Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 3:42 PM
Default How about this seam-line case
First, sorry for parcticing necromancy for this thread, but it seem that it is preferable to resurrect zombies rather than conjuring a new one

I did have a different seam-line issue , as show at the back of this boy's shirt, please observe the straight line in the middle, that starts from the edge of the collar to the bottom of the shirt

And also another case, please observe this boy's necktie (observe closely)

I tried to asses the issue and founded that S4S's is likely the culprit, as I tried to export an un-blended mesh and then re-import it to the package
I need more insight for more experience modders regarding this issue

thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 1:07 PM
It would be better to post this in a separate thread. I can split it out if you don't mind.

Hard to say from a picture, but the first problem could be mesh normals or the bumpmap and the second could be a gap in the mesh or a shadow texture. If you upload the package I can take a look. Not sure what you mean by an 'un-blended mesh'?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 1:04 PM
Quote:
CmarNYC
It would be better to post this in a separate thread. I can split it out if you don't mind.

Sure, I would love too

Quote:
CmarNYC
Hard to say from a picture, but the first problem could be mesh normals or the bumpmap and the second could be a gap in the mesh or a shadow texture. If you upload the package I can take a look. Not sure what you mean by an 'un-blended mesh'?

Unblended Mesh = Mesh is unmodified Purely Exported form S4Studio

I also attached the package for evaluation
thanks
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Siber Ripped Shirt and Tie.rar (1.22 MB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 6:39 PM
It's a mesh normals problem, I think for both. I fixed the seam down the back and the seams down the shoulders by selecting the seam vertices in Milkshape and aligning the normals, and the same for the knot part of the tie. Blender will also do this of course. I don't use Studio and don't know exactly how you made this so can't say how it happened or if the original mesh is like this.

You can see there's still a little dimpling just under the back of the collar I wasn't able to get rid of, but more fiddling with the normals might help. You should test in-game to make sure the necktie looks better - I had a hard time seeing what was wrong with it in the first place.

I'm attaching the fixed version in case you want to use/test it.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Siber Ripped Shirt and Tie SeamsFixed.zip (1.22 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 9:51 AM
Thanks a lot

I will sure test it