Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 2:20 AM
How to make Custom Content (Tattoo) Preview for CAS?
I have recently started modding and I need help on creating previews for Create A Sim. I don't know how to describe it, but how do you create a picture for your Custom Content for Create a Sim? The image in the golden square is what I want to make. How do I do that? Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 1:44 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 23rd Mar 2017 at 6:43 PM.
What you want is a custom thumbnail. Both CAS Tools and Sims 4 Studio will let you export, import, and apply custom overlays to CAS thumbnails so you can put a creator logo or whatever on it.

IMO the easiest method:

Run the game so it generates a thumbnail for each color variation of your item. (It already has if you've tested in CAS.)

Use CAS Tools or S4S to open your package and export the thumbnail(s). This gives you a png image of the right size.

Modify that image to be what you want, using a screen grab or whatever. You can also optionally make an overlay of the same size with your logo etc on a transparent background.

Use CAS Tools or S4S to import your custom thumbnail(s) to your package. You can also optionally use an overlay to layer a logo etc on the thumbnail(s).

If the game has already generated a thumbnail for your item (if you've already looked at it in CAS) you may have to delete the game thumbnail cache before your custom thumbnail will show up. (Delete localthumbcache.package from your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 folder. A new one will be created the next time you run the game.)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4