Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 4:29 PM
Default Computer Help
Before I began i posted a few wks ago i guess in the wrong section and i guess some ppl got offended that i did (oh well it's NOT that serious my bad -.-). Anyways After that i spent time reading up on prepairing (once I have the game far as mods, sliders alot has changed since The Sima 2) alot of information has changed. So i was reading up on the graphics card the computer I planned (now changed my mind) buying. It was a Geforce GTX 760 aparently it's outdated. I read a thread about far as performance wise what was the highest one and 770 was on top plus more recent card. I looked up some pcs to see if any had it. My budget is unlimited but I still have to buy the monitor, ethernet adopter and the games as well. We're looking at about I say a little over $1,200.00 Far as the pc goes. As mentioned before i do not want one built as where I live most shops do not build only fix (to my knowledge). Moving on I did read all the requirements and specs but i am NOT a technicial person so all of this is nonesense to me. The people that gave me advice before werent as helpful (IMO). Anyways I have ONLY one question Will these run the game + expansion packs and stuff packs +( loads of cc).

Choice One:
http://m.tigerdirect.com/products/8573808

^^ Kind of over my budget but i can still gather as much as I nerd for the pc (moniter etc). This is a beast I really want it LOL. It has the 770 plus its 2TB! and alot of slots and things

Choice Two:

http://m.tigerdirect.com/products/8210354

^^ In my budget it is also the same GB size and Hard drive size which is great only con for me is that it comes with Windows 7 Premium and I believe i'd have to update it which is something I don't wanna do i mean when I update it overites the old OS right?.(I'm clueless to these things) It also has the 770 which is good I mean I can see myself buying this since its in my budget.

The main thing I am looking for in the pc itself is:

-Ram I personally want 16gbs with room to expand if not thats cool too

-Updated Os I know 7 works with the game but 7 is also outdated

- I want atleast 1TB but with 2TB thats a plus to me

-Graphics card has to be Nvidia I prefer it I was going for 760 but I want a better card that will play the game (on higher settings maybe?) better so 770.

I couldnt post this on the forum because I do not have a game yet.As stated I am not interested in building on so please don't mention it I know its cheaper but I have the $ to just buy one made already. Thank you Also I'd like to know which one you'd prefer and why.
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 5:31 PM
What game are you looking to play? Sims 2 or 3 or both?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Site Helper
#3 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 6:40 PM
Or Sims 4?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 7:19 PM
The sims 3 ... im a little skeptic about 4 as I'm hearing possible rumours of subscription of some kind etc but right now just the sims 3 and its expanion packs and stuff packs + cc
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 8:19 PM
What country are you buying from? I'm assuming you want the computer already fully assembled. Is that correct?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 8:58 PM
i live in the us Lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 9:01 PM
I just want a answer yes or no thats all
Scholar
#8 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 9:17 PM
Short answer? No.

A couple of things.

1. You should avoid CyberPower and IBuyPower because they tend to have really shitty customer service and have been known to use refurbished parts in their computers, which makes the computer so much worse.

2. You don't need a computer that powerful for just the sims 3/4. The computer you chose is $1400+ but doesn't even have an SSD. It has also has a K CPU that you're paying an arm and a leg for but that you won't even be overclocking. They don't even mention what motherboard to see if the motherboard even supports overclocking.

3. You should look for a 4th gen non-K i5 paired with an H87 motherboard, close to 8GB of RAM at speed 1600Mhz, an SSD of atleast 120GB, a western digital HDD and a GTX 760, a decent case with both intake and exhaust fans. You really don't need an i7 or a GTX 770 for the sims 3/4. You will not notice a difference, even on highest settings.

