Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 8:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lots keeps disappeared
Hi, happy new year to everyone!

I have one problem for a days

Residential lots and community lots keeps disappeared when i click right cut files my neighborhood to my desktop and copy previous backup for see something and then i deleted it and i click right cut files of current my neighborhood back again and back the game but all sims and lots are disappeared.... So, what causes?... I have essential mods and i used HoodChecker and it says no corruption at all.

It would be appreciate if you can help me.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 10:42 PM
I'm sorry, I don't understand your post. If you cut and deleted files well they would be gone. Can you show us a picture or give us more detail about what you did?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I'm sorry, I don't understand your post. If you cut and deleted files well they would be gone. Can you show us a picture or give us more detail about what you did?

1. I never deleted files of lots but i just right click "cut" folder of my neighborhood and paste it in neighborhood files and back to the game and then lots disappeared.
2. After that, i go to check folder of lots and lots package are still there.
3. I take back my 2nd old backup from december and august of 2018 and the same happened again, every lots disappeared...
3. I take all CC out and lots are not showed up yet.
4. When i go to sub-neighborhood like bluewater village and downtown but all lots are showed up and fine, but every lots disappeared in only main neighborhood.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled again and wait and see what happens.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 11:45 PM
Quote:
i just right click "cut" folder of my neighborhood

So you opened your game files and did cut there?

Quote:
and paste it in neighborhood files

And then you pasted it back into the same space?

If so that would be why. You probably pasted over the top and that is a thing you should never do. Never paste a hood over the top of a hood. That causes all kinds of wonkiness.

Do not uninstall, this has nothing to do with your game files. You have 2 lots of files, one is the installation files and the other is the active game files. Your neighbourhood folders are in The Sims 2 which are the game files. You only uninstall for corrupted installation files or when moving computers. Do not uninstall unless you have messed and corrupted your installation files.

Picture added of the installation files. C drive (programs x86) and a picture of the game files under Documents.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 11:50 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Jan 2019 at 12:11 AM.
Why do you cut and paste folders from your neighborhood? Messing about with this can cause whole neighborhoods to disappear if you don't do it correctly. If you cut something out and then rn your game, the game may not recognize the files the next time you play, particularly if you haven't done it the right way.

If you want to check something in a Neighborhood folder or elsewhre, it's always safer to copy and paste. Same if you have a backup and want to use the files from there. Copy and paste (so you still have the backup files), and it's always safer to copy over an entire neighborhood because mixing the files or leaving out some can cause corruption.

You should not copy/cut/paste between neighborhoods. If you want a lot or some sims in a different neighborhood, you need to extract them in a proper way and then put them into the other neighborhood as "blank" sims or houses. Done incorrectly, it can cause corruption and errors, and a bunch of other problems. Takes just a few minutes, and it's very easy.

Also, NEVER cut/copy a folder and let it overwrite another. This is very likely to cause issues because the folders will sometimes merge together and mix up, and you really don't want to do that, particularly not in an uncontrolled way. You can cut one folder and put it somewhere else, and then cut or copy over another folder. However, be careful because doing it with the wrong files or folders can cause a lot of issues.

If you've done a lot of changes to your Downloads folder or elsewhere in the "The Sims 2" folder, you may want to delete the cache files (accessory/cigen/contentregistry/Groups) because these save a lot of junk and can stop your game from loading if there's a problem with any of them. They're the main cause for games not working, and if you have problems with your game or Bodyshop, deleting these files is one of the first things you should try.

As for reinstalling the game, all you need to do is to remove the "The Sims 2" folder in the Documents folder (NOT the ones in Program Files!!!), and run the game - this is a kind of "soft" reinstall. All the files will regenerate from the install files, and everything will be reset as if you just installed the game (except for any changes done in the install files).

