Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:35 PM
Default How to turn a non-default skin to default?
Hi everyone, I'm trying to turn this skin mod into a default skin. It has 2 versions: one being default that applies to the whole body, and the other being non-default that applies only to the face. I want the second one, non-default skin that only applies to the face, to be the default skin, but I do not know how to do that. I have been following this tutorial and applying it to my case, but so far I am failing. I have downloaded sims 4 package editor + the sims 4 studios. Right now, I'm stuck at timestamp 3:47 of the tutorial because I do not know which part type I should go and which picture I should use. In fact, I don't even know if I'm going in the right direction. This is my first time modding so any help, tutorials, or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 1:02 AM
Default replacement skins are replacements of the game skin textures, you can't make them as CAS parts like eye colors so that tutorial won't help.

There are two parts to skintones. The part being used by the mod you linked is the grayscale textures that give detail and shading to the face and body. (The other part is the color image, which can also contain some detail.) Unfortunately there are textures for each age, gender, and body type (base, fat, fit, thin, bony) plus overlays for the chest, so it's a lot of files. For the face it's worse because there's overlays for the face presets including forehead, eyes, nose, cheeks, mouth, and chin. That's a LOT of files.

As far as I know, without replacing all those textures the best you can do is to combine that face texture with the base body - and it looks to me like the skin creator already did that.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4