If you want I can help you find something better suited for the sims 3, but the answer is more complicated than a simple "yes" or "no".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 12:01 AM
Okay well like I said of this technicial stuff i dont understand..... The 760 I read about was some where on the forums on the sims 3 site is where I got the performance scaling ( Where 770 was the highest and most recent) The 760 came out the quarter of last year I believe so. I have no idea when 770 came out. Anyways all I want is something that will work ( as i brought the game when it first fame out and the pc i had wasng even compadible with the game....back then i didnt know to much about the games requirements) As i am older now and have the money to buy a decent computer I wNt to get my moneys worth where I have more than enough space for the games and cc (ive seen tons the past few wks Id like to play with) As well as a good graphics card inside not to mention something that Lets say six months in or a yr or so later runs as good as it did the first time i turned it on. Someone told me powerpcs and cyberpcs is way better than any other kind when gaming because they handle games more than your regular PC. I opted out of having one built from either site as Ive read their reviews ahen building and they were aweful so I decided to just buy one. I was interested in a Acer then someone told me they're aweful as well I'm just confused and a bit annoyed. I don't want to blow money on something that doesn't perform well or isn't good enough. It would be a big help if I had some great suggestions.
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:58 AM
I would say a 760 is great and not extremely outdated but if you have the money go for the 770 you'll thank yourself later. As far as pre built computers you'll always run the risk of used parts and all kinds of terrible things and what your paying for it can get you top parts and you'll still save 200 to 300 dollars enough to get a good monitors and games. I really think you should consider building it yourself, you may think it's so hard and technical but it's NOT. I totally swear! I went from knowing very little about pcs like I didn't know what a motherboard was or had on it to building this https://pcpartpicker.com/b/GRX
It's nothing but legos for adults. All you need is an afternoon (2 to 3 hours for everything) and you'll have a great pc that you'll be so proud of and bragging rights that you built your own pc.
As for parts you got great choices with your budget. Her is a parts list I've put together for myself but they should work great for you http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Cutie9676/saved/4vDM
It's well in your budget with premium parts that will last for years. If you are will to build it yourself I can help and help you step by step and also the way I learn was mostly by watching videos on youtube. I think if you go this route you'll be alot happier and save ALOT OF MONEY and get the most for your money (things like a better graphics card and ssd)

PS never and I mean never buy name brand like Acer,Dell, HP for serious gaming you will waste money that can get you premium parts. the fastest in the world parts.
Scholar
#11 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 10:35 AM
I agree with what Diana said about building your own PC, although you can get NCIX to do it for you with the parts you choose.

Just be mindful about the build Diana linked to. It has a K series CPU, a h100 and a Z87 motherboard which you don't need, and absolutely should not spend on if you're not overclocking. Especially if your computer knowledge is limited.

