Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
sims 3 - certain household continuously crashes...
i'm trying to find out what's making my sims game crash, but i cannot find out. earlier, my sim blossom had completed the Amateur Ichthyologist challenge and my other sims were eating and using the bathroom. weirdly enough, it's only this save game that keeps crashing. i do have custom content and mods, and i'm sorry beforehand if someone has posted a problem similarly to this (or if i'm doing anything wrong with this). i'm sure that none of the mods or custom content is causing this since everything works fine in my other saves (i also apologize if this counts as assuming)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:32 AM Last edited by Kylaaab : 27th Aug 2018 at 1:45 AM.
I once had a similar issue -- I moved a household into the town, not into my active family, and once I resumed playing my active family after moving them in, the game continuously crashed. In my case, the issue was a CC hair from my packages. It was fine in CAS, and I had never used it before, but once I tried entering live mode while a sim in the town was using it, it immediately crashed. I'm lucky I discovered this from specifically moving the sim in that had the hair, instead of one of the sims aging up and getting the hair on random. It would've been much harder to single it out otherwise.

So, it might not be the same thing in your game.. but just in case, you might want to double check some CC.

On the off chance you have the exact same CC hair that was giving me problems (Which I highly doubt, but I might as well mention it), search MYOS in your packages folder. It's called HairMessy, but I'm not sure which version or age has the issue.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 6:22 AM Last edited by pinstripepotoroo : 28th Aug 2018 at 6:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
reset the town

i did that, it worked for a small bit but it still continues to crash

Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
I once had a similar issue -- I moved a household into the town, not into my active family, and once I resumed playing my active family after moving them in, the game continuously crashed. In my case, the issue was a CC hair from my packages. It was fine in CAS, and I had never used it before, but once I tried entering live mode while a sim in the town was using it, it immediately crashed. I'm lucky I discovered this from specifically moving the sim in that had the hair, instead of one of the sims aging up and getting the hair on random. It would've been much harder to single it out otherwise.

So, it might not be the same thing in your game.. but just in case, you might want to double check some CC.

On the off chance you have the exact same CC hair that was giving me problems (Which I highly doubt, but I might as well mention it), search MYOS in your packages folder. It's called HairMessy, but I'm not sure which version or age has the issue.

i'll try that next! from this i'm guessing it might be some cc from one of the alt outfits i made perhaps
EDIT: didn't work sadly
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 11:50 PM
The issue with these save game crashes can have many causes. After you checked out CC corruption and if it still crashes, try resetting the town again and then immediately save the game. Then quit the game, delete your cache files - simscompositorcache, compositorcache, scriptcache, and social cache.

Then run the game again and see if that resolves it.

just tried that, my game crashed again...
is it the 'reset everything' option on master controller? because that's what i've been using and i'm not sure if it's the right one
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 12:21 AM
yes that's the right one.

Can you provide a little more information?

- When and how did it crash? Like, it crash during loading? Immediately after loading? Or 30 mins into playing?
- You mentioned all your other saves work fine, I assume you've tried other save games after this game started crashing? Just want to make sure.
- I assume following Kylaaab's suggestion, you have already tried testing this save without your mod folder or dccache folder? (simply move them to your desktop or rename them) If you are going to test without these folders, make sure you "do not" save your game during testing.
- Also if you're playing in windowed mode, can you open task manager and record the amount of RAM your game is using during the crash?

Ok, if it is not mod/cc related. If it really is just savegame corruption. There are a couple more things to try, but keep in mind there is a possibility the save or at least a sim or lot in the game is permanently damaged and may need to be deleted.

Do these 1 at a time and test it, they're not "steps" but different things to check. Each itself could fix your crash.
- Make sure you have NRAAS errortrap, it keeps your saves clean.
- Run Kuree's savegame cleaner to clean the out snaps or do it manually. (I kid you not, this actually fixed one of my games more than once)
- Switch to a different household, see if it crashes. (test if it is just this household)
- Evict your household and place them back into the house. (evicting a household clears any errors in the household)
- And if necessary, evict the household and copy them into the household bin. Delete the household in the game and then replace with the one in the bin. (saving households into the bin is yet another level of cleaning up the household. However, your household may lose relationships with the rest of the town, including family trees. Don't worry, just don't save the game while you're testing. We're just trying to find the problem)

it was crashing a bit after playing the game, about seconds after
and i have checked my other saves to make sure they're working fine
i've tried without my cache files (it removed my sims' cc, probably because i added SimCASPart cache too), but not without my mods or dccache (i think)
and i actually haven't tried windowed mode yet

this may be weeks later but after one of my sims' pets was adopted into the house, it had stopped crashing for some reason
i remember trying your town reset suggestion then immediately saving and quitting the game, i think that was the fix to it
ps: thank you for the help! (and i apologize that this is really late and if i've wasted any of you guys' time)