Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:14 AM
Default A question about hoods
I just fired up TS1 and wanted to take a look at the families. I liked the "new" (lol) ones that never made it to TS2. But in hood1 there's no Mashuga family, and in hood 2 you can't move in "the Roomies", they do not exist.

Is there a way to combine them into one hood?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:34 PM
I'm not aware of one. The simplest thing would be to recreate the Mashugas and their appalling house in Hood1 or the Roomies in Hood 2. It's just a matter of matching heads and personalities.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 12:20 AM
You could actually replace character and lot files in any neighborhood you want, but recreating the characters is just as easy.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 7:21 AM
OK I think I'll recreate the roomies.

What about houses, can I pack them and move from one hood to another? I like one house in hood 1 that isn't present in hood 2
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 10:34 AM
No, but you can copy the lot number file (C:/Program Files/Maxis/The Sims/UserData2/ then lot #) and put it in the neighborhood you want. It will replace whatever was in that lot in Neighborhood 1. My personal preference is to not mess with Neighborhood 1 or 2, but to use them as templates and copy them into 3 & 4 and play in 3 and 4. That way, if I ever want a house from the original hoods, I have them on file. I suppose an easier way to do this would be to simply copy the lot file folders for Neighborhoods 1 and 2 and to save them somewhere else on my computer.

I wonder why I never thought of that before? Maybe because I really love the game fresh from the package complete with the family Sims ready to begin their bizarre lives.

The weird thing is, after a fresh install/reinstall, if I copy the neighborhoods without first playing a little and saving the game in each house, not all the houses copy to the next neighborhood. I don't know why that is. So, I go into each home and do something minor, that doesn't really change what happens next and then save. After I've done that for each lot in Neighborhood 1 & 2, I copy them and rename the copies Neighborhood 3 & 4.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 8:28 PM
The easy way is to get this program and use it to move any of your families over to any hood.
http://www.elandnews.com/elisims/