Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 9:24 PM
Default What expansion packs make Sims 4 Fun?
I am getting into sims 4, but was trying to decide on my next expansion pack. I got cats and dogs but was wondering what is your favorite?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 10:15 PM
Seasons is by far the best one! It will change the atmosphere and way you approach gameplay in almost every aspect. You actually get a sense of time passing. Customizable holidays and the calendar in general are stellar additions. Get Famous is another fun one that actually includes a lot of personality-improving aspects when you get to build up your celebrity and earn quirks. I was surprised at how much fun this pack ended up being versus how disappointing it looked watching other people's game pictures and videos. There are many ways to improve fame and give the sense of uniqueness from Get Famous to each of your characters.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 10:38 PM
None of them make the Sims 4 fun! People only play the sims 4 all day long because because they want to make themselves miserable and get bored sticking needles in their eyes.
Maybe Get to work. Yeah, I like the scientist career.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 10:49 PM
Seasons is a must if you don't have it (IMO). The endless summer without it is boring. Plus you can plan events ahead of time , like having the wedding planned for already days advanced rather than planning and doing it all in one day
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 6:48 AM
Seasons for the passage of time, plus the calendar is a really nice function to have for event planning and I love that you can see birthdays ahead of time. And Get Together for clubs, because it's nice to have for bringing extended families together and it's also a good way to control NPC behavior on community lots.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 11:28 AM
Seasons as an EP and maybe get to work... get to work is fun if you are into the active careers and some fun additions or just want a retail system or are interested in sim aliens. But Seasons definitely! It adds a lot of family activities that Sims 4 desperately needs but it also adds a lot of normal but gameplay-interesting hobbies that, again, sims 4 needs.

From the gamepack department, parenthood is one that I enjoyed a lot because it just fleshes out the ages that aren't just young adult/adult but it also adds the adult factor in by making adults affect the way the ages develop... also there's a lot of special interactions that corelate with emotions directly so the emotions actually start to make sense with this pack.
The other two gamepacks I'd recommend are dine out and vampires.
Dine out is the only pack that actually made me enjoy the challenge because sims 4 is not really a challenging game, and it's a really nice thing to go and start your own restaurant once in a while when you get bored from the normal gameplay. It's not a thing you'd be doing all the time, it's more of a thing that you do once and then return to it after a long period of time but it's nice to even have restaurants in the game not only to own but to visit with your sims as well... plus huge custom menus with main dish dessert and drinks is the best thing to ever happen to a sims game. Really well done pack.
Vampires are also a really well done pack and if you love the simulation of supernatural species in your sims games this one is a must because it's just so detailed and allows for creation of unique vampire sims acqured trough gameplay with the sim themselves. And it's also nicely challenge balanced. But again it's niche and thus not really favorable unless you are really into this stuff.

As you can see, I enjoy gamepacks much more than expansion packs. The truth is, before seasons, EPs aren't that great. Mostly because the gamepack team was stronger at that time and then EP team changed somewhere around the seasons to boost the quality of expansion packs. That's why Seasons and Get Famous are one of the strongest expansions for the game.

Ofc it all depends on you and what you find interesting, for me for example, city living is the weakest expansion because it barely adds anything except the weird world that usually lags and gimmicks like lot traits or short food festivals, but someone might find it really interesting and it might suit their playstyle so, for that I'd say it would be enough for that person to buy it. Really you should inform yourself on each pack you are interested in buying via reviews or previews, and then decide if you really want to get it.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 3:44 PM
Seasons in my opinion. I love the weather changes and the calendar was a nice function.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 5:09 PM
Get together clubs for me.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Smeg Head
#9 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:40 PM
The real question is, the comparison to how much fun were they when initially released, to how much fun they are now since Maxis patches have broken elements in practically all of them. Still going unfixed for ages. Here's a good test. Look on Origin to see which packs you might fancy. Take note of the features Origin hype as being the specialities of the pack that might lure you to spend your money on them. Then before you commit to purchase, come back here and ask just how many of them are working as advertised, and we'll do our best to set you straight. You'll get to the truth about "fun" in the end.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#10 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 5:00 PM
Welp I will say this thread was helpful in pushing me to get seasons today. I was leaning toward City Living, but heard more about bug than people having "fun" I may go back for it since its 50% (I dont like pets lol) but yes the passage of time and a general sense of "events" that aren't happy hour related sounds nice.