I also wouldn't recommend to anyone a GTX 780. You're better off buying a GTX 770 now and replacing it completely in a year or two if you need to. Its more cost efficient that way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 11:41 AM Last edited by lavshdiva : 28th Apr 2014 at 11:54 AM.
i stated I'm not interested in building one whats the difference between buying one and building one.Building has only one pro and that's you get to pick and choose what you want.Regardless you're still paying for a heavty price( estimate building one will be under or close to $1,000)not to mention shipping for every little item. Ive seen some specs of people (on you tube and off) and didnt build their pcs or ppl who've brought them premade and it run smoothly. Thats all I am asking i am not a computer savvy person and currently do not have the time to build one as RL happens and right now I have to deal with that nor do I have the patience for any of that. No I do not know anyone who builds them as my circle is very small and friends are not a priority in my life. i just want to know the difference between buying one and building. You can still have one built and someone do a shitty job. Things do break down or wear out idc if you build it your self shit happens. Take my pc I had at the time i got it in 10th grade i believe... believe or 9th it was a HP. With that pc i had taught myself how to do graphics and things (this was during the AOL times lol). I had brought the sims 2 when it came out and it ran fairly Ok. Anyways I had to sadly throw away my pc later that summer after the sims 3 release. So thats what about 7yrs I've had that pc. Since it was bought i do believe it was a basic average pc not 1TB of space though lol. I just want a explaination because to me it dont matter weather you buy it or build it it can still break down. I just want a machine that will RUN (compadible with)the game and all its other games and things as well as LOOK good doing it. All this overclocking this that and the third is nonesense to me all I know is it keeps it from over heating and i guess not burn the motherboard? but all computers overheat they're machines, Whatever.. this searching is driving me nuts to where I starting to lose interest in the whole thing together tbh. How can ppl buy a pc and it run good compared to a built one that runs the same that doesnt make sense. You understand what my point is?. All i'm asking is suggestions to some computers that don't need much work done to them but are also powerful how is that so hard?. Most ppl who play this game i doubt theirs are built especially those with limited time and busy lives. Thanks for the advise but as stated I'm NOT building one, i rather buy one. Which i stated in the begining of the post. Atleast i have the common sense to know not to play it on a laptop LOL. Honestly I think these one's I've picked are great more so the first one than second.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 12:37 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 1:10 PM
the pc I was gonna get before was at newegg but it was the 760 card i just haven't retreated back to further my search for a 770 on newegg i just went with tiger since both sale the same pcs it seems
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 2:35 PM
i'm going with my first choice it has the SSD thing and the speed is 1600 MHz someone dididn't read it all it has both the solid and the hard drive so theres one of each and the capcity is 120GB i wish people would atleast read everything before commenting. It may be too powerful for the sims 3 alone but i think it can handle it and everything and whose to say i'll just use it for the sims I may find other games enjoyable online as well and some games do require a powerful system i would think so. Plus if i'll never use all of the 16gbs of ram i'll have room to spare as i stated in another post i dont like to limit myself.. and if powerpcs and cyber pcs have such cheap mother boards why are they ALWAYS recommended over any other pc (acer,asus etc) if something was crappy it wouldnt get such high ratings or reviews only thing bad about them I've read myself is when you get it build how long it takes and the delays (which i'd never have a pc built online i dont trust that kind of online shopping). Anyways I believe this can and will be able to handle it and run thats all I was asking NOT all that extra mess not everyone can afford this so they settle or have parts put in later which is understandable but thats not me if i got the money ima spend it long as it WORKS!. I honestly think sone of you literally missed my point i just want to know can or will it run it simple nothing extra and it would really help out if you own one the pcs
Scholar
#16 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lavshdiva
I honestly think sone of you literally missed my point i just want to know can or will it run it simple nothing extra and it would really help out if you own one the pcs

No. I completely understand your point and I can totally understand that you don't have the time, the knowledge or the inclination to learn more about computers and build your own. That's 100% okay.

But I do. I know my gaming computers, I know the sims and that's exactly why I'm telling you all this. I'm giving you solid advice and that advice is you're better off letting me help you get something more reasonable. Cyberpower and IBuyPower are terrible companies.

You want an easy answer? Let's go.

Will the $1700 or $1400 computers from tigerdirect play the sims 3 on max settings? Yes, it should. But like I said IBuyPower is a terrible company and i wouldn't be surprised if you have problems with it.
Should you buy any of them? No.
You asked in your original post which one i prefer and why. The answer is none. Both ad terrible and i already wrote why in my previous post.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 10:36 PM
Okay so other than those can you link me to some other options with about the same specs?.
Scholar
#18 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 10:29 PM Last edited by ajaxsirius : 29th Apr 2014 at 11:08 PM.
This one is priced reasonably: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16883220405.

I'll keep looking for something but that asus one is already much more reasonably priced.

Edit: here's an alternative thats more expensive, but will run the sims better because it has an SSD.

Follow the links below, and click the red "add to shopping cart" button on the right of each one. Then checkout. They will assemble it and install Windows for you and ship it to you.

1. PC Assembly And Testing with 1 Year Limited NCIX System Warranty PRE-CONFIG WIN. OS If Purchased
2. Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64Bit SP1 DVD OEM
3. i5 4440 Quad Core 3.1Ghz
4. Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit
5. Asus Video Card GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 GTX760 OC 2GB DDR5 256Bit PCI Express 3.0 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/Display
6. Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
7. Western Digital Blue 1TB
8. MSI CSM-H87M-G43
9. NCIX Bundle Deal Fractal Design Core 1000 mATX Case & Seasonic M12II 520W Modular Power Supply

Total: $1116.31