Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 12:19 AM
Default Will this graphics card run TS2?
Will the AMD Radeon 7750 run The Sims 2? I know it'll run TS3.
I also plan to play other games, but aside from The Walking Dead, I don't know what exactly.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 2:08 AM
7750 run TS3 high-max setting fine so for TS2 is "overkill".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enterprise24
7750 run TS3 high-max setting fine so for TS2 is "overkill".

Ahh okay, I'm guessing overkill is a bad thing. I was going to use TS2 for a series, but I have most of TS3's expansions (and there's more CC for TS3 to me). Thank you so much, we got the 7750
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 7:35 AM
Overkill's not a bad thing! It's... like buying 10 bags of chips when you have 10 people coming over for a party. Sure, you totally have enough chips for everyone, but they're probably not going to eat all of them. So you'll have leftovers, and that's okay!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Overkill's not a bad thing! It's... like buying 10 bags of chips when you have 10 people coming over for a party. Sure, you totally have enough chips for everyone, but they're probably not going to eat all of them. So you'll have leftovers, and that's okay!

Okay... Sorry for sounding stupid, and asking so many questions, but I'm a tad bit confused, will it run TS2 or not? (Oh dear I feel so stupid)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 12:53 PM
Oh, yes, it'll run the hell out of it. Having an overly powerful graphics card that can run circles round your game is just fine!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Oh, yes, it'll run the hell out of it. Having an overly powerful graphics card that can run circles round your game is just fine!

Oh my god, thank you! So I guess I'll be able to run TS2 and most of it's expansions?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 11:47 PM
You can play all the expansions, if you want to.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.