Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 16 (Who?), Viewed: 458 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 4:16 PM
Default WCIF - Object, trait, and Pets removal mod
I'm not sure if I've seen it before, I'm sure there must be... but I'm trying to find mods which fixes these issues.

1) A mod that lets you block certain objects from being autonomous generated? I'm just so sick and tired of the game generating walking canes. I keep deleting them and the game just keep creating them.

2) A mod that lets you block certain traits from autonomously assigned? I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this before. I remove all insane, inappropriate, and bot fan traits manually. Can't stand them. But the game will keep assigning them to new sims. Is there a way to block these?

3) There gotta be a mod out there that blocks pets from showing up at night clubs and destroying the furniture and peeing on the floor. There just gotta!!

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 5:23 PM
1 and 2 - NRaas StoryProgression. SP Money module needed to stop the inactive cane purchases.

3 - NRaas GoHere and StoryProgression (both working together, not separately).

Need more details?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 1:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
1 and 2 - NRaas StoryProgression. SP Money module needed to stop the inactive cane purchases.

3 - NRaas GoHere and StoryProgression (both working together, not separately).

Need more details?

Yes, can you give me more detail? I'm not sure how SP can stop the traits or the modules, I'd imagine it might be more of a MC thing. Thanks!

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Alchemist
#4 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:10 AM Last edited by igazor : 15th Dec 2017 at 4:51 AM.
So this is #2 then. On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > SP > Town Options > Sim:Disallow Trait. If a sim already has or is assigned one by the game that is on the Disallowed list, SP will "notice" it pretty soon and replace it with another one. If you want the ban only on a subset of sims, or want certain sims exempted from it, then look for the same setting on Caste, Household, and Sim Options.
(Edit: SP Extra add-on module required)

MC would be useful to remove or add traits manually, not to keep them away ongoing. May as well give details on the others as well.

1 - On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Money > Options:Purchasing > Purchase Canes > False.
(again, SP Money add-on module required)

3 - Create one or more automatic castes for the animals that you want to restrict from the bars (can't remember right now if there are built-in ones that will suffice). On the lot in question, the one where the venue is, NRaas > SP > Lot Options > Caste:Disallow > (specify the castes to be restricted).
(the GoHere mod is required to be in play in order for the Lot Option to be honored)

This doesn't act like a brick wall, but then caste members (the animals) should not be pushed to the lot any further and humans carrying baby animals shouldn't be either. If any do show up and make it inside, they will likely leave pretty quickly. I use the same technique to keep children and younger out of adult venues and YAs and older out of teen-only hangouts.

The latter part of this discussion should really have taken place at NRaas, but maybe this will help others wondering the same things.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 6:31 AM
Man these are good stuff! Thanks!

Quote:
NRaas > SP > Town Options > Sim:Disallow Trait.

I must be missing a module here? I don't have this option.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Alchemist
#6 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 1:24 PM Last edited by igazor : 15th Dec 2017 at 4:52 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
I must be missing a module here? I don't have this option.

That's odd, no module should be required for that one. You're on City Hall/computer and under Town Options? Does it show under Sim Options, when clicking on an individual sim?

To be fair it's not an setting I look for every day, in fact I don't think I've ever used it. Will double-check and take a screen shot the next time I'm in-game but that won't be until much later today at the soonest.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 4:10 PM
I did not think a module is required for that either. I use the Retuner XML tuning as detailed in the Retuner FAQ

Set the autonomy to False in Retuner: From CityHall or Computer > NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Object > Umbrella > StartUsingUmbrella > Allow Autonomous > Set to False

From City Hall or Computer > NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > ByTuneable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Objects > Umbrella (there are also Parasol settings):
kChanceFemaleUseUmbrellaEvenIfTempNotHigh
KChanceSpecialTraitsNotUseUmbrella
kChanceGetParasolInsteadOfUmbrella
Temperature Caps
kUmbrellaCheckForRainEffectFrequency
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 4:40 PM
Wait I'm a little confused on the trait thing.

I want certain traits to be completely banned from the game, so I don't have to go to each sim and manually modify the traits, is this method the correct way? I typically use the menu via townhall. The Town Option shows a list of things, but there is not any option under Sim:*** in the town option.

In sim option menu, yes there is some way to edit the traits for the selected sims, but again, that requires me to manually do it every now and then. I'm hoping to just ban these traits from being assigned autonomously? Sorta like how CASP could disable certain clothing from being randomed.

---

About the retuner, does disabling the umbrella autonomously also prevents it from being created? Right now it is the walking canes which are driving me nuts, I delete them from object stats and they instantaneously gets create again. But there are a lot of objects I wish they would just stop autonomously generating like the space car for alien sims.

