeze gets triggered. Moving a houseboat, traveling in a taxi boat, scubadiving and anything done while speed is set to high. although it would be more accurate to say that lagging happens more with these.
7. Does the freeze recover eventually and you can resume playing or do you have to end the game process and do Ctrl+Alt+Del each time it occurs? It recovers shortly.
8. If the game can recover, how longs does it normally take in SimTime to resume? ie how many seconds/minutes/hours of gameplay was in suspended animation mode? a few minutes.
9. What have you tried that hasn't work? Work for a while...? everything
10. List all the packs that you have: BG + ... {WA} {AMB} {LN} {GEN} {PETS} {SHT} {HELS} {FLS} {OLS} {TLS} {MSS} {KPST} {DS}. that's at the top of this forum.
11. List what patch version the BASE GAME is on : I can't get the launcher started right now but I assure you it's got the latest official patch.
12. State which mods from the above suggested list you've used. I have Master controller, some custom sliders for CAS and that unsticking you told me to get.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#27 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 1:59 PM
Sorry, I've had other pressing concerns in the past 4 days than a Sims game. Back to the grindstone, then...

The old way to new way FAQ: are there still leftover CC there that may explain the game still having CC with new User Folders? Did we clear up this mystery? Because if I understand Merlin, it has the capability to handle .package CC files as well...Because of this response:
Quote:
Tested a CC-free game with just the recommended mods, yet?-No I could not test it.
So, why not?

Quote:
The freeze/lag symptoms only for this Household or all Households when you switch?-Haven't tried switching in-game
Can you try and report back? Switch to more than one Household is also better. The purpose of this exercise is to determine if the lag is just with THIS Household only or with any other Households in the world. Especially if it is a custom Household having CC that, could be or not be, bad / broken / outdated.

Quote:
What is the world name? Isla paradiso
Can you try other worlds? Is it the same? The purpose of testing with Clean User Folders is to use EA defaults and also rule out CC as the cause. We also need to determine if the issue is with just one world or ALL worlds. If all EA worlds, then it is a Program Files issue - bad patch, bad install, etc. Since we have ruled out Systems as the cause based on your System Specs.
Provided it is with Clean User Folders, again. So we don't taint it with unknown variables. If you have issue with Isla Paradiso with the fixes you imported, have you tested with the original back again (yes, with expectancy that the lag is going to be worse or occurring sooner, but still not right away on day 1)? Or with the fixed .world version I provided?

How long have you been playing this Save? In Sims time? When, to the best of your recollection did the lag first started appearing? Sim week 1? Week 2?

Quote:
If you know how to do this using a mod, how many Sims are in this town's save? ie total population of the world, how many generations, etc.. I can't get the game started right now,
Then do Game Help:Sims 3 Crashing Checklistwiki. But until you can for sure start a game with no CC when you load it with Clean User Folders, the troubleshooting is kinda useless as it is tainted with the CC in the mix. Especially if it is hidden somewhere and is outdated, and could explain all this laggings...

Like I've said, we are trying to determine if the issue with Isla Paradiso occurs right away at Sims 1 Week 1 at 8.00 am on Sunday if Clean User folders and no CC. So then we can safely confirm it is the Isla Paradiso.world. So, next step is to test loading a game with Sunset Valley, do the same lags occur on speed 3 at Sims 1 Week 1 at 8.00 am on Sunday? If not, then time to test with a different Isla Paradiso.world, i.e. go back to the original or get my already fixed .world version.

However, if the clean user folders resulted in your CC being gone (as it should), and if the lag is also gone, then that confirms one of the CC is the cause of the lag. Guides to identify this CC can be done by following:
- Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki
- Game Help:Package File Lagwiki

Quote:
Describe what happens, what action(s) prompted it or what you were doing whenever this freeze gets triggered. Moving a houseboat, traveling in a taxi boat, scubadiving and anything done while speed is set to high. although it would be more accurate to say that lagging happens more with these.
Lagging in Speed 3 is common. If we can confirm 100% if it only occurs in Isla Paradiso when you're at the same Save's SimTime in other EA default worlds, like Sunset Valley, or Bridgeport, or Appaloosa Plains, or Moonlight Falls; that could also be very very helpful. And pinpoint the issue further with more precision. So if you do those same activities in the other worlds, after the same time has passed for gameplay to accumulate its usual detritus, i.e. at around the same Sim Week and Sim Day as when it occurs in Isla Paradiso, does it still lag on Speed 3, is some other EA world?

If you can then pinpoint Isla Paradiso as the issue (after getting the fixed .world version and on Clean User Folders with just the recommended mods), then by all means, I welcome more reports on which Households or which Lot I can fix next. Or which spots still appear to be a magnet for stuck Sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:20 PM
Ok' I've tried switching between households in game: No effect.
The lagging is apparent whoever I'm playing with.

