Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#701 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:15 PM
Is this thread about "causes of homosexuality" or about eugenics ? I get confused !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Advertisement
Inventor
#702 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:34 PM Last edited by Giga : 5th Sep 2011 at 5:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ValkyrieCane
I must say the second part of your post made me laugh.

But to the first part I'm getting stressed because every single one of my friends think like me, and the ones that don't do not have a go like you people, we just all agree to disagree.

I get that it's online so everybody feels super confident to say "hey fuck you Val" But seriously I don't appreciate it, more than anything in all my posts I have said I don't understand how people can be BI/Gay, I have said nothing about them been defective or the sorts.

Everybody else always seems to have an opinion and that's fine, but why is it whenever I have mine people have a go....

In no way was I saying f-you. I was simply asking for clarification. And I wasn't the only one confused by your statement.

I apologize if I took what you said out of context, but from reading your conversation... I don't think I did. Your opinion is fine (for you) I understand that. You just have to get used to people disagreeing with you. I don't think what me or HP said was rude (well, mine might have been a little when I was discussing your opinion about bisexuals not being able to find the "one").

And the only reason I brought up the "alot" portion was because I found it funny... as the blog I linked to proves.

Anyway... back on topic.

"Goonies never say die."
Inventor
#703 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pixelhate
Is this thread about "causes of homosexuality" or about eugenics ? I get confused !

Me too apparently.

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
#704 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga
In no way was I saying f-you. I was simply asking for clarification. And I wasn't the only one confused by your statement.

I apologize if I took what you said out of context, but from reading your conversation... I don't think I did. Your opinion is fine, for you, I understand that. You just have to get used to people disagreeing with you. I don't think what me or HP said was rude (well, mine might have been a little when I was discussing your opinion about bisexuals not being able to find the "one").

And then only reason I brought up the "alot" portion was because I found it funny... as the blog I linked to proves.

Anyway... back on topic.

I am used to people disagreeing with me, do you really think I have had a easy time making friends with these thought, no.
The friends I do have are very close and used to how I am.

No HP wasn't rude he has tried to be as nice as possible, I appreciate that. I have also tried to be polite, but sometimes the things I have said may have come out wrong on the internet, things get read, and typed wrong on here.

But yeah, please lets get back on topic, I'd like to know what other people think causes people to be homosexual

I Love You Ash, My Darling Angel <3
Field Researcher
#705 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:56 PM
ValkyrieCane, I just have to say, re: your grammar:

It makes you more difficult to understand, and therefore you end up with pages of people getting pissed off at one another because you've written something unclearly and other people have misinterpreted it. Not just the "alot," but your posts in general. For example, because of the lack of clarity in your writing, I interpreted your entire post on genetics, eugenics, and defectiveness as being in relation to LGBTQ people (since we are, after all, on a "Causes of Homosexuality" page, and your reply came off of a conversation regarding the "gay gene.") It also came across as being at least slightly ignorant of disabilities (for the example you specifically used, people who are paraplegics don't require care by their parents for the rest of their lives; for another example, there's a significant portion of the deaf community that would be very angry if you attempted to "cure" them, as they don't see their deafness as a defect.

As for on-topicness, I think the cause of homosexuality is an intricate interplay between genetics and environment (and is probably polygenic in nature.) Epigenetics may also come into it, but I have to go and don't have time to get into epigenetics now.
Test Subject
#706 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Julieryc
ValkyrieCane, I just have to say, re: your grammar:

It makes you more difficult to understand, and therefore you end up with pages of people getting pissed off at one another because you've written something unclearly and other people have misinterpreted it. Not just the "alot," but your posts in general. For example, because of the lack of clarity in your writing, I interpreted your entire post on genetics, eugenics, and defectiveness as being in relation to LGBTQ people (since we are, after all, on a "Causes of Homosexuality" page, and your reply came off of a conversation regarding the "gay gene.") It also came across as being at least slightly ignorant of disabilities (for the example you specifically used, people who are paraplegics don't require care by their parents for the rest of their lives; for another example, there's a significant portion of the deaf community that would be very angry if you attempted to "cure" them, as they don't see their deafness as a defect.

As for on-topicness, I think the cause of homosexuality is an intricate interplay between genetics and environment (and is probably polygenic in nature.) Epigenetics may also come into it, but I have to go and don't have time to get into epigenetics now.

I'm sorry if my posts do not make sense to you all.

I am talking about disabilities in general as I have said before, I think I would reach a text limit if I went on to name EVERY single disability know to this world. So I have names a couple off the top of my head.

Deaf people are been cured. They have hearing aids. It's a temporary cure until there is something that can help then with electronic aids. And for your information my brother is deaf, my husband is partially deaf and I am too, I would love to be cured and be able to hear clearly.

As for my grammar I have tried to be nothing but clear. I have spaced out my posts so that it's not all in one big clump and I have gone over my spelling. I may have mistyped or missed words though, I'll have to check now.

