Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 7:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Apartment Life
Default Right edge scrolling not working?
Edge scrolling up, down and left work, but when I move my mouse to the right to scroll right nothing happens. I can scroll right using the right arrow key but not with my mouse. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still same thing. Sometimes if I'm lucky right edge scrolling works when my courser/mouse is at the bottom of the screen. It's really annoying not being able to scroll right with mouse. My current setup is a Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 2gb ram, HD and Windows XP.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 8:02 PM
OK I got the edge scrolling fixed by installing(uninstalled current driver first) an older graphics driver, but now I'm having problems with FPS. FPS is perfectly fine in neighborhood, but once I'm on a lot they tank. Instead of getting 60+ fps that I get in neighborhood, I get below 25 FPS, some times low as 6 FPS. My graphics card is a HD 2600 pro which should be more than enough for the sims 2.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 10:24 PM
I would have thought the game would be happy with a 2007 graphics card, but it might still need the graphic rules done. If you look at the sticky threads in help you will see that and standby memory are some things you can do to help the gameplay well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would have thought the game would be happy with a 2007 graphics card, but it might still need the graphic rules done. If you look at the sticky threads in help you will see that and standby memory are some things you can do to help the gameplay well.
I thought about graphics rule maker, but didn't think I needed to on such an old card. Gave graphics rule maker a try, no trouble installing it, but every time I try to run it I just get an error message. I'm a little concerned that using graphics rule maker will make shadows not work correctly. I used graphics rule maker on my newer computer that has a 750ti, and shadows don't work correctly, every time I set the shadows to high, I get back squares under my sims, hence the reason for playing the game on my old computer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 4:05 PM
OMG, finally got the shadow problem fixed. Just stumbled upon a little mod/download that fixes shadow issues. I finally get actual shadows instead of just a black square under my sims. Probably no need to mess around with getting the game to work on my older XP computer, since the shadow issue that bugged me is fixed on my newer computer which I get a solid 60fps.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 10:29 PM
You should have asked, we could have pointed you to the mod for the black square ages ago.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~