Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Nobody asking for the deviceconfig file? That'll pretty much tell us everything we need to know about his system.

Where is the deviceconfig file? My folders are
Collections
ContentPatch
CurrentGamesims3
Custom Music
DCBAckup
DC Cache
Downloads
Exports
Featureleterns
IGACache
InstalledMods
Library
Mods
Recorded Videos
SavedOutfits
SavedSims
Screenshots
SigCards
Thumbnails
WorldCaches

then a bunch of junk that's not deviceconfig file
Advertisement
Site Helper
#28 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 8:12 PM
If it's completely missing, that would explain a few problems.

In that "bunch of junk" there should be a file named DeviceConfig.log. If you sort your list by Details, it will have been modified the last time you played the Sims. You can open it with NotePad to copy the required information from it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#29 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaykeyser
Where is the deviceconfig file?

If you haven't moved your TS3 Documents folder from OneDrive, then your DeviceConfig is still in your OneDrive, once you moved your TS3 Documents folder to your SSD/HDD, it should be in your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\.. folder (after TS3 regenerate your TS3 Documents folder), look for file named DeviceConfig.log, once you find it, right click on it, and open it it with Notepad.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 11:28 PM
EA Games - Sims 3 NO FOLDERS list of random junk that is in no way actual words in any language

Long jabbering pointless information I have zero comprehension of....

Device Configuration .log

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 1 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2712 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 3216 RAM: 12183 Adjusted RAM: 11671 Cores: 4
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
Family: 6
Model: 14
Cores: 4
HT: 0
x64: 0
Memory: 12183MB
Free memory: 10070MB
User: kayke
Computer: DESKTOP-9LC0665
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Name (database): Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 [Found: 0, Matched: 1]
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 1912, Board: 2b47103c, Chipset: 0006
Driver: igdumdim32.dll, Version: 20.19.15.4360, GUID: D7B78E66-5A52-11CF-8462-480BBAC2D935
Driver version: 4360
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 32MB <<OVERRIDE>>
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1

knock your selves out

correct answer to my question

Your problem is caused by ghosts, horses , ghost horses, ghost deer, ghost raccoons. ghost pets, fast forwarded lighting flashes, swimming pools, 64 x 64 size lots and mods that let teens perform ghost busting. move your sims to a fully empty neighborhood and stop turning every thing in to ghosts. your computer clearly can't handle reflections or translucent movement and its pretty bad at rendering equine quadrupeds so just stop it. As you have no interest in buying any thing and will not be opening up your computer to insert microchips, just stop killing horses and stay away from ghost hunting missions and maybe turn off the rain and stay away from massive 40 x40 sized pools.

also the problems in my other thread solved them selves on there own over time then came back on there own after a Control , Alt Deleet forced quit from task manager. I imagine the problem will fix its self again over time. but if theres a way to seed things up that would be nice, but not needed.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 12:13 AM Last edited by barbarat : 21st Jan 2017 at 12:27 AM.
EA Games - Sims 3 NO FOLDERS list of random junk that is in no way actual words in any language
Long jabbering pointless information I have zero comprehension of....
Device Configuration .log
=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 1 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2712 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 3216 RAM: 12183 Adjusted RAM: 11671 Cores: 4
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
Family: 6
Model: 14
Cores: 4
HT: 0
x64: 0
Memory: 12183MB
Free memory: 10070MB
User: kayke
Driver: igdumdim32.dll, Version: 20.19.15.4360, GUID: D7B78E66-5A52-11CF-8462-480BBAC2D935

knock your selves out

Ok, per your instruction above here you go -

Your problem is caused by ghosts, horses , ghost horses, ghost deer, ghost raccoons. ghost pets, fast forwarded lighting flashes, swimming pools, 64 x 64 size lots and mods that let teens perform ghost busting. move your sims to a fully empty neighborhood and stop turning every thing in to ghosts. your computer clearly can't handle reflections or translucent movement and its pretty bad at rendering equine quadrupeds so just stop it. As you have no interest in buying any thing and will not be opening up your computer to insert microchips, just stop killing horses and stay away from ghost hunting missions and maybe turn off the rain and stay away from massive 40 x40 sized pools.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Ok, per your instruction above here you go -

sorry for the sarcasm. I don't see how this helps. Can you answer questions honestly? None of what your asking me to do makes any sense. I don't see why ANY of this stuff would help.
Instructor
#33 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 11:18 AM

Your problems:

1. Your TS3 doesn't recognized your Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 therefore it says [Found: 0, Matched: 1]
2. You have Texture Memory 32MB Override

You need to fix them, and even after you fixed them, with this new generation Intel HD, and you will need FPS Limiter to protect it, but ony if your TS3 is TS 1.67, if your TS3 is TS3 1.69 then like Barbarat said (in TS4 having toddler).. "you're screwed"

After all of them fixed, then you can start checking your CCs Mods that may contributes lagging to the game, and edit your world and vacation worlds if you have to.., wow that's a lot of work for you before you can enjoy the game, hopefully your TS3 is 1.67
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:54 PM
sorry for the sarcasm. I don't see how this helps. Can you answer questions honestly? None of what your asking me to do makes any sense. I don't see why ANY of this stuff would help.

