Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 1:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Super Duper Hug - Debug?
Okay, this is a sad story. I got so frustrated I went a little mad and deleted everything in my downloads folder! Yes, everything! Except Scriptorium, which has to be uninstalled a different way. But I was experiencing crash after crash, and so after reading a lot of informative (but sadly unrelated) posts on here, I just decided "Ah, the hell with it!" and I deleted it all. I wanted to make sure CEP was still there, so I installed something, then installed some recols for it, and they all appeared, so I'm assuming this means CEP is still alive and well. So far so good.

So then I built a little trailer for a kid and his dad, painted it, furnished it and had no crashing at all. Dreamy! Maybe my problems were over. Then the obligatory neighbors arrived to welcome them to the neighborhood, and as soon as I instructed the kid to talk to one of them, the menu appeared with the usual options of "Talk . . . ", "Entertain . . .", "Shoo", etcetera, but also a whole bunch of menu options that all say the same thing :"DEBUG - Super Duper Hug".

I've heard of this Super Duper Hug thing before, but I did not pay too much attention since it was on the short list of problems I DIDN'T have. I haven't clicked on it, so I don't know what would happen if I did, I thought I'd ask some wiser minds than my own about what I should do. Is this a glitch? How can I have a glitch if I don't have any custom content left, except for that one item I used for testing the CEP?

I don't have testingcheatsenalbed on or anything like that. I have moveobjects on, but that's it. Does anyone know why I'd have this thing suddenly appear? It's not like I was expecting a fuss-free transition to No-CC-land after hysterically eradicating everything in my Downloads, but this is a new one. Any advice will be much appreciated!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 2:08 AM
You have it because you didn't install the essential mod that keeps it from being activated. If you do a search on this site you will find many posts on this, many by me, so I don't really want to go all over it again.

Basically, this is maxis code, annoying maxis code. Go get yourself no sim loaded + smarter EP check to hide it. You will still have it but not see it anymore. Do not upload lots from your game as it goes with the lot. You activated the code either from pulling a badly made social mod or from a downloaded lot.

This code is not harmful. This is why we list these mods as essential and should be placed into your download folder before anything else. Since it is too late now, you can just hide it. Reading your post again, looks like you activated it by pulling a social mod. Also no cc at all will result in other corruption if you do not have at least the essential mods in place like no unlink on delete. There is nothing better about going no CC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 2:11 AM
You had some improperly made social mods in your Downloads folder (things that add to the Sims pie menu) that were cloned from a debugging file that is usually hidden by the game. When you deleted all of your downloads, the Debug-Super hug appeared in its place (like when you delete a CC statue from your downloads folder and when you reload your game, you see a vase or flamingo in its place).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 2:26 AM
Thanks for the swift replies! I will do just that, @jo. I never upload (or download) lots anyways, but it does make sense that it came from some sketchy social mod, because I think I had a few of them- hence the trouble. Thankyou both!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 2:57 AM
If you never plan to upload a lot, add in those 2 mods and forget about it. They should both pop up on Google, but let us know if you can't find them. You must add in Cyjons smarter EP check for No Sim Loaded to work.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If you never plan to upload a lot, add in those 2 mods and forget about it. They should both pop up on Google, but let us know if you can't find them. You must add in Cyjons smarter EP check for No Sim Loaded to work.

Nope, I found them and put 'em in. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 11:53 AM
I know it's not a good idea to resurrect an old thread, but I've come to some interesting findings thanks to Maranatah (MaraLetsPlay).

Last night she sent me a lot that she built to test if anything was missing. I created an all EP/SP AnyGame with no mods/CC in it, and installed the lot with Clean Installer (which showed nothing except the lot itself). I placed it in a fresh Pleasantview and moved the Burbs in. The Hug appeared. When I clicked on any Sim, I could see it at least 5 times, and even after clicking the More button. First I panicked and exited without saving. Then I reported this to Mara and she tested it out. Unsurprisingly, it also showed up in her unmodded game that she had just created. I loaded another AnyGame with no mods or CC to check if the bug spread, and it didn't.
Then I loaded Pleasantview in which the infected lot was placed, and only that lot had it, while others didn't. I decided to try Chris Hatch's Lot cleaner. The Hug was gone after using the Lot Cleaner, and I didn't even have any mods in the Downloads folder! Mara did the same, and it disappeared in her unmodded game as well.

What we deduced from this is that if you install an infected lot into an unmodded and uninfected game, only that lot will have the Hug. If you use the Lot Cleaner on it, the hug will be removed (not hidden). If you remove a badly made social hack from your Downloads folder and you don't have any mods that suppress the hug, it will appear on any lot that was loaded and saved while that hack was in game. But at least we found out it can be removed from a lot.