Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 12:39 PM Last edited by patul : 5th Aug 2009 at 7:06 AM.
Default TS3 Nine livable levels (illusion) (updated to 15 levels)
TS3 Nine livable levels illusion

You can build livable 9 levels look Sims houses.
1 - build your base at maximum (5) level.
2 - on top : tile an area
3 - on level bottom tile along the wall (not mandatory but avoid further issues)
4 - each bottom level : break 1 wall

5 - elevate the ground to the maximum with the large brush
6 - starting under your tiling flatten the top. ( possible bug : may be some tiles stay at street level, use the brush , they overtake the other)
7 - delete you top tiling
8 - place as many column you need to have a tiled level above ground top

9 - build wall around. At this point you can add the 3 remaining levels, the building itself is done, (but you can do it later as a do to have better screen shots)
10 - remove column,
11 - flatten ground, your additional level is floating.

12 - close your opened walls

Now you need an access, normal stairs don't work. You need the “stealth stairs” trick.

Enter the cheat : ConstrainFloorElevation False

13 - build a 4*4 square room under your floating level.

14 - build a basement square outside
15 - flatten your square at this basement level

16 - remove a square of tiling in the center of the square
17 - place a stair in this hole IT DOES NOT TOUCH A BOTTOM WALL.

18 - from a square stayed in altitude flatten the storey.
19 - flatten the warped walls

Enter le cheat : ConstrainFloorElevation True
20 - delete the basement square, (you can also delete stair walls and/or “elevator column” if needed but note with tiles where is the stealth stair)
21 - place doors.... you can test it !

22 ….Now, here is to you to finish the building adding a fence at 5th around the 6th level to mask the hole... the reason because this level starts ¼ wall under the top of the previous

Notes :
- Ground level is completely livable, further level also but not under the elevated part of the building
- In ts3 you can add height each wall with the CFE to make more impressive skyscrapers ...but only one window is allowed.
- Upper levels are inside the above level for outside light : 6th is in 2nd , 7/3, 8/7, 9/5. If you build them 2 or 3 squares inside lighting is better

Hope it help you rar file ist the .pdf version of this tut
-FR.rar file is the french version

Update :
It is possible to add more levels :
before 20 (CFE true) if you want room to play on these level or before 12 if not redo from 1 starting not from ground but from "6th" floor where you delete the center. Redo and redo higher as possible ...

Due to game limitation, the ground elevate until 10 levels approximatively above street level, 15 levels seems to be the maximum... today...

You can build around 25 levels starting at the maximal diging level... If anyone want to do it...
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  9lvlTut.rar (769.7 KB, 1161 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  9lvlTut-FR.rar (767.7 KB, 489 downloads) - View custom content

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
29 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 8:19 PM
comment l'avoir en français svp?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goldfish1954
comment l'avoir en français svp?

Ben il faut que je l'écrive !
dans la semaine...

answered in french about tut in french. :D

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:34 AM
sry but i didnt really get the instructions on this... is there lik somekind of video tutorial link tht u guys might have?! and THNX
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 8:08 AM
This is a great tutorial, thanks! :lovestruc Could you please upload this epic building to the site:

Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 8:52 AM Last edited by patul : 6th Aug 2009 at 10:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by KsbjA
This is a great tutorial, thanks! :lovestruc Could you please upload this epic building to the site:

Thanks!

done http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=361248 ..

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 12:54 PM
Wow, that's pretty insane :P
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 2:26 AM Last edited by Sims3Cat : 7th Sep 2009 at 2:43 AM. Reason: Wrong wording.
Uhm, is there a more explained version of this? It isn't doing anything it says it will in tutorial... (have been trying to get this to work and it simply won't.)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 4:59 PM
I agree this isn't detailed enough. Could someone help us?
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 10:20 PM
Some of the steps in the tutorial aren't very clear, such as the basement lowering part. Could you clarify them a little more?
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 7:33 PM
Yah, I'm trying to do this stealth stair-thing using basement level (3 stairs) It's all well and good until I try to place the stair. I'd really appriciate a more detailed tutorial. Stealth stairs for dummies
Forum Resident
#12 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shotgun111112
sry but i didnt really get the instructions on this... is there lik somekind of video tutorial link tht u guys might have?! and THNX
I sort of get it, but a video tutorial would be great!

You can post one The Sim Supply here:
http://thesimsupply.com/

:lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th May 2023 at 8:20 AM
Hello. I'm a little late on this bus, but wanted to say thank you for the guide. Had to decipher some stuff out to make it work because columns no longer work the same way. So instead I stacked rooms and deleted the ones below the top one. That is when I came to realize this basically works due to foundation now. Your just giving the upper floors a huge foundation, which is why it's capable of being up there. After adjusting foundation, I was able to make it connect normally from the top level of the main building to the bottom level of the higher floors. I am currently adjusting items to make it look like a normal 8 story building.