As I said, I tried a vanilla game and all the game saves were removed but the CC remained even though I removed the file like you instructed.

Lagging happens whatever town I'm using but it happens much more in IP.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#29 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eccentricgentleman
As I said, I tried a vanilla game and all the game saves were removed but the CC remained ...
So, first and foremost, we have to solve this mystery. We might have crossed connections somewhere, but when you refer to "a vanilla game", how exactly did you do this? Can you lay out the steps, one by one? And I'll ask again, doing the "old way to new way" FAQ confirms that there are no CC installed in the Program Files path, at all? In all and any /Game/Bin for the base game + ALL the packs? Have you done this check, yet?
...even though I removed the file like you instructed.
What file is this? Can you name it, please?

And the CC that remains, what is this elusive CC? Is it just one object? One item, or a bunch of stuff?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 I went into: Libraries/Documents/Electronic arts
2 I took the file marked The Sims 3 and put it to one side on the desktop
3 I started up the game

This should have made it as if the game was being played for the first time. Well all my towns and save were removed (But still safe in the original file.) and the game started with a tutorial but all the CC was still there and the game still laged
In the Arena
retired moderator
#31 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 1:32 AM
So then, don't go via the Libraries. Go into C:\Users instead. Directly. And, manually open each subfolder. And when you reach "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts", to rename that Sims 3 folder.

"game started with a tutorial but all the CC was still there and the game still laged "
Yes, and I ask again: What is this CC? If I know what it is, I can tell you where next to look for it specifically. Different CC types would be in different folders. Especially if the above step still nets us the "CC was still there" result.

"and the game still laged "
On Week 1 Day 1? And which version of Isla Paradiso? The original or fixed? If fixed, with resources you imported yourself or the .world I provided?

I noticed the question on whether there was ever any CC in Program Files is still unanswered...

I think I may need pictorial confirmation next. How are you on taking screenshots, and uploading it here? See http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...es_to_Your_Post
When you have renamed the Sims 3 folder, can you take a screenshot of the user folder? Showing the contents of Sims 3 folder in DETAILS view (with date and size showing) and with the PATH showing clearly in the Windows Explorer's Address bar.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 7:15 PM
I went into C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts and moved the folder to my desktop and the Custom Content was still there.

I can't remember the content names but there's the steampunk bathroom set, a frankinstine set, a VW bus, some clock tower parts and some stuff for CAS.

The game lags from the first minute of play in every town every time, the animation is almost constantly jerky in everything.
What do you mean "which version of Isla Paradiso?" I go to the main menu and select IP from the drop-down list of towns.

"I noticed the question on whether there was ever any CC in Program Files is still unanswered"
I don't remember you asking that and what do you mean?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#33 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:01 PM
What do you mean "which version of Isla Paradiso?" I go to the main menu and select IP from the drop-down list of towns.

I clarified what I meant right after that question!
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
And which version of Isla Paradiso? The original or fixed? If fixed, with resources you imported yourself or the .world I provided?

"I noticed the question on whether there was ever any CC in Program Files is still unanswered"
I don't remember you asking that and what do you mean?
I mentioned it 4 times!! Please go back and read post#18, #25, #27, and the last time in #29.
The first time was when you mentioned using TSR Merlin, because IIRC, it uses the "old method" for .package CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 9:40 PM
Ok I'm sensing we're coming to an impasse. Please give me one thing you want me to do next.
Site Helper
#35 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 5:31 AM
Ok... Maybe a different voice will help? One thing you can do. Go into Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 (or Origin Games/Sims 3 if it was installed through Origin) and see if there is a Mods folder in there. If there is, it shouldn't be there. That used to be the proper way to install CC, but EA decided to bow to the inevitable and simplified the process with patch 1.12. There were installer programs written to make the old way easier, like the Installer Monkey, and, apparently, Merlin. They are obsolete now. Follow the link that Ellacharmed gave you to switch from the old way of using CC to the new way. (http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...0to%20New%20Way)

Then, after you have made sure that there is no CC in Program Files,clear the caches and run the test game again. (With your Documents Sims 3 folder still renamed.)

Is the stray CC gone now?

You should also stop using any CC installer that tries to put things there, which apparently Merlin does. I don't know of any installer that uses the new way of installing CC other than CCMagic (which I do NOT recommend for you.) I just made a subfolder in Packages called "Newly Downloaded" and everything gets extracted into it. Once I'm sure it's working, it gets moved to a permanent home. You sound as though you have enough skill to manage a similar technique for handling CC.

