Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:23 PM Last edited by rollingstarr : 20th Dec 2018 at 10:53 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Adult Sim in Uni lot? (and issue with lot)
I've been playing a Megahood, where I used meetme2theriver's clean templates. I placed one of the premade dorms to La Fiesta Tech. It showed it was occupied once I had placed it. It was occupied by Jason Greenman. I moved him out and he showed in the family bin (not in the student bin). Riverblossom Hills is one of the shopping districts I added to the main hood (Veronaville). When I loaded Riverblossom Hills, none of the lots were showing. I've never had a glitch like this before.

Would this be considered corruption? Would it be safe to continue playing this Megahood? (aside from Riverblossom Hills, of course)

EDIT: I play the Ultimate Collection on a MacBook Pro.

EDIT 2 for clarification: It was one of the premade dorms available in the Lot Bin.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:44 PM
generally it is best to use Clean Installer to install any content.
for lots, uncheck any characters/household before clicking "Install".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
generally it is best to use Clean Installer to install any content.
for lots, uncheck any characters/household before clicking "Install".
Clean Installer isn't available for Mac.
Alchemist
#4 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 11:12 PM
following process could work::
1. create a new neighborhood and place the lot in it.
2. kill any occupants then save & exit.
3. re-package the lot.
4. quit game.
5. install the newly packaged lot.
6. run game.
7. in the neighborhood chooser, delete the newly created neighborhood. then enter the wanted location.
8. place the newly installed lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
following process could work::
1. create a new neighborhood and place the lot in it.
2. kill any occupants then save & exit.
3. re-package the lot.
4. quit game.
5. install the newly packaged lot.
6. run game.
7. in the neighborhood chooser, delete the newly created neighborhood. then enter the wanted location.
8. place the newly installed lot.

The lot wasn't downloaded. It was one of the premade Uni dorms that comes with the game.
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 12:45 AM
Are you sure you installed the Riverblossom Hills subhood download in the right place? It sounds as though your game is confused as to whether it's a downtown or a university.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Are you sure you installed the Riverblossom Hills subhood download in the right place? It sounds as though your game is confused as to whether it's a downtown or a university.

Yes, it's in the Neighborhood Template folder for Open for Business, as it's a Shopping District, not a downtown.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 12:52 AM
All I'm trying to figure out is whether or not this hood is still safe to play.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rollingstarr
All I'm trying to figure out is whether or not this hood is still safe to play.

I wanted to note that I play on an iMac and play with the Super Collection.

If you want to be careful and you have not played the hoods very long, I would redo the game without a Sims 2 folder so as to make the game generate a new game.

Your game sounds kinda iffy when it comes to corruption, but it might have more to do with having too many Downloads. If lots are missing that is a bad sign. I have a lot of experience with this particular problem and it only occurs on Macs, because there is a Maximum Number of Open Files on OSX, the good news is that one can change the number and the problems will go away unless you add a lot more content.

How many items do you have in your Downloads folder? If there is a lot you might have too many items, if there is not a lot files then your glitch is caused by something else.

This link contains a compilation of the symptoms that I have found of having too many files in your Downloads folder. http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,115344.0.html

In my signature is a link to a page that I made on how to fix the issue if you find that you have this issue.

I am frequently here on this site as well as several others, and I am always willing and usually able to help.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.