Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 7:53 AM Last edited by lidiqnata : 11th Sep 2015 at 12:09 PM.
Default Monthly Themes - September
Thank you for participating in our August monthly theme - "All about men". Half an year has passed and we're happy to share some stats with you!
Number of goodies: 253 so far
Most goodies received per game: Tie between TS2 and TS4 (37)
Most participated theme: Maxis Makeover
Most goodies per category: Lots - 112
Creators who participated in every monthly theme so far: lauratje86, lidiqnata, CatherineTCJD, Michelle, HugeLunatic
Creators who debuted with the monthly themes: RTS4CC, N_Fluen$e, Boudicca_WarriorQueen, KaORama, planetcheese, ankoyume, caitawesome, Veletura, attuned, ChisanaAoi, Deestar, C-chan, cord11, jacobc62

September Theme - All things retail
It's time to put those working hands to work! All things retail is the perfect theme for community lots,apartments,careers,uniforms,foods,hotels and last,but not least - home business. So don't hesitate to do a working sim or a shopping bag - anything that can be bought will be of use!

The Rules
  • The usual Creator Guidelines apply to all uploads.
  • Anything goes, as long as it's somewhat related to the theme - see inspirations above
  • Only uploads that are uploaded before the end of September will receive an achievement sticker (this includes 30th) - anything uploaded after that date will not compete. We will look at the date it has been uploaded to the queue, don't worry about waiting times for moderating.
  • Tag your upload with this tag:themeretail. This way it is much easier to keep track of uploads and we know that you are participating in the monthly theme.

If you have a question about something that is not included in the description above - feel free to ask! If you have other ideas on content that would be in the spirit of this theme, don’t hesitate let us know All currently in the queue,will be added once approved.

August Theme - All about men

MichelleSewage Brothers Resteze Urinal Recolours
LivRoland
MichelleDingoes Digs 2
CatherineTCJDYou can call me Joe
kuroineko05Shaggy Bob Hair for Men - *Fixed!*
SimmillerDouble Cat Tail Eyeliner for Males Teen through Elder
RayanStarSandtrap Bachelor Pad
TomoeKimNexan Jones
justJonesMetro Modern
marka93Tinseltown Sports Bar & Grill
lauratje86Ten "New Birth" Cards For Baby Boys For Use With MogHughson's Postal System
lidiqnata*AM Athletic outfits*
RTS4CCChest scars for FTM Sims
SleepyTabbyStache Blast REMIX
bonensjaak Pokémon t-shirts
aaTmaHiraMore Polo for Boys ~
SimmillerDefault Replacement Eyebrows for Males aged Teen through Elder
DeontaiH&M Men's Shirts Pack for Men (1)
VolvenomFern's Den
JustpetroThe Men's Club
DeontaiHigh Visibility Tradesmen Short Sleeve Shirt
MichelleTeen Male Pj's -10 Colours
gummiluttAll about men... with a twist
fakepeeps7Sorta Summery
fanseelambOne Plaid Shirt
lientebollemeisNew career: Plumbing
KarenLorraineTS2 Menswear
Hood Building GroupSedona - Mysterious Neighborhood/ Full of Unexpecting Things - No CC/BG Only (For Monthly Theme of August - All about men!)
DeontaiH&M Men's Shirts Pack for Men (2)
attunedCabin in the Woods

Those who haven't receive a sticker yet(not in the queue) - post here. If we made a mistake of some sort - comment here,so we can edit it. Happy simming!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 7:02 PM Last edited by Liv : 1st Sep 2015 at 7:14 PM.
Quote:
All things retail is the perfect theme for community lots,apartments

What a nice theme! Let's do it then! I've recently built a nice apartment building for my university graduates (I was in desperate need of new apartments) but since my neighbourhood terrain is too low and the building has underground parking spaces (=they got flooded), I haven't finished it yet. Now I feel motivated to do it

Nice summary I'm not surprised that maxis-themed months were the most popular among creators
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 9:07 PM
"Mixceny", please understand that we have personal lives that get in the way as well,so we cannot be moderating the site 24/7. We're simple humans too.
I can't look over your sim,since i am not going to be a proper moderator for that section,but please be a little more patient. We'll add you to the list once approved,since you uploaded in the queue before the end.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 1:23 AM
Would it be fine if I made over a community lot/business?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liv
What a nice theme! Let's do it then! I've recently built a nice apartment building for my university graduates (I was in desperate need of new apartments) but since my neighbourhood terrain is too low and the building has underground parking spaces (=they got flooded), I haven't finished it yet. Now I feel motivated to do it

Nice summary I'm not surprised that maxis-themed months were the most popular among creators

You can combine this with my Apartments & Roommates Fix mod and have a much better Apartment Lot experience!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 8:40 AM Last edited by Liv : 2nd Sep 2015 at 9:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by pjsutton
You can combine this with my Apartments & Roommates Fix mod and have a much better Apartment Lot experience!