Then you can come back and spell out exactly what you did, and whether or not it got rid of the stray CC.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 8:28 PM
Ok, I've done what you said and the CC is gone.
But the game is still a little laggy.
Site Helper
#37 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 5:13 AM
Ok... Is this the original version or a fixed version? And if it's fixed, did you use the .world that Ellacharmed provided, or some other method?
Does it start lagging on week 1, day 1, or a bit later?

And have you done this yet?
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed

I think I may need pictorial confirmation next. How are you on taking screenshots, and uploading it here? See http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...es_to_Your_Post
When you have renamed the Sims 3 folder, can you take a screenshot of the user folder? Showing the contents of Sims 3 folder in DETAILS view (with date and size showing) and with the PATH showing clearly in the Windows Explorer's Address bar.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 10:34 AM
I don't know what you mean by a fixed version. I did download some sort of patch from this site that's supposed to fix the registry I think.
As I've said it starts lagging immediately.
As for the pictorial, I don't know how to put something like that here.
Site Helper
#39 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 5:08 PM
That's probably Ella's fix, but can you post the link to it, just to be sure? (Go to where you downloaded it, copy the address in your browser bar, and paste it into a post.)

Do you need help taking a screenshot, or just help posting it after you have taken it? If you can take the screenshot, the directions on how to post are in that link that I quoted. To simplify things, I'll post it again. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...es_to_Your_Post

If you need help actually getting a screenshot, Open your Sims 3 folder that is currently in use. Make sure you are in Details view, and that the path is showing in the bar in the top window. Find a button on your keyboard that says something like "prt sc", "Print Screen" "Prt Scn" etc. It's usually on the top and toward the right. When you find it, hit it. (With Windows 8 it seems as though you need to also be holding down the Control button when you hit it. )
Now go into the graphics program of your choice (you at least have Paint) and find Paste (Or possibly Paste as new Image, if you have a more complex one.) You may have to open a new image and paste it into it, and in the new version of Paint you don't need to look under the Edit menu to find the Paste options. In the ones that shipped with anything below windows 8, Paste is an Edit function.
Once it has been pasted, you can save it (use jpg format...) and then post it.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 11:22 PM
As I recall, the point of the pictorals was to see if I was putting the CC in the right place and I think we've solved that. Also I'm quite sure that it was the Ella's fix but I can't remember what led me to it
I'm more interested in this "Fixed world" that's been mentioned.
Site Helper
#41 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 9:16 PM
Ella's fix is the "fixed world" http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=514909 You have 3 options with a world: 1. Fix it yourself in CAW. 2 Download the fixes and use S3PE to modify the world with the downloaded files, or 3. Download a huge file that contains all the fixes already applied to the world. Which did you do?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Ella's fix is the "fixed world" http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=514909 You have 3 options with a world: 1. Fix it yourself in CAW. 2 Download the fixes and use S3PE to modify the world with the downloaded files, or 3. Download a huge file that contains all the fixes already applied to the world. Which did you do?
ok I've downloaded all the worlds, now how do I install them? I tried extracting them into the folder specified but it said that it already exists.
Site Helper
#43 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 8:13 PM
If you are using the .world files, they are overwriting the version that came with the game, so the first thing to do is make a backup of the file that you already have.

And now I am copy/pasting from the Install instructions in the fixed Isla Paradiso download

Quote:
Backup!

Heed that backup instructions in Game Help:World Routing Lags, really! You've been warned!

If you care to continue any legacy games or Saves that you care about in the fixed version, use Twallan's Porter to transfer any Sims or Household you care about from your previous Saves. The World Routing Lag wiki has a FAQ section.

How to install?

Download all parts of the world, and rename them to get rid of the "MTS_ellacharmed_<numbers>_" portion. See Game Help:DFDD4 Download the File#Content with Multi-part fileswiki with pretty pictures.
Right-click on the file with "part1" in its name and "Extract here", or whatever command your program uses. See Game Help:DFDD5 Extract from Archive#Multi-part fileswiki with pretty pictures.
Place the extracted & joined .world file in this path and replace the default version. (You have backup, right?)

\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Island Paradise\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Delete caches before starting game if you encounter issues. Especially any files named IslaParadiso in

\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches

SO yes, under normal circumstances it's supposed to say that the file already exists. It should be giving you the option to overwrite the file with the new version. This is why you are told to keep a backup of the old file. Let the new file overwrite the old one, and keep the backup in a safe place in case you ever need it.

(There are a couple of helpful links in the original post if you need to look at them to figure out what I'm talking about. It's in the Description in the link I posted earlier to Ella's fix of Isla paradiso. )

(I'm assuming that this means that whatever you downloaded before was the resources for fixing it yourself, and not the fixed .world file? )

Page 2 of 2