Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#8176 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 5:22 PM
Is it possible to make a custom world that is designated as a city (like Bridgeport) instead of a suburban area?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#8177 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 6:02 PM
@CatMuto
Do you mean while you are working in CAW or do you want to edit a finished world (pack/package)?

If you use Super CAW you can choose what kind of world it should be, but not in the regular CAW. If you want to change an existing world, it is possible if I remember correctly, but more complicated or it didn't work for me...

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Types_(Updated)
Test Subject
#8178 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 11:16 PM
Is there an issue concerning SuperCAW that applies to the Create Pond tool that does work poorly and that's why EA tells everybody to avoid it as they do thrmselves. My tip: Drop it. Ponds are not importmant unless for bad fishing purposes but yes for good decoration.
Scholar
#8179 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 11:50 PM
@Fluse Super CAW? I only know of the regular CAW, and I haven't touched that in years... I just saw someone made a 'My Bridgeport' custom world and it was listed as a city. I got curious if it was possible to do something in CAW to make it a city or if it was perhaps them having edited Bridgeport itself. Either would be cool. I probably should try to get acquainted with CAW again/more. Would ease my search for 'fitting' worlds for me.
Lab Assistant
#8180 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 9:08 AM
@CatMuto
Super CAW offers some more options than the regular one. You have access to all spawners, more objects and other "hidden" stuff. Also there are some more tools. Some people do not recommend super CAW, it takes for some people longer to load etc. Normally i work with the regular caw because I got used to it^^ otherwise I can't see a problem why someone shouldn't use super CAW. But maybe there are other issues with it, that I am not aware of. I don't know if this is, what you are looking for:
http://modthesims.info/t/561387

Another thread I found:
http://modthesims.info/t/595251

If you have hardly used the CAW those tutorials are perhaps a bit too advanced... the caw isn't an easy tool... well, that's my experience and opion, obviously ^^ I can say, that it takes me quite some time to understand those kind of things. But maybe you are smart and learn it very fast (: good luck <3
dodgy builder
#8181 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 1:37 PM
I found a more recent link from simsample 2017.

http://modthesims.info/t/599982
Scholar
#8182 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 12:03 PM Last edited by CatMuto : 1st Apr 2019 at 12:31 PM.
I have a stupid question. I downloaded the custom world Robin Hills and according to this image the beach at the bottom (it extends further down as seen here) is decently deep for water. But in my game, the water seems to be not so deep - I can see the sand, and where the map edge is...

...wait, could it be because of my custom lighting mod? Maybe that's why I can see deeper because the light is at the angle for it.

I added an example picture of what it looks like in my game. This is without the lighting mod.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#8183 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 1:11 PM
CatMuto, your pic looks the same as this one: https://66.media.tumblr.com/2f85d12...esjamo1_540.png you just havent photoshopped yours.
Scholar
#8184 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 2:04 PM
Oh, okay. Guess I'll just live with this cosmetic flaw? Because when I look at the preview image for the beach lot, it does show the water well.
Mad Poster
#8185 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 6:27 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 1st Apr 2019 at 10:24 PM.
How many exactly (like, precise numbers If it doesn't vary in systems) do each lot assignment attracts Sims? Oh and on I side note (or not), how do I have Sims use STORE bistro lot and the cinema? Would incorperating specific lot assignment help, or is it because nobody arrives as there no residents with lots aside from the active household?

How long it takes for (npc) Sims to move in other residential lots w/o rapid immigration?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#8186 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 10:11 PM
Is it possible to have a household with children/teens unrelated to the adults?
Site Helper
#8187 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Is it possible to have a household with children/teens unrelated to the adults?

I can't remember if I've ever tried that without the NRAAS mods, but it appears that they are only needed if you are trying to have a household with no adults and a teen. in my experience, though, the game just wants an adult in the house.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#8188 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 4:23 PM
#1 Does anyone feel satanic?
#2 Are penthouses suppose to load ages after modifying or did I do something wrong?

