Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:16 PM
Default What Would Your Aspiration Be If You Were A Sim?
for me it'd be family and i think thats because whenever i hear someone doesn't like kids i just end up being like "oh but why! babies are cute! you can never have enough kids..."

and i'm not sure if i'd have room for a secondary aspiration because i'm so much of a family sim but i'd pick knowledge or pleasure.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:28 PM
Seeking Knowledge. I kinda lack off interest, probably due to the school's education system killing it. I'm kinda clueless on the most part and I really wanna learn as much as possible. I did in the past wish to be, so to speak, being a Pleasure/Popularity type of wanting guy because I really hated myself for being too introverted/anti-social "freak", but I'm starting to accept that fact on whom I am and I really can't change that I'm not so good at being charismatic (If I have any).

BTW great thread you thought off.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:38 PM
yeah i'm surprised this thread doesn't already exist.

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:44 PM
I'm a bit torn between Knowledge (which is probably the most likely) and Romance, which I think I'd really rather like to be. In Real Life I've never had a proper relationship, a first kiss or even a flirt, but maybe I can overcome all that as a Sim, and be at the heart of one of those polyamorous groups where everybody loves everybody else. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone or break up their relationships, but, when I see how happy my Sims can look in another Sim's arms, I'm sometimes just a little bit envious.

[EDIT] There have been previous threads like this, but they were a few years ago.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:47 PM
Family. I'm 43, have 4 children, and would gladly have more.
To me, babies are like sushi. You can never have too many.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:49 PM
i agree FAMILY FOR LIFE!

i wonder if anyone here is grilled cheese?

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:59 PM
Knowledge/Family. My family is very important to me, but I have no desire for 10 kids. (I have two, for the record, and that's probably enough.)
Scholar
#8 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:08 AM Last edited by Florentzina : 11th Feb 2018 at 1:09 AM.
A-/Demi-Sexual so Romance is the least related one to me.
At least how I feel about my sexual orientation, Almost 29, the first and last encounter was a decade ago and a "puppy love" a few years ago. or how I like to joke about it: Being together with someone more than friends is fine as I develope crushes, but without the WOOHOO-part, so the date pool would be rather slim. I'm not into marriage life, so I can't say a person who wait with woohoo after marriage is ideal exactly either.

Agoraphobic so I prefer family time over heaps of friends of a Popularity Sim. I dont do parties nor date but I do outing with family and closer relatives.
Having a Asperger syndrome and it seems impossible without having a panic attack to have a "normal" job. Like money but not desperate for it, as I long I live a decent life and do fun things once in a while, I don't need luxury stuff, So Fortune is also unlikely.
Grilled Cheese? Ermmm I love Cheese based food (Omelette, Tomato sauce and Pasta with Cheese), but not much into sandwiches.... so nope.

I can relate myself most to Knowledge and Pleasure. Learn new things and enjoy family/relative and leisure life without having kids or dating (so Im 100% I'm not family type and apart from dating, pleasure is closer related to me than popularity/fortune).

Scholar
#9 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:57 AM
Knowledge and Grilled Cheese. I am a perpetual student, after all.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
A-/Demi-Sexual so Romance is the least related one to me.

I am concerned... I am a demisexual as well and my main aspiration would be Knowledge, and my secondary would be Romance. Well, I probably should not worry. If only the game would not sum up romance as practically 'WooHoo with 20 different sims'

My sims are usually Family ones... I wonder why. I have decided a long, long time ago that I will never have children. Makes one think.
Scholar
#11 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:05 AM
Actually I'm the same with family Sims. I breed them like crazy in game but hearing a baby cry in real life gives me panic attack. When I was a kid I often told my parents I wanted children just to lock them in the bathroom when they are badly behaved... But even now I still never want to have kids despite loving Sims 2 genetics.

Well, as far as Romance goes. I will associate that aspiration with "flirt, woohoo, flirt cheat, woohoo" route or the open relationship: "Woohoo buddy".
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:12 AM
I've always said knowledge/family. I actually *have* six kids. The youngest is snoozing on my lap right now!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234

It does, but for some reason it doesn't come up in the search:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=583262&page=1

I'd be Knowledge/Pleasure, I believe.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 3:57 AM
Since there's no Creativity aspiration (a gross oversight on Eaxis' part), I guess I'd say Knowledge.

