Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#151 Old 15th May 2018 at 7:11 PM
So glad you could join us @fireflys_locket!
My issues started sooner than you guys I think. Back at the end of November 2017 I started noticing my game acting stranger than normal (assumed it was old save game weirdness) when I came back from a holiday at the end of January I started to build a completely clean hood, and I think it was sometime in February that I started to notice the saving issues and the graphic glitches started to appear. I'm still planning on updating my bios like @gdayars had suggested, just haven't gotten around to it yet! Sorry about that, I'll definitely let you know when I do though.
@simsample With the new Windows update my game actually improved a small bit, and I thought rolling back the card driver would fix it the rest of the way. Driver from November brought back the original issue, after updating to that most recent April update (18.4.1), the problem persisted. I had to roll back the driver to 18.2.1.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 15th May 2018 at 8:04 PM
@Loving-Em, the problem showed up in April for me because that's when I got the new computer. I honestly have no idea when that driver update started going out. I just remember approximately when I installed it. Which was within days of getting the new computer started up. It might've been a driver from November, for all I know. I wish I had paid better attention to what the update actually said. But we'll keep working at it!

@simsample, I haven't tried getting any new driver updates because my game is working okay right now. Though, it sounds like what I've done is only a temporary fix. Also, I'm on Windows 7, so I don't know if the Windows 10 update has anything to do with my problems starting.
Instructor
#153 Old 16th May 2018 at 1:47 AM
Well, I'm still having problems with my game getting to 4096gb in the log. I followed the directions to the letter for the 4gb patch, but still does not work. I did all the rest of the tutorial jenna put up. Don't know what I'm missing. My log says only 2096. I have 8gb of memory, and my standby is now very low after tweaking it. Anyone else can suggest why the 4gb patch does not work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#154 Old 16th May 2018 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
Well, I'm still having problems with my game getting to 4096gb in the log. I followed the directions to the letter for the 4gb patch, but still does not work. I did all the rest of the tutorial jenna put up. Don't know what I'm missing. My log says only 2096. I have 8gb of memory, and my standby is now very low after tweaking it. Anyone else can suggest why the 4gb patch does not work?

Remove any compatibilty options you may have on the exe you are trying to update with the patch.

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Instructor
#155 Old 16th May 2018 at 3:03 AM
@TheJessaChannel I already had no compatibility checked. I just tried playing it, and when I went to click on an item, it crashed. I tried running Clean Installer to see if there's anything there, but nothing shows up. This is surely frustrating.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#156 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:02 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 16th May 2018 at 4:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Just to check, do you all have the latest graphics drivers? AMD released a new set at the end of April specifically because of the Win 10 updates.

No update helped, my troubles only started after I updated in April, it was an update that broke my game. I think the reason may be connected to the fact that us 3 are on Win 7 not win 10.

Anyone else who has smooth edges set to on in settings but still looks off in game (jagged lines) try boolProp enumerateMultisampleLevels true in your startup cheat file. This didn't help me but it might help you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#157 Old 16th May 2018 at 5:23 AM
@TheJessaChannel I already had no compatibility checked. I just tried playing it, and when I went to click on an item, it crashed. I tried running Clean Installer to see if there's anything there, but nothing shows up. This is surely frustrating.

Try moving the .exe to the desktop, then apply the patch. Then replace it to the original location.

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

Instructor
#158 Old 16th May 2018 at 5:48 AM
@TheJessChannel Is it right that it created a backup file on my desktop after I applied the patch? Do I move that back?
Instructor
#159 Old 16th May 2018 at 6:16 AM
I moved the original exe file back, That did not work either.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#160 Old 17th May 2018 at 2:35 PM
Are you running the UC with one of the two last updates from Origin installed? (after the Origin is required update) There seems to be a problem with it. It doesn't always seem to allow for it to be changed. It MIGHT work if you use the desktop shortcut instead of origin itself as while helping someone else, we discovered that the game being started from Origin, doesn't apply all the changes done to the exe/shortcut.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#161 Old 17th May 2018 at 11:01 PM
I moved the original exe file back, That did not work either.

The last thing you can try is the more flexible .exe I posted a link to in the second post. Download that, apply the 4gb patch to it.

