Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 1:31 AM Last edited by AndresDashie : 23rd Sep 2017 at 5:12 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TS2 Ultimate Collection - Godawful lag
Hello, guys

Today I downloaded The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin. Sadly, there is a terrible lag when you rotate the camera, when you move the camera across your house, and when you zoom out to see the whole house. The only moment where there is no lag is when you leave the camera still, and when you turn your back on the house.

I already tried:

-Graphic settings to "off" and "low".
-Retrocompatibility to Windows Vista.
-Removed SecuROM and added the NoCD-file to prevent it from coming back.
-Affinity to 1 core (I also added the "-w -CPUCount:1" in the shortcut target).
-Defragmented the hard drive.
-Cleaned up disc space.
-Uninstalled, downloaded and installed the game again.
-Ran Razer Cortex: Game Booster.

Nothing of this worked, for the lag is still there. What else can I try to fix it? There's 69.6 GB available out of 116 GB on my computer. TS2 UC is the only game installed on the system and the heaviest programs apart from it are Origin (329 MB) and Google Chrome (321 MB). There's also 500 MB of memes and 500 MB of university files, and that's pretty much it. I basically cleaned up everything for TS2 UC but it's still not working properly.

I attached my computer's specifications down below.

Thank you very much for your help. (please help me)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 11:55 AM
What a fixed graphicsrules file in for starters, at least then you'll have all the options available to you that might fix things: https://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedi...patibility-with

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.