Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 1:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Unknown mod aborts the game.
Every simmer knows 1.69 would likely be the final update to the Sims 3, however, my game refuses to operate based on an "Out of date" mod.

All of my mods are updated to 1.69, so where might the problem lie?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 4:26 AM
Where is this information coming from? The game truly refuses to operate or you are getting the "unofficial modification" core warning on startup that can still be clicked through?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 9:02 PM Last edited by stormcat3 : 10th Jul 2018 at 9:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Where is this information coming from? The game truly refuses to operate or you are getting the "unofficial modification" core warning on startup that can still be clicked through?

I get that message, click through it, and it crashes a few seconds later anyway.

EDIT: Found the one that was causing the crashing, but I still get that message.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 9:19 PM
The only mods that "should" ever be throwing that warning are Core Mods and there are only 6 of them in popular usage. Even then, the game shouldn't be crashing like that. There is no difference in the game files between Patches 1.66, 1.67, and 1.69. If a mod is made for any one of these, it will work exactly the same on the others and the updated Core Mods really only account for the new internal build numbers. Where this used to be critical was back on Patches 1.63 and prior or with attempts to use Core Mods intended for the prior patch levels on a more up to date game.

For the list of Core Mods and which ones have 1.69 versions:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69

Script and Tuning Mods, CC, etc., require no updates or special versions between these patch levels.

If you are getting the core version mismatch warning with no Core Mods in play, or you are certain with only those made for 1.69, not multiple copies, not packages merged together, not Steam versions, and not running with stale cache files, then that I'm afraid leaves us with the possibility that you have a broken install. What happens if you try to run the game with no mods at all?