There's only a few times you need to reinstall the game from CDs or whatever format you're using - when installing the game the first time, after reinstalling your OS/resetting the computer, or if you suspect some of the install files are borked (but some of the files can be fixed by replacing the borked files, so this one can sometimes be avoided), or if you've done permanent changes to the install files and want to set it back to default. Any other reason that's likely to be a problem with a borked neighborhood, or if you just want to reset your game, can usually be fixed by a "soft" reinstall. Doing a full reinstall of your game every time you hit a problem can sometimes cause more issues than it's worth, particularly with registry files and the like. It's also very time consuming.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 1:12 AM Last edited by Alex5 : 3rd Jan 2019 at 2:06 AM.
@simmer22, I See! but i never merge them, only first delete and second, copy old backup in neighborhood folder, anyway, did you see my post #3?

@joandsarah77, Sorry, i don't understand your post but for example, when i cut my latest version of hood files to my desktop and i put old backup of hood file in neighborhood folder for looking for something and then exit the game and i deleted old backup and take latest version of hood files back there again and back to the game and then lots disappeared but lots package are still there in folder lots.... Unfortunately, it has been uninstalled and installed was succeeded but i don't have UC, anyway, just wait and let see what happens.

Other thing, when i use HoodReplace for my hood but few days later i changed my mind and i deleted it and take old backup but everything was fine but now why is lots disappear can happen sometimes?

I created my hood since June 2017 and have many CC and had never any problems yet.

Sorry for my bad english.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 2:28 AM
Okay so you cut then pasted to your desktop? You didn't say that you pasted what you had cut anywhere. This is why I asked for more explanation.

Cutting and pasting the hood to desktop was correct.
pasting in your backup also correct.

I don't understand what you did after that sorry, your text is really confusing to me. I can tell you what you should have done though. At this point, you should have deleted the neighbourhood manager file and loaded your game.

Please do not uninstall, this issue has nothing to do with those files. What I want you to do is rename your Sims 2 folder and run the game. This will make you a new folder.

Then open the neighborhood folder and delete those hoods that you don't want and also delete the hood manager file.
Paste in your hood back up and load your game.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alex5
Hi, happy new year to everyone!

I have one problem for a days

Residential lots and community lots keeps disappeared when i click right cut files my neighborhood to my desktop and copy previous backup for see something and then i deleted it and i click right cut files of current my neighborhood back again and back the game but all sims and lots are disappeared.... So, what causes?... I have essential mods and i used HoodChecker and it says no corruption at all.

It would be appreciate if you can help me.

If what joandsarah77 says does not work then try this.

This is the wright protection problem with windows now for about 3-4 years.
You must change My Doc's to both read and write by right clicking on the My Doc folder, windows does not like it when you changes things around like that anymore.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 12:55 PM
Okay so you cut then pasted to your desktop? You didn't say that you pasted what you had cut anywhere. This is why I asked for more explanation.

Cutting and pasting the hood to desktop was correct.
pasting in your backup also correct.

I don't understand what you did after that sorry, your text is really confusing to me. I can tell you what you should have done though. At this point, you should have deleted the neighbourhood manager file and loaded your game.

Please do not uninstall, this issue has nothing to do with those files. What I want you to do is rename your Sims 2 folder and run the game. This will make you a new folder.

Then open the neighborhood folder and delete those hoods that you don't want and also delete the hood manager file.
Paste in your hood back up and load your game.

Sorry i forgot to say something, yes i cut it and paste in my desktop

I already deleted cache but nothing happened but i will make screenshot soon.

About neighbourhood manager file, i don't know but i will see it later
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 1:22 PM
When you open the neighbourhoods folder (Documents>EAGames>The Sims 2>Neighbourhoods) you will see at the end a file by itself called neighbourhoodManger.package, delete that. The game will make a new one just like it does the cache files.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 3:12 PM
When you open the neighbourhoods folder (Documents>EAGames>The Sims 2>Neighbourhoods) you will see at the end a file by itself called neighbourhoodManger.package, delete that. The game will make a new one just like it does the cache files.

I deleted it now but let see what happens.