Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows 10
So I've had the UC since it was originally given out for free and I never had issues in terms of running it. I used Windows 7 and continued to use it until just recently when I finally moved on to Windows 10. I feel like it might be an issue with Windows 10, because I am using the same system that I had when I originally played it with little to no lag, plus this system runs The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 on high settings without issue. Is there an issue with running the UC on Windows 10? And if so, does anyone know of any way to fix the lag issue? Because atm it lags to the point of being nearly unplayable.

EDIT: Also, I've tried things like running it without custom content and uninstalling and then reinstalling.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:45 PM
Have you applied the 4gbt patch? http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php When it applies it only takes a second.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:46 PM
I didn't even know that was a thing. Thaaaaaank you! I'll try it right now.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:49 PM
Also are your graphics rules set up?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:04 PM
I'm not 100% sure what that means gdayars
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:12 PM
in your program files, there are graphicsrules.sgr and if they aren't set up right, it can cause problems. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21 tells what to do It has several threads in the forum.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:20 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
in your program files, there are graphicsrules.sgr and if they aren't set up right, it can cause problems. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21 tells what to do It has several threads in the forum.

Hey, the 4GB thing didn't stop the lag, so I was going to try this out. I'm not really sure where I'm supposed to be going on this forum though.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:00 AM
since you have Windows 10, I would suggest you look at the stickied threads in that forum for windows 10 specifically, such as http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6881 for graphics rules help for UC and windows 10
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:07 AM
You might try turning off some programs in task manager such as Origin and Steam.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You might try turning off some programs in task manager such as Origin and Steam.

Thank you. I'll try that
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:51 PM
It might be Securom which causes lag with Win10. It's reported that the latest patch for the UC via Origin removes it effectively (make sure you back everything up before you apply it though - just in case - Downloads and saved games). Any patches you have applied like the 4GB patch and graphicrules will have to be reapplied afterwards (since patching resets everything). There's also a page about this over at Leefish: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6688 though please don't discuss this particular issue here since it's not allowed.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:59 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 10:30 PM
So I tried the methods suggested in this thread and unfortunately none of them worked. I decided to try uninstalling the UC and reinstalled my physical copy of just the base game that I own. Now I seem to be running into a new problem! I've been trying to patch the game now that I've installed it, but every single time I attempt to patch it, the updater crashes. Is this another issue with Windows 10? If so, is there anyway around it in order to successfully patch my game?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 10:44 PM
How are you trying to patch it? Are you using a file exe or trying to get the game to patch automatically? You can get all the patches, btw, from the wiki for this site. I had to get them when I installed the game on this (Win10) machine because even though I had copies of the files, they didn't work properly.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
How are you trying to patch it? Are you using a file exe or trying to get the game to patch automatically? You can get all the patches, btw, from the wiki for this site. I had to get them when I installed the game on this (Win10) machine because even though I had copies of the files, they didn't work properly.

I'm using the exe's from this site to attempt to patch it. I'll run the patch, it'll do it's thing, and then right at the end the updater will crash.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 4:54 AM
The UC comes fully patched - there is no need to patch anything - @Noeh; @maxon. If you are trying to use the patches for the disks, that is not going to work/

The UC has only one executive and runs on the M&G engine. I would guess trying to use the patches for the disks would crash the game, because it will try to patch executives that are not there?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
The UC comes fully patched - there is no need to patch anything - @Noeh; @maxon. If you are trying to use the patches for the disks, that is not going to work/

The UC has only one executive and runs on the M&G engine. I would guess trying to use the patches for the disks would crash the game, because it will try to patch executives that are not there?

I'm not trying to run any patches at all atm - I ran them on my disc game quite some time ago - and if you have the disk version, you can patch it with the patches from here. But you're right - the OP says they have UC and therefore don't need to patch. And that doesn't include the 4BG patch Jo mentioned - that's useful even with a UC game I think.

OP your problem is likely Securom - have a look at the link I provided upthread.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:13 PM
See whether there's something here that can help:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=598280

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#20 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:40 PM
@maxon - I did not actually mean you personally, knowing that you use disks and would have patched them long ago - more mentioned you because I wondered if the OP trying to use the patches from Wiki (as she says) is actually crashing her game because of that.

The 4GB patch is indeed useful with UC, I can testify to that.

I agree, the follow the link maxon provided, @Noeh - read everything carefully. Also look at the thread @smorbie1 posted if that does not help.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 9:28 PM
I was trying to use the patch because I uninstalled the UC and installed the base game bc I keep a physical copy of the base game in case I ever need it. So I was trying to patch the base game, not the UC.