Mad Poster
#8189 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 6:16 PM
From another thread:
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
I wonder if retuner could add the ability for sims to use their horses instead of cars. I mostly play medieval and period style games with no roads, and I would love if that was a option.. I've seen sims autonomously use their horses in Appaloosa Plains, but never in custom worlds.

Do non-player-controlled sims use horses autonomously?

I wonder if there's anything in the GameplayData package that might shed light on this.
Scholar
#8190 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 7:18 PM
Am I being stupid about using Nraas? I have Story Progression, Story Progression Relationship, and Story Progression Extra. I can't find the option for genetic blending of babies... I looked under Pregnancy, Flirts, Romance...
And what does it mean if the Nraas Errortrap says "Sim Description Removed: [Sim Last Name]"?
Mad Poster
#8191 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I have Story Progression, Story Progression Relationship, and Story Progression Extra. I can't find the option for genetic blending of babies... I looked under Pregnancy, Flirts, Romance...
And what does it mean if the Nraas Errortrap says "Sim Description Removed: [Sim Last Name]"?

The advanced genetics options on City Hall/Computers under SP > General Options > Options: Pregnancy require the SP Population module.

Sim Description Removed much like Found (fill in the blank) Deleted is a routine correction. It's generally nothing to worry about. Part of what ErrorTrap does is to flush out "orphaned" data that is not associated with real sims, objects, and the current homeworld. Even if you really have a sim in your world with that name, there may have been duplicate sets of data associated with them. It's a form of data trash collection that helps decrease the bloat in ongoing game saves.
Scholar
#8192 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 10:41 PM
Nraas has those extra profession-like careers (Electrician, Chess Player, etc) and I wanted to ask how those were made. I'd like to try and make some myself for personal use.
Site Helper
#8193 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 4:39 AM
There used to be a tutorial on making careers, but the link goes to the old wikispaces site and I haven't been able to find it at the new NRAAS site. I did find this thread where Missy Hissy posted links to tutorials which might help: https://www.nraas.net/community/car...ssion/topic7119

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
#8194 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
There used to be a tutorial on making careers, but the link goes to the old wikispaces site and I haven't been able to find it at the new NRAAS site. I did find this thread where Missy Hissy posted links to tutorials which might help: https://www.nraas.net/community/car...ssion/topic7119

Unfortunately, that tutorial is for creating rabbithole careers, which isn't what I am looking for. I'm looking for what lets me create something like a profession; think writer or painter profession from Ambitions: no hours, no needing to go to a place.
Site Helper
#8195 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 3:05 PM
The professions are XML tuning scripts linked to the Careers mod, so to make a new one would seem to be a matter of planning and writing a new XML tuning mod. Or you could use one of the current ones as a template to make your own. (As long as you remember to change the GUID so that you don't overwrite the one you borrowed.)

Mad Poster
#8196 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 1:46 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 9th Apr 2019 at 2:51 PM.
Do lots with food registers need to be set as Markets in order to function properly (have clerk staff it, etc.) ? Oh, how to flag a city back to town type?

Scholar
#8197 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Do lots with food registers need to be set as Markets in order to function properly (have clerk staff it, etc.) ? Oh, how to flag a city back to town type?

For which EP is the 'markets'? I've placed food stalls in Small/Big Park lots, and I've placed the UL register into a library. Didn't automatically add a sim to it (I think), but I just used NRaas Register on it and picked a homeless sim to do it. Worked just fine.

Are there any mods for Ambitions that are of the 'need them' type?
Mad Poster
#8198 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
For which EP is the 'markets'?

World Adventures.

Mad Poster
#8199 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 3:45 PM
I've never really considered this, but do the markets from WA go together well with any other EP? Can you use them as general stores?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#8200 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I've never really considered this, but do the markets from WA go together well with any other EP? Can you use them as general stores?

I haven't had an issue with them, but then again, I play weird, so.... When I boot up Twinbrook, I'll see if I remembered to put WA markets in there and take some pics.

Hey, if I wanna build a car dealership for my world, that has to be residential, right? Otherwise the cars disappear, correct? (I was just constructing for 3 hours, so giving the computer a break).

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Page 328 of 385