Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 4:06 PM Last edited by ShadowMT13 : 21st Oct 2018 at 5:13 PM.
Default How many folders in can you go with your Sims 4 Mods folder? (Solved)
Just a simple question, I can't seem to remember how many folders in you can go with your mods. I think it was like Mods Folder>First Folder>Second Folder (2 Folders). Can someone please just give me a simple answer? I do not need a huge explanation just a quick answer to how many folders in you can go since I like to keep my CC and Mods sorted. Thanks.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 4:57 PM
For script mods? only 1 subfolder deep, otherwise the game can't read the file
for an example: Mods/subfolder is fine but Mods/subfolder/second_subfolder is too deep

you can also download an edited Resources.cfg file, to allow longer paths then the default (Coolspear has one)

for cc I'm not sure.. I have it in only 1 subfolder deep as well, but I think you can go deeper.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
For script mods? only 1 subfolder deep, otherwise the game can't read the file
for an example: Mods/subfolder is fine but Mods/subfolder/second_subfolder is too deep

you can also download an edited Resources.cfg file, to allow longer paths then the default (Coolspear has one)

for cc I'm not sure.. I have it in only 1 subfolder deep as well, but I think you can go deeper.

Okay thank you. My script mods are only one folder deep (Mods Folder>Script Mods) and my CC folders are two deep, trying to do three deep to see if it will work. I appreciate the the reply!