---

Actually I have another question about something. I typically clean up items via town option - item stats- global, etc... and I delete things I don't like. However, is there a way I can clear "all" the resident household family inventory at once? I don't mind if I have to manually do it every now and then, but this would be helpful.

I noticed when I play a town long enough, I get literally thousands of books in the game. But these books are not on the shelves or even in the sims, they're in the family inventory. I switch families a lot and right now it is almost a constant ritual to go into buy mode and clean their inventory every time I switch household. They collect a lot of junk in there.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 5:07 PM Last edited by barbarat : 13th Dec 2017 at 5:19 PM. Reason: Adding Additional Trait Info
Quote:
In sim option menu, yes there is some way to edit the traits for the selected sims, but again, that requires me to manually do it every now and then. I'm hoping to just ban these traits from being assigned autonomously? Sorta like how CASP could disable certain clothing from being randomed.
I am not sure how removing/not allowing any traits would play out in the game but you can change them for the whole town:
From City Hall or a Computer>NRaas>Master Controller>Advanced>Traits>Change>Homeworld

Quote:
About the retuner, does disabling the umbrella autonomously also prevents it from being created? Right now it is the walking canes which are driving me nuts, I delete them from object stats and they instantaneously gets create again. But there are a lot of objects I wish they would just stop autonomously generating like the space car for alien sims.

Just deleting or flushing they will return. Using Retuner, should keep them from regenerating. I have not seen Umbrellas, canes, etc at all after changing the settings.

Quote:
Actually I have another question about something. I typically clean up items via town option - item stats- global, etc... and I delete things I don't like. However, is there a way I can clear "all" the resident household family inventory at once? I don't mind if I have to manually do it every now and then, but this would be helpful.

From City Hall or a Computer>NRaas>Master Controller>Town>Object Stats>Inventory

Re the Books - I generally flush them but eventually they return or are put back by the City Council. There are more tips here on The Managing Inventory Page that might be useful

EDIT: I don't think I completely answered your trait question. I'm not in game atm but will take another look after I load a game.

This is part of instructions on removing Social Group Interactions but works in other instances also :

1. City Hall/Computer > NRaas > MC > Sim > Advance > Traits > Change
2. In the "Select Criteria" window, click "Trait" > Accept
3. Sort the list by Type to bring the hidden (H) traits to the top
4. Select "Jock", "Nerd" and "Rebel" > OR THE TRAITS YOU WANT REMOVED
5. Select each sim in list OR ALL > Accept
6. For each sim (named at top), sort the list by the "Value" column and look for "Jock", "Nerd" and "Rebel" traits where it says "Has" in that column then select them and > Accept
7. Keep going until you've gone through all the sims. Once you've done the last one, the window will just disappear
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 5:26 PM
You might have already seen this page but just in case and/or for others following this thread the Gameplay FAQ and Tips Document offers suggestions and links for game play.

There might be other solutions for your questions. For more suggestions/help you might want to consider posting over at NRaas Chatterbox. There are members with more experience than me who might have better solutions for you
Alchemist
#11 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 5:47 PM
Quote:
Wait I'm a little confused on the trait thing.

I want certain traits to be completely banned from the game, so I don't have to go to each sim and manually modify the traits, is this method the correct way? I typically use the menu via townhall. The Town Option shows a list of things, but there is not any option under Sim:*** in the town option.

There are two menu items that begin with the text "Sim:***" that should be showing in Town Options, this is one of them, and this is the level the settings for which should flow down to all sims in this world automatically. I was only asking if they were showing in Sim Options on a typical sim to help pinpoint why they might be missing, I didn't mean to imply that you need to change anything on all sims in town individually as they are born or arrive, etc. I'll take a look when I can into the game, seems odd that those two options (but no other) would suddenly go missing on us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 8:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarat
There might be other solutions for your questions. For more suggestions/help you might want to consider posting over at NRaas Chatterbox. There are members with more experience than me who might have better solutions for you

Thanks, yeah originally it was just WCIF for any mods out there, that's why I didn't specifically go to NRAAS to ask. I think the retuner looks like what I need to block objects from generation. I can't wait, there are a lot of junk objects in the game I want to get rid of!!

But the trait thing, I'm already doing that more or less right now. I was hoping there was a way to stop them from autorandoming into new sims like the CASP editor (which was a lifesaver!)

Quote:
I'll take a look when I can into the game, seems odd that those two options (but no other) would suddenly go missing on us.

Thanks! Is this a new thing? As you know, I rarely update, so if it is new I might've just not have the right version.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Alchemist
#13 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 4:50 AM Last edited by igazor : 15th Dec 2017 at 6:58 PM.
Quote:
Thanks! Is this a new thing? As you know, I rarely update, so if it is new I might've just not have the right version.