Instructor
#162 Old 18th May 2018 at 2:46 AM
@gdayars I do not have UC, I have CD's
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#163 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:15 PM
Do you have compatibility set on it? @suzymarie64
Instructor
#164 Old 19th May 2018 at 6:14 AM
@gdayars Sorry for delay in getting back, no compatibility set, I started taking out content out of my download folder from recently added. Now it seems to be ok, so, now my question is this.... Is there a limit? I had a crappier computer before this one that ran on Windows Vista with only 4GB of memory and I had way more downloads. But I also had a better graphic card on the Vista than I do now on my Dell. Does the graphic card make a difference in how much my game will handle? It doesn't make sense to me. My Dell has 8GB of memory and an Intel Chipset. But like I said, it's running again, but if I add more stuff, it will crash again. Even if it's something different from what I took out. Sorry, it's hard to explain. It could be a bad download, but Delphys or Clean Installer is not helping me find that out. I really wish there was some type of program to diagnose these issues with downloads and program stability.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#165 Old 19th May 2018 at 3:15 PM
I just worked with someone that had an intel. It took some doing but we finally solved all her issues. Can you pm me later? I am headed to work. @suzymarie64

@joandsarah77 @Lovin-Em somebody named rambling tree over at leefish posted this...https://techraptor.net/content/amd-...ome-older-games
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#166 Old 19th May 2018 at 10:59 PM
Thanks, I am reading.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#167 Old 21st May 2018 at 12:48 AM
Haha, yeah that was me, got names all over the place. Wasn't sure if that was applicable to our current issue, but certainly seems related...
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#168 Old 21st May 2018 at 4:01 AM
How funny! :D

oh well, I think that is a component, I just have a feeling that there is more than one component to it. I suspect there were windows updates, and then the graphics updates as well, and they interacted funny with the game. But it is a hunch, not a provable thing right now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#169 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:49 AM
Well, I got my new Nvidea card yesterday and my saving issue is fixed! So it is most definitely the Radeon card's fault. I still have graphic rules and a couple of other things to do since those have been wiped.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#170 Old 25th May 2018 at 6:45 AM Last edited by croiduire : 25th May 2018 at 8:53 AM.
I have reached the Urban Dictionary's definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Despite a ridiculous number of attempts, I can not get the 4GB patch to apply. I have tried with the original exe and the flexible one from leefish, pasting it into the TS and CSBins. If I disable compatibility options entirely it automatically reverts to Windows XP (Service Pack3), so I have it set for Windows 7. I am using a Toshiba Satellite C55-B running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. It has an Intel i3-3217U CPU @1.80GHz with 8.00 GB installed memory and a 64-bit OS.

I am rereading this entire thread (for the third time) and realised I have not yet tried this suggestion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duderocks Hi @TheJessaChannel, I tried your fix for the 4GB patch, and it turns out that simply disabling any and all compatibility settings will fix the issue. I had to move my M&G exe to TSBin to get SimPE to recognize M&G properly and I was able to utilize the 4GB once I reverted my compatibility settings to defaults. Conversely, enabling said settings + moving to CSBin disables the 4GB fix.

I will try that next, but I must say, I'm at my wits' end.

Edit: Nope, with nope sauce. I am still stuck at a single GB.
Test Subject
#171 Old 25th May 2018 at 11:56 PM
Quote:
Well, I got my new Nvidea card yesterday and my saving issue is fixed! So it is most definitely the Radeon card's fault. I still have graphic rules and a couple of other things to do since those have been wiped.

Well at least we know that! I'm still hoping to fix it instead of having to get a new card... but it's looking less and less likely... and I have no idea what to do at this point anyway...
I'm going to have to go shopping aren't I?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#172 Old 27th May 2018 at 4:16 AM
@croiduire did you happen to right click and run as admin?

not sure it will help, but it won't hurt? and a windows 7 compatibility should work anyway because the compatibility problem only applies if you run the fix for a time preceding the fix and it exists in 7.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#173 Old 27th May 2018 at 5:04 AM
Well, it looks like my game is fixed!! I won't say it's 100% until I put my backup back in, load and save it but everything looks to be working now, saving, 4 GB patch and graphics rules. Thank you to everyone who had input on the issues, together we can really help each other out, even if its simply finding others with the same problem.

I am having to run it from the CSBin and right click run as administrator but that's a small thing.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#174 Old 27th May 2018 at 5:22 AM Last edited by croiduire : 6th Jun 2018 at 8:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
@croiduire did you happen to right click and run as admin?

not sure it will help, but it won't hurt? and a windows 7 compatibility should work anyway because the compatibility problem only applies if you run the fix for a time preceding the fix and it exists in 7.

Yes. I have it set up to automatically run as administrator, actually, ever since installing my game on Windows 7 (it wouldn't save properly otherwise), but I did so manually whilst testing.

Edit: Does anyone have any more ideas for me? Today's crash:
Extra Exception Data:
Shutdown: 0
HostName: [redacted]
MemoryUsage: 1160340K

Meanwhile, my config-log-text continues to show only 1024MB.
Test Subject
#175 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 8:06 PM
I followed this video and now my game says its no longer installed.
Page 7 of 15