Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Northeney

by Norn Posted 27th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM - Updated 16th Nov 2023 at 4:02 PM by Norn : Updated RH links (again)

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:54 PM Last edited by thaees : 14th Dec 2017 at 6:57 PM. Reason: spelling
thank you so much for this! seriously i have no words to describe how grateful i am. i was so tired of my old favorites and it's hard to come by well made and detailed worlds like this, especially nowadays. really, thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#52 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 8:42 PM
Wow, this is... absolutely beautiful. I am in love. I've been looking for a world like this for a while now and this is just perfect.
I do have a question though, is it usable without Into the Future? That's one of the only EPs I don't have If I had the money, I would buy it in a heartbeat just so I could use this world haha but unfortunately I don't.
Anyways this is a stunning world and you did a great job on it, thank you for sharing it!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 9:40 PM
Hi @StardustX, you shouldn’t miss much as Northeney is a bit behind the times so there are no bot-making stations or ITF lot types.
You probably don’t need that EP if you don’t mind the occasional mounted fish when objects are replaced or the strange looking wallpaper. You will need to replace the seatings at the "Strandkörbe" at the beach, and the science lot won't have an elevator to second floor (there is a stairway, too, so not a big problem). The Bowling Alley will look a bit strange as I used the ITF round windows there. But the world itself should be playable without problems.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 2:19 AM
This is so beautiful! I haven't been able to get in-game to have a look at this, but believe me, this is one of the first things I will be checking out!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#55 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 5:49 PM
This is SO pretty, I rarely download any hood but I must have this <3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#56 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 8:32 PM
I love this world. It reminds me so much of childhood vacations. It's also the first world, be it custom or EA, where I don't feel the need to give it some kind of makeover and drop in some of my own houses to play in. It has exactly "my kind" of lots, be it residential or community. Thank you!
Test Subject
#57 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 9:16 AM
Hi Norn,
I have been fallen immediately in love when I saw your world. It's a must have one. Thank you very much for sharing. I do have all expansion packs, but is Into the Future really required? Honestly I myself don't like Into the Future that much and I worry the coldness of this expansion pack could kill the cozy charm of your world.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 9:46 AM
Hi @Yakamoz,
it makes me very happy that you like the little island! Don't worry about Into The Future "coldness" if you want to play the world. I used some decorative objects, but you won't feel a strong impact of this expansion pack or the gameplay it offers. Northeney is a bit behind the times, they refused to arrive in the future
Scholar
#59 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:37 AM
I ran into a small routing problem. I'm using the save file, my sim is living in the town part and working at the lighthouse. He can go to work without a problem but when he tries to go home, he's just sitting in a boat near the coast and goes back to the lighthouse after a moment. Sometimes it happens a second time if I try to send him home but either at second or third try he makes his way to the other side of the island but stops just before the coast and swims the last bit. I do have two more sims (soon three) and a cat to handle so it often takes long to get him home.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 11:27 AM
Hi @arathea,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the routing at the lighthouse. Unfortunately I don't have a real solution for this. We encountered this issue during testing, but it occured only randomly and rarely so that I decided to leave it at that. The EA water routing system is deeply bugged. If the routing issue keeps occuring, you could move the RH rug to a different building and set up the work place there and leave the lighthouse as No Visitors only.
Scholar
#61 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:51 PM
Thank you for your answer. For now I keep it as it is and just have an eye on my sim to get him home in time. Since the lot is furnished accordingly to the science career, I'm using it with Zerbu's Ultimate Careers mod so moving just the rug would take away more fun for me than it adds some convenience with the routing.
I just wanted to mention it. Thank you again for your wonderful world.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 8:07 PM
I'm having so much fun playing here! Thank you very much. I love how store and ep items are integrated into the main world.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 4:13 PM
I have been playing Northeney solidly for about a week and I must say, it is absolutely stunning. Very well thought out and beautifully landscaped. There are so many great things about Northeney, but, I would have liked a large lot on top of one of the hills for a castle.
I slowed the gameplay down to 20% with NRaas..Relativity (I use most of the NRaas Mods and a few ani_ Mods, from the same site) so that it seems like nothing is rushed. I also introduced disease with NRaas..Vector because it seems appropriate for the time period.
Again, great job.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#64 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 8:58 AM
Absolutely lovely.
Test Subject
#65 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 7:48 PM
I tried installing Northeney using your save. I get the following error when trying to open it "Northeney_save Cannot load this save game. I may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system." I have all expansion packs, all stuff packs, all store content and have installed all RabbitHole Rugs you recommended. I play about 25 worlds, including many custom save worlds and have never run in to this problem. I LOVE this world and really want it in my collection. Please help!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 8:08 PM
@NaomiBader I'll pm you - hopefully we can sort this out!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 12:39 AM
Hi, this is a beautiful world! Do you know if it will work all right without Showtime?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 2:12 PM
Hi @suziblue, this shouldn't be a big problem. You will need to rezone and redecorate some lots because I have several Showtime venues (with Showtime lot types) and used a lot of decor from that EP. But one of my testers didn't have that EP and everything else worked fine for her.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:43 PM
@Norn, Ok, cool. I'll give it a shot. One of these days I really should get that EP. Thanks for the quick reply!
Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:29 AM
The best world EVER - and I've tried a lot!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I LOVE this world - it's so beautiful, with the hills and variations in both height and flora, and the houses are fantastically well made.

This is what I particularly love about it (just to give you some cred and appreciation), in no particular order:

- The variations in the landscape - the hills make for BEAUTIFUL views and I love the tiered town streets
- The details and variation in the houses - both outside and inside
- I don't have to start furnishing to make houses "lived in" or to make venues feel complete
- That you use rabbithole rugs and leave ample space to start using Zerbu's ultimate careers mod
- It's northern (no palms where I'm from)
- The houses themselves fit so nicely with the northern, old-timey feel
- There are dive lots
- There are all the lots for all the expansions venues (and I can customize what is not there)
- No roads (I like horses)
- It's a small world so travel is fast and you can get a grip on what's there
- all the spawners!
- no custom content, store or stuff pack content
- again, the landscaping is phenomenal - attention to detail all through the island with lots of trees, shrubs, little lights, paths, sand, dirt patches...
- probably more that I can't think of now.

Honestly I've downloaded and played a ton of worlds - 30? 40? 50? - and this is the first that ticks all my boxes and where I don't have to modify everything to suit my play style or expansion packs. You've done a stellar job and given me (and others) hours of fun! Thank you! Now off to playing...!
Instructor
#71 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 5:58 AM
I've just spent more time pouring over these beautiful pictures - I love that it is a roadless world - I might have to look at playing this one day in the future when Martin's ancestors need somewhere a little more modern than the 15th Century! Thanks so much for the hard work put in Norn. Again this is a beautiful world!!!

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Instructor
#72 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:08 AM
Spectacular and beautiful ! Thanks so much for this world

I make sims worlds ... can you believe it ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 3:26 AM
Gracias, me encanto este mundo.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 11:36 PM
beautiful world, I can not understand how the tool works to create them!
Test Subject
#75 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 9:32 PM Last edited by meowool : 30th Jan 2018 at 9:34 PM. Reason: new info
This is a great world and I have been really excited to startplaying with it...
Only issue I have is that: the sea is black? I only have pets, ambitions, supernatural and island paradise as EPs...I'm pretty sure that I downloaded everything I needed.
Started playing a family and it's only black when looking at a town view oddly enough..
Page 3 of 7