Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 3:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Blue thumbnails in wallpaper - siding?
Two maxis sidings both named "Advanced Clapboards with Right Accent by Better Walls" always show with a blue thumbnail (shown in pic). Ctrl+right click to refresh the thumbnails works but it always reverts back. The walls also look perfectly fine in game. Is this anything to worry about?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 12:16 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 1st Feb 2018 at 3:24 AM.
I have that issue on my Sims 2 game as well. It must be some bug in those wallpapers that Maxis never fixed.

EDIT: I stand corrected, see post below.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
I have that issue on my Sims 2 game as well. It must be some bug in those wallpapers that Maxis never fixed.

If it was the case we would all have seen this
I just launched my game and every wall shows up fine.

You guys should take a look at the size of your thumbnails.packages files found inside your Thumbnails folder, inside your The Sims 2 folder.
There are 5 of them, and they can all be safely deleted. The game will create new ones when needed. Big size file thumbnails are known to cause this.
Refreshing them in game will give a temporary fix, but deleting them in your folder will make it much more permanent...until they get re-created and grow up in file size again
Take note that when you do delete them, the game will take more time to load everything, the first time you play, as it must rebuild all thumbnails.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 12:33 PM
That is a fault in M&G's 'pre-made' thumbnails, its just the file named BuildModeThumbnails.package that you need to delete and let the game re-build.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 11:27 PM
I had the same problem in my game. I forced the game to update the thumbnail by Shift + right-clicking on the thumbnail in Build Mode.
Alchemist
#6 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:18 AM Last edited by mdsb759 : 1st Feb 2018 at 7:43 PM.
deleting thumbnail files is another way (when out of game) to refresh thumbnails. in folder named Thumbnails.
the file for walls/floors I think is named "BuildModeThumbnails".
Scholar
#7 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 3:23 AM
You know, after checking for those specific panels again, it appears it was showing up correctly because of a BAT file I created to delete unncessary thumbnail files and junk in the My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder.

Even though I remember experiencing those thumbnail errors in the catalog, since I don't use those clapboards enough to notice it when playing, I guess I assumed it was an error that was normal in the game and not part of an error within those thumbnail files (because they get deleted every time I start up the game).

Sorry about the misinformation. Post above duly crossed out.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!