Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 12:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 is complety broken
My PC used to run Sims 2, but after reinstalling now its lie this and before yo ask I'm on compatibility mode and I'm using graphics rule maker
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:20 AM
For some reason I'm unable to screenshot my game, but the hoods every time I get in them is just sky blue and the UI and when I get in CAS it just show the cas building nothing else appears.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 2:24 AM
What OS are you using?
Is your antivirus running? Bizarre things happen when antivirus software quarantines game files it doesn't recognize.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
What OS are you using?
Is your antivirus running? Bizarre things happen when antivirus software quarantines game files it doesn't recognize.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro x86 and my antivirus is Malwaredbytes free, I checked the Quarantine and is empty. What else it could be?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 2:43 PM
Try adding the file locations of your Sims game install and your userdata to the exclusions lists.
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1130
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try adding the file locations of your Sims game install and your userdata to the exclusions lists.
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1130
I did it but I didn't work
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 5:49 PM
I took some pictures with my phone. I had to compress them because the site wouldn't let me post them because they are to0 big
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BUG.rar (2.67 MB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 10:49 PM
What size monitor are you using?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What size monitor are you using?

1440x900
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 2:07 AM
I am thinking its to do with your Screen Resolution and size/shape vs the game resolution settings. What happens as you try different resolutions in game?

Also please don't upload picture files, post them so we can view them in your post.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 2:25 AM
That's a screen ratio of 1.6 - you can use any setting with the same ratio.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I am thinking its to do with your Screen Resolution and size/shape vs the game resolution settings. What happens as you try different resolutions in game?

Also please don't upload picture files, post them so we can view them in your post.

I tried it but it didn't worked what else should I try
Alchemist
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 9:43 PM
maybe files in My Documents directory were set to "Read-Only". if they are, uncheck that box.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 1:30 PM
Problem solved I got an new laptop. It's an Vaio is from Vista era but runs Sims 2 very nice since Sims 2 game from XP era, it also runs Sims 3 pretty well. The only pet peeve I have is that sometimes the sounds stops and records pretty slow. But for it's price ain't complaining