If I played The Sims 3, I would definitely do it But, as you've mentioned this mod here, I hope that somebody who is not 'TS2 only' like me, will make use of it

MileyTheSimmer - why not? Personally I love seeing EAxis' lots makeovers - they are so inspiring!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 10:08 AM
I agree with Liv,made-over business lots fit the theme
Theorist
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 4:33 PM
This sounds sort of fun. Will have to come up with something for this theme.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 6:26 PM
I'm thoroughly enjoying these themes - and I seem to be collecting the Achievement stickers. Time to come up with an idea for Retail - don't want to miss out on a sticker now, do I?! :-D
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 2:11 AM
I shall submit an invisible shopping mall. I win.
Banned
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittenhugger
I shall submit an invisible shopping mall. I win.

NEEDS IMPROVEMENT: Um, you've just submitted nothing.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 10:50 PM
Awww, now I wish I would have waited to release my Seed Packet Display. I'm guessing that since I uploaded it before this month started, I don't qualify?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 6:28 AM Last edited by lidiqnata : 4th Sep 2015 at 9:25 AM.
Yes "Menaceman44",you must upload after the first of the month and before it's end to set a sticker. Try doing something else to take part

To all participants: Read carefully what search tag to add and unless you're 100% sure how to write it,copy and paste it or we may never find out that you participated with a wrong tag!
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
NEEDS IMPROVEMENT: Um, you've just submitted nothing.

I was kidding, silly willy!
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 1:50 PM Last edited by panthergirl3 : 6th Sep 2015 at 2:02 PM.
This looks like everything from last month is for the sims 2 is that correct?
I looked at two items and the file name had the sims 2 in it.
I think that means they are for the sims2, anything for the other sims.

I think a better question is how can I tell which version of the sims they were created for, usually they are categorized but the list for August is not?

Thanks
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#16 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 3:28 PM
The entries were categorised for July because we had so many for that theme. There were not so many uploads for the other themes so it was not necessary to categorise them. This time around most of the entries were for TS2 and TS4. If you click on the link it will link you to the item where it is clear what game it was created for.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 8:45 PM
Karen is right We'll categorize them for this month,but for last it was not that necessary
Theorist
#18 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 12:41 AM
Quote:
All things retail is the perfect theme for community lots,apartments,careers,uniforms,foods,hotels and last,but not least - home business.

I'm sorry, it has gotten the better of me and I have to ask...What do apartments and hotels have to do with retail?

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 6:46 PM
All things retail concentrate on all kinds of business - thus why hotels are included,they can have shops. Apartment buildings have landlords and renting and buying are parts of it. We're aiming to encourage creativity and hoping with all the freedom given to make you feel at ease with the themes
Theorist
#20 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 9:47 AM
So the "theme" is actually all things business not retail, it's a little confusing as retail is the sale of small quantities of goods to consumers. That's great because I would love to see more people participate and get stickers. Maybe some of the people who have already uploaded this month could be encouraged to add 'themeretail' to their tags.

Some examples, just from Sims 2:
ispendtoomuchtimeonthis' suits could be included as businessmen wear suits.
PicnikSky's & xmathyx's hair...they keep hairdressers and barbers in business.
lientebollemeis' plumbing career...plumbing is a money making business.
dharden's t-shirts...t-shirts get sold in shops.
Artemida's hats...hats are sold in shops and worn by employees.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 9:54 AM
You're right,except that not every member wants to take part to our themes and we cannot poke each and every creator to add themeretail tag
Only those who are interested take part and since the start of the themes - I'd say that a lot of new creators and members started participating
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 4:16 AM
Hi- my download was uploaded August 31 and approved Sept. 5. I hope it qualifies for the August theme. Here it is: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=563541 Thanks!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 5:04 AM
Apartments can also have an NPC run business if you use MogHughson's mod Apartments and Shopping on the same lot http://modthesims.info/d/352602 I have one that uses that on here.

I really don't have much time right now, would a small lot that I built for Loaf's building challenge be okay? It's only a small grocery store, nothing special.

There were a few lots from Loaf's contest, not even sure where they are now. It was one of the rounds that we had to be cc free and on a tiny lot. I have a nicer larger cafe from that contest but it was jammed packed full of decorating cc.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 12:07 PM
attuned Thank you for the info - adding you right away!
joandsarah77 The size does not matter - even the smallest contribution related to the theme qualifies
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 6:07 AM
so by what timezone is the cutoff date based on?
Page 1 of 2