Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 6:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default CAW Edit in Game Crash
I'm officially at my wit's end. I've spent the last two days trying to open my "Edit in Game" on my CAW with no success. I have combed the net and tried all of the following, in no particular order:

- Clearing both game and CAW caches
- Running without custom content
- Uninstalling and reinstalling CAW and TS3
- Installing and running AdvancedSystemCare & GameBooster
- Adding Games, Launchers and CAW to DEP List
- Minimizing load window while world loads
- Restarting computer
- Creating a new game file by renaming the old one and restarting game
- Checking CAW and patch compatibility
- Running EIG through ZaideChris' EIG Starter
- Doing all these things at once

Still, every time I try to launch Edit In Game, the result is the same. "The Sims 3 has stopped working." I've tried everything I can think from MTS and other help pages with the same problem and still NOTHING.

I have put so much work into this world, I really, really, REALLY don't want to start over. All other CAW features work fine, this only happening when I try to enter Edit in Game. Can someone PLEASE help me?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 3:29 AM
Help please? Suggestions?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 8:37 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

This step -
Quote:
- Creating a new game file by renaming the old one and restarting game

- is just for Sims 3 user folders or the CAW ones as well?
And you still get "The Sims 3 has stopped working" error with newly created sets of both?
Test with both newly created World project and then after transferring the last WIP world you were attempting. Go back to the backups as necessary to see if we can pinpoint if it is triggered by a change done on a specific day?

Quote:
- Checking CAW and patch compatibility
Can you tell us the versions for both CAW and game that is currently installed?

You could also try Process Monitor to monitor what file is being read at the time that message gets triggered.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 2:21 AM
Here's my System Specs:

With newly created Sims 3 user folders and newly created CAW files, I was able to open a small, empty world in EIG. But once I moved my save data over, it began crashing again (including each of my backup saves, all of which had previously booted before this problem began. I ran Process Monitor as I was testing this and no file was failing during the start-up (as it never gets past the world loading screen on EIG).

I am running TS3 version 1.63 and I'm not sure on the CAW version (not sure where to look it up, but I downloaded it from the Sims site four days ago when I did the uninstall and reinstall to make sure it was the latest version.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 8:19 AM
We can test if I have the same issue with your project files if you want to upload the zip to a fileshare site. To confirm if the files are corrupted.

But, personally I think it is the system. It could be that the system has had its last straw. A dual-core with just @1.3GHz processor is not really equipped to run the base game on version 1.0, let alone on 1.63.
Game Help:Your Computer is Like a Carwiki

The easiest way to locate the CAW version is from the Control Panel. Or, you can also confirm it manually.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 3:04 AM
Crud. Thanks, but no. I was really hoping that wasn't the case, but you're most likely right, and I won't waste any more of your time. Husband has promised me a better computer for Christmas, I'll just have to put my project on hold until then. Thanks for taking the time. Cheers.
Locked thread