We have all been trying to help you and in addition to sarcasm we have been met with resistance and rudeness to basic suggestions. If what we've been asking you to do made sense you probably would not have needed help in the first place. There is no one answer fits all. You need to help us help you. Being rude is counterproductive. You have had several of the most experienced members in here trying to help you. I'm surprised they're still responding.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 3:58 PM
Did I miss some drama? I haven't been reading the forum, only skimming it. I'm getting old in my age and my eyes don't work as well as they use to. This is why I avoid reading long posts now. Seems like I miss a lot of fun?

NONE of that helps. It's all brainy egg head words. Nothing you said was at all helpful.
Site Helper
#38 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 4:47 PM
Ok. Unfortunately the "brainy egg head words" are the most precise terms to use while trying to help you.

The game cannot figure out what kind of graphics card you are using. (GPU) It's also not treating textures properly. (VRAM)
It also is probably not using the computer to full capacity, although it is rather weak for trying to make videos anyway.

You may also have mods or CC that is causing lag.

And, unfortunately, the steps in the links which Nitromon provided are what is required to help deal with those issues unless you decide to just go buy yourself a new gaming computer. I know it's easy to have your eyes glaze over when you start seeing things like "Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 9.18.13.5286, GUID: D7B71E3E-5082-11CF-7463-6D111CC2C435" But if you try to remain focused on finding exactly what you are being told to look for, and ignore all the other weird stuff, I have every confidence that you are actually smart enough to follow those directions, one step at a time. It looks complicated, but it is actually simpler than it appears. (Do not forget the step where you make a backup copy of the files you are editing. That will allow you to put the old one back and try again if you make a mistake.) We can't do it for you. All we can do is tell you, in the most precise language available, how to do it yourself. And using precise language is important, even if it happens to be somewhat technical. It's even less helpful to you to just say "edit the file that tells the game how to deal with the graphics so that it works properly, then tell it to use the whole computer and the rest of the memory available." without giving you those links that tell you exactly how to do that.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#39 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
... unless you decide to just go buy yourself a new gaming computer...

I think the OP don't need that because the OP's processor is already one of the Core i5 latest generation, and because it is too new for TS3 that's why TS3 failed to recognized the OP's Intel HD 530, and that's not the only problem with Intel HD 530 for TS3 because TS3 also needs FPS Limiter to protect the gpu, unless the OP's TS3 is 1.67 or lower then the FPS Limiter will work for the OP's Intel HD 530.

So my suggestion for the OP, if the OP's TS3 is 1.69, and since the OP's computer is a desktop PC, the easy way that will work with TS3 1.69 is to avoid using Intel HD 530 in TS3 1.69, so instead of buying a new computer, buy an older 2nd hand video card that TS3 would recognized it immediately without having to edit anything, just plug in the video card, install the driver, and then install Nvidia Inspector for Nvidia graphic card or MSI Afterburner for ATi/AMD graphic card to cap the FPS when running TS3. Then the OP can start the next thing to do with the CCs Mods etc to fix the lags..
Mad Poster
#41 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 10:42 PM
Did I miss some drama? I haven't been reading the forum, only skimming it. I'm getting old in my age and my eyes don't work as well as they use to. This is why I avoid reading long posts now. Seems like I miss a lot of fun?

Depends on one's idea of "fun." There is a very long history here.

After berating the entire techie game playing community, and in fact techies everywhere, with unprecedented rudeness and accusing us of always making simple things (?) unnecessarily complicated from the starting gate on several posts last year, I took it upon myself to have a very long chain of PMs with them to ask what the underlying problems were and to explain that among most folks' motivations to help others, liking to have things sarcastically thrown back in our faces and called names don't feature very high on the list.

Although I believe I did help the OP get past a couple of places in their games where they were stuck unable to accomplish what they wanted back then, other than that I would have to say the effort was an utter waste of time as they haven't been any less abrasive since. They don't seem particularly evil or nasty to me generally, so I would have to conclude that the OP honestly does not understand how they come across to others in these posts.

I understand that for various reasons many of us here do have the Socially Awkward trait, some of us even embrace it and find it endearing in others (go figure), some have difficulty conveying what they really mean by way of message boards, and none of us are really here to teach good manners. But regardless, I'm sorry there is no excuse for outright rudeness.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#42 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 11:51 AM
I am actually more surprised that you all allowed this to continue for another page. I already regretted my one post as a waste of time.
Page 2 of 2