Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 5:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default Ultimate Collection - hanging up when loading family
So, I was just able to secure the TS2 Ultimate Collection, thanks to some advice I read on a thread on the official forum! I was excited since I have not played this since TS3 came out, and I had never purchased the last 3 EPs.

It downloaded and installed fine. First issue? Horrible graphics. I used the Graphics Rule Maker and that problem has thankfully been solved!

Now, I remembered that when I got a new computer, I transferred all of my TS2 save files to my new one. So, I replaced the newly-created files in My Documents\EA Games\TS2 Ultimate Collection with my previous stuff. Loaded it up. Neighborhood comes up just fine. I click on one household, it loads fine. I go back to the neighborhood to try to load the house of the parents of the house I just loaded up - it's a substantially larger lot. The loading screen comes up and the colors go all the way through from left to right and then it just sits there, playing the music and spinning the hourglass. It's been over 20 minutes so far.

Is it frozen? Does it really take this long to load? I tried removing my CC (which was all just downloaded from the TS2 site back in the day), but it still seems to do the same thing.

Any ideas on how to proceed?? I did delete caches and still the same result. Could it really just take that long to load?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 5:38 PM
It's frozen. Try using Mootilda's HoodChecker to clean out any corruption first. If you're still having problems, turn on testing cheats (boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true) and you'll get an error while loading the lot, which will give you a clue as to the cause of the problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
It's frozen. Try using Mootilda's HoodChecker to clean out any corruption first. If you're still having problems, turn on testing cheats (boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true) and you'll get an error while loading the lot, which will give you a clue as to the cause of the problem.

Yes! I did both of those, it found a whole bunch of memory errors and then also when it loaded up some fog emitter object which must have been messing it up - I chose Delete and it loaded! Thanks!