Scholar
#707 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Unalisaa - can I borrow your avatar? I think I really need to bang my head against a wall.

I facepalmed three times while reading the thread today.

Quote: Originally posted by ValkyrieCane
But to the first part I'm getting stressed because every single one of my friends think like me, and the ones that don't do not have a go like you people, we just all agree to disagree.

I get that it's online so everybody feels super confident to say "hey fuck you Val" But seriously I don't appreciate it, more than anything in all my posts I have said I don't understand how people can be BI/Gay, I have said nothing about them been defective or the sorts.

Everybody else always seems to have an opinion and that's fine, but why is it whenever I have mine people have a go....

This is the debate forum, not the "share your opinion without criticism" forum. If you air a controversial opinion, you will be disagreed with. I can tell you from experience. It's not so much that people are attacking you personally, either. It's just that your opinion is so very different from the opinions that many of us hold and, when faced with an opinion so different, sometimes people have difficulty figuring out where to start on a counter-argument because they never expected to encounter such an opinion and can't relate to the point of view. It just seems ridiculous.

I object to your use of the word "defect" to refer to the genetic factors of homosexuality, and I would add that there is also the prenatal environment that affects sexuality, but I would otherwise agree with you on the causes of homosexuality. I very much disagree with your opinions on the morality of sexuality, the behaviors and mental states involved in non-heterosexual sexuality, and on your vague recommendations of eugenics. But these are not the topic of the thread, so I'm not going to write a wall of text arguing with you.
Test Subject
#708 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:20 PM
I was well aware that when I put my opinion on here people were going to have a go at me or give their opinion back, but like I have said several times now, I just want to get back on topic in this forum because it's gone way off topic, this needs to be a whole other thread, as HP has said a while back.

I stand by what I have said, I believe the gay factor of a person comes from genes, that's it!

On another note my views which people see as ridiculous, I do not. I stand by my opinions and I am not afraid to express them. I am proud of that fact.

Just please go back on topic, because it's getting stupid now.

Alchemist
#709 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:55 PM
Being homosexual and bisexual is NOT a freakin' birth defect. It's not a syndrome, it's not an illness you can cure, nothing like that. It's purely and simply what you feel. It doesn't depend on genes, that's my personal opinion. I know a couple of gays and bisexuals who have heterosexual parents and I haven't heard them once saying anything about having homosexual ancestors (as in grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.).

Valkyrie, you whine about people disagreeing with what you say, but I personally wouldn't expect anyone to agree with your opinions regarding homosexuals. You make it look like it's some mental illness, like it's the same with Down's Syndrome or something. REALLY?! I understand it is your opinion, but such points of views shouldn't be expressed out loud, because nobody would agree with them. It is insulting to a really high point.

As a side note, you can try a spell checking program. It really wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: And we are on topic, unfortunately for you. We are talking about the causes of homosexuality, and you think that it depends on genes. You consider it a cause. In vain you're trying to change the subject now, when you see that your opinions are so disagreed.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Test Subject
#710 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Creeper
Being homosexual and bisexual is NOT a freakin' birth defect. It's not a syndrome, it's not an illness you can cure, nothing like that. It's purely and simply what you feel. It doesn't depend on genes, that's my personal opinion. I know a couple of gays and bisexuals who have heterosexual parents and I haven't heard them once saying anything about having homosexual ancestors (as in grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.).

Valkyrie, you whine about people disagreeing with what you say, but I personally wouldn't expect anyone to agree with your opinions regarding homosexuals. You make it look like it's some mental illness, like it's the same with Down's Syndrome or something. REALLY?! I understand it is your opinion, but such points of views shouldn't be expressed out loud, because nobody would agree with them. It is insulting to a really high point.

As a side note, you can try a spell checking program. It really wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: And we are on topic, unfortunately for you. We are talking about the causes of homosexuality, and you think that it depends on genes. You consider it a cause. In vain you're trying to change the subject now, when you see that your opinions are so disagreed.

I'm really not whining and I have used a spell checker, according to the internet spelling and grammar checker everything is as it should be.

And as for what you said about my opinion, it's MINE and mine alone. I could be saying "It's wrong for men to like cock, they are all fucking faggots for liking it they should all be fucking killed!" But am I saying that, No I AM NOT!

Am I saying "All dyke bitches should be killed for eating woman cunt, fucking kill them at birth as well!" NO I AM NOT!

Am I telling anybody else to shut the fuck up because I don't agree with their opinion so they shouldn't be allowed one, hmm am I? NO!

So do not tell me that I can not have mine, If people want to be gay/lesbian/bi then fine. I'm just giving my OPINION on what causes them to be that way.

Which is what this thread is all about.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#711 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 7:19 PM
Okay ya know what? This thread is getting way too bonkers. I'm locking it for now to give everyone a chance to cool off.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.

Page 29 of 29