I wish I was Fortune...maybe I'd be able to pay off those damn student loans, then.
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 4:53 AM
Knowledge/Pleasure absolutely. I can be euphoric just by changing into my pajamas!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 4:55 AM
100% Knowledge here, and naturally I've always had a soft spot for Knowledge sims. If I had a secondary aspiration, it'd have to be Popularity, which is a little weird because I'm such an introvert. Nonetheless, most of the key things I've achieved in life are through building positive relationships with people in my community. It's important!
Forum Resident
#17 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:11 AM Last edited by kanzen : 12th Feb 2018 at 10:11 AM.
Fortune - I went to private school, got a 4 year scholarship in university and graduated with honors but despite all that I already had multiple breakdowns IRL due to not making enough money to make ends meet. Since the pay for my field is more often than not, a joke, I'm running my own business right now. I'd want to marry a rich guy to make life a little bit easier but maybe that's not the best solution. I want to make it by my own power.

Hopefully my sim counterpart has a better life than me so she won't have to give up her dreams just to survive.

Secondary would be Grilled Cheese. I'm Fortune first and foremost, so I'm insanely thrifty. What better way to cheer yourself up with the delicious, crunchy, cheesy, sumptuous grilled cheese? It won't hurt anyone's pocket. Old bread and weeks old cheese can taste decent when you grill it. Just make sure they're not moldy.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:47 AM
This is an interesting thread, for sure. I think I'm most likely a Knowledge/Family aspiration, as I feel utterly useless and directionless if I'm not educating myself in some way. I'm a ravenous reader and plow through books like crazy, love to learn the ins-and-outs of all kinds of things, and love to create, most of all, my own work. Whether it's writing, traditional art, acting, music, or cooking, I love learning and being able to apply that knowledge to the physical world. Beyond that, I have a fervent desire to pursue and strengthen my relationship with my partner and solidify our future together so I can raise the healthy, happy family I never had as a child. Abusive parents suck! Learn to communicate in a healthy way with your children and save them a lot of heartache and pain in their futures from trying to fill that void where parental love and support should be with just about anything else. (Also why my career is in childcare and sociology.)

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:01 AM
I'd likely be a Knowledge as well, I like to learn and experiment and whatnot. Secondary, I really don't know.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Instructor
#20 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:15 AM
Laziness With Second Inspiration For "playing Sims"

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'm a bit torn between Knowledge (which is probably the most likely) and Romance, which I think I'd really rather like to be. In Real Life I've never had a proper relationship, a first kiss or even a flirt, but maybe I can overcome all that as a Sim, and be at the heart of one of those polyamorous groups where everybody loves everybody else. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone or break up their relationships, but, when I see how happy my Sims can look in another Sim's arms, I'm sometimes just a little bit envious.

[EDIT] There have been previous threads like this, but they were a few years ago.

With Freetime you can have both.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 11:48 AM
I would be Knowledge/Pleasure.

I love learning new things and would definitely have a Knowledge primary.

I don't want children (though I do hope to marry my current partner), so not Family. I have little interest in earning lots of money and as I am Autistic and have mental health issues I don't really want to get promoted at work as I wouldn't be able to cope with the increased working hours and pressure, so not Fortune. I don't like parties and I only have a few friends, so not Popularity. I am quite happy in a monogamous relationship with my current partner, so not Romance. Pleasure works well for me - I like going on dates/spending time with my partner, I like going on outings to museums and Kew Gardens and nature reserves with my family and friends and I enjoy going out for meals. Plus I love spending time at home in my pyjamas playing computer games!

So yes, definitely Knowledge/Pleasure!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234

It does - several times over.

I'll say it again though: Knowledge with the non-existent Creativity secondary or Creativity with secondary Knowledge depending on what I am mostly doing at the time.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#24 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:24 PM
Family/Knowledge for me! I love kids and I'm a pretty good student with good grades - though, @maxon, I am with you on the creativity thing and would def choose that as my secondary instead of knowledge!
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:46 PM
we could do a poll on this.

My Tumblr
Page 1 of 3