Well, whaddyaknow. I was able to re-create issue of the two Sims:*** options going missing with the SP base mod only in place. Turns out that the required add-on module for the Disallow Traits one that you need is SP Extra. Documentation updated, thanks for the report.

And, in the immortal words of Maxwell Smart, "Sorry about that, Chief!"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 6:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
Well, whaddyaknow. I was able to re-create issue of the two Sims:*** options going missing with the SP base mod only in place. Turns out that the required add-on module for the Disallow Traits one that you need is SP Extra. Documentation updated, thanks for the report.

And, in the words of the immortal words of Maxwell Smart, "Sorry about that, Chief!"

Cool! Thanks! I'll give these all a try in a bit. Right now got another bug going around in University. *sigh* Sims 3, we have all the problems of a major theme park and a major zoo and the computers aren't even on their feet yet.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 10:36 PM
Update:

Well I tried the NRAAS SP extra for the trait removal and the Retuner for the object removal.

Both works exactly the way I had hoped and removes the unwanted traits and objects. However, I think b/c my game is already heavily modded, running several NRAAS tools and other heavy mods, adding these 2 mods severely lagged the game.

1) Retuner - I remember I tried this before b/c it is a powerful tool and it does a lot of great stuff. But I decided not to use it in the past b/c it does affect the performance of the game. I used it again this time and it blocked all the umbrella, parasol, and canes. I even use it to adjust the fun acttractiveness of blackjack tables b/c sims don't use them when slot machines are on the same lot. But the trade off quite severe. It affects the efficiency of the sims, as many sims standing idling and take much longer to decide to do things. Furthermore, I found many NPC sims just standing on sidewalks doing nothing instead of going to their bars and registers.

2) Story Progression Extra - I didn't think an add-on module would impact the game much since I am already running the main SP module. But this one affected my game to the point it is unplayable. Even in normal speed, you can feel a pulsing lag, like it is pulling data. However, in the fastest mode, the game pauses intermittently quite often, the game is unplayable. I am assuming the disallow trait function itself is not the cause of the lag, but probably some other functions that came with the Extra module.

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions, but these days I prefer more stand alone mods. For example, to get rid of the fall leaves, I'm using a stand alone mod by Shimrod + werismyki. It increases rake speed to 1 min, disable leaves in other seasons over most of the town, and improves AI autonomy in raking. Tempest seems great, but like most big mods, includes a lot of functions I don't need that would affect the performance of the game.

If anyone knows other standalone mods what would allow me to disallow/manage traits or objects, please let me know, thanks!

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Alchemist
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 11:07 PM
I'm going to guess, based on prior conversations, that my system is far under-powered compared to yours. It is aging after all, and although sufficient was never what one could call high-end to begin with. But that's really surprising about Retuner. The mod loads up its tuning changes just after startup, so yes there will be an impact just as the game clock starts moving as things load for a few sim minutes. It really doesn't have much to do after that, the tuning changes to be read are one-time things each.

If you are that sensitive to SP generated "pulses," then the impact of SP Extra is not so surprising. Are you on anything close to current mod versions now? Much older versions of SP/SP Extra included Lot and Sim Tags, which did make it a killer of an add-on module especially with colored tags activated. We offloaded that entire function to Tagger long ago, where it runs much more efficiently for those who want the features. And of course mixing a current version of SP Extra with an older version of the base mod is never going to work out well.

Having said all this, I haven't been able to run the game on any speed higher than 2 for a long time, at least not in a playable sense. If I'm just trying to fast forward through a sim day or two in order to test something, of course I can do that but it lags on me all over the place -- doesn't really matter to me if I've banished my sims to their beds to sleep for 48 hours at the time. But anyway, I always assumed that was my system showing its age, not the mods interfering.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 2:05 AM
That was my impression as well with Retuner, I was under the impression it just modifies tunable xmls. But it was pretty clear that sims were just idling when I have Retuner in. The only thing I can think of is either there's a conflict with another mod, or it has to do with whatever I was tuning. I tuned only disabling the canes/umbrella via the instructions here and also I increased the blackjack table's attractiveness.

The SP extra module was more problematic b/c of the pulsing lag. Even on normal speed, you can feel it though it wasn't strong enough like actual pausing, that only occurs at the fast or fastest speed. The thing is, even in normal speed, if I rotate the view with the mouse wheel, it would jump b/c of the pulse. Um... I can update it to the latest version, see if that makes any difference.

I'm on an i7, but it is from 2012. Generally playing, I can use the fastest speed pretty fine. There will be occasional pausings if something big is happening, but nothing frequent... most of the time I can still move the view freely in the fastest setting. I do have relativity set to 25%, it makes the clock run slower.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.