Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Transmogrifier (aka Object Script Changer)

by icarus_allsorts Posted 26th Mar 2017 at 10:38 PM

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 73 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:50 AM
nice
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 1:13 AM
great job!!! thank you so much! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 1:36 AM
Thanks! I've turned so many things into nectar racks. And I turned one of those specimen jars from SN into an incense burner. Because I COULD.
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:30 AM
I changed already so many objects in game. Here some exemple of what I made for the moment :

- my own custom zephyr station, working perfectly in my new world. (NO MORE UGLY STATION RABBIT HOLE !!! ).
- a bank/money dispenser which i made working with this mod + this object (http://modthesims.info/d/438835 / http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/i...eydispenser.jpg.
- a real phone cabine , i disable all the cellphone in my town and i put different phone cabines in different places. To make it You will need this : http://modthesims.info/t/562581 / http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/i...necabin_big.jpg / a wal phone (findable in the base game).
- a general mail box for all the townies ( http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/i...ity/mailbox.jpg / the original base game mail box ).
- a cigarettes/newspaper dispenser.
- a shop for clothes using this (http://modthesims.info/d/525365 / Clothes Rack )

I still have so many things to combine together and it's SO satifiying to finally can ! Thank you very much for this genius mod.
I have one question : Is it possible to setup the copy/past script in non-building/buy mode (because i have 2 or 3 objects that i want to combine with another ones but i can't remove from the sim inventory) ?
Field Researcher
#30 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 10:28 AM
If this is done to one item, will it affect all future items? That rug in your pics - if you bought another one, will it also have the hover board script automatically?
Theorist
#31 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 10:51 AM
Wow, so clever!! There is many new things possible with this I should imagine....
Agreed that a new thread sharing ideas would be helpful too.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
If this is done to one item, will it affect all future items? That rug in your pics - if you bought another one, will it also have the hover board script automatically?

No, it will not affect future items. Only the one you past the script on it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 1:52 PM
So, I made the cookie jar dispense the chocolate cookies kids can make with the play oven. Adorable! I also made the candy jars dispense candy with no problem.

I tried to get the decorative base game fire truck toy to become a remote-control car using a remote-control toy from the Sims Store. I also took the alien stuffed toy from the base game and tried to give it either the teddy bear script or the toy box toy script. None of these seemed to work, BUT, I was just experimenting and had no children on the lot. In theory, the adults should have been able to use the remote car and to "talk through" the teddy-alien hybrid, but neither of them appeared functional. More testing is needed, but I was too excited about being able to get cookies from the cookie jar to really follow through with the toys. Mmmmm, COOKIES! It's the little things that count.

Anywhoo, this mod is awesome, I love it. Thanks again, Icarus, you rock!
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:15 PM
Icarus, first of all I should tell you that this is my first feedback comment after God knows how many years of lurking on this site. I haven't been this excited about downloading a mod since I discovered Nraas Master Controller. One of the first things I'm doing is combining this with a laundry basket to stop my sims from leaving piles of laundry all over the living room. I'm also going to see if I can get that tool box thing from Ambitions that looks like it should have slots on top to have slots on top by combining it with a side table. I'm going to reply to my own post later and include pictures of everything I do. This is so cool!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 5:23 PM
Wow. Wow, wow, wow! This is astonishingly cool!
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cihojuda
Icarus, first of all I should tell you that this is my first feedback comment after God knows how many years of lurking on this site. I haven't been this excited about downloading a mod since I discovered Nraas Master Controller. One of the first things I'm doing is combining this with a laundry basket to stop my sims from leaving piles of laundry all over the living room. I'm also going to see if I can get that tool box thing from Ambitions that looks like it should have slots on top to have slots on top by combining it with a side table. I'm going to reply to my own post later and include pictures of everything I do. This is so cool!

Pictures!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 7:44 PM
Is there a mod like Arsil's food machine mod that will spawn fruits and vegetables? I'd like to turn the decorative fruit bowls into real fruit bowls, lol.

Edit: I suppose I could just give fruit bowls the World Adventures storage chest script and store fruit in them...
Theorist
THANKS POST
#38 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 1:56 AM
Sandy at ATS 3 has an apple and a pear that are coded as morsels so they work in her vending machines. You would need to download the NMPG list and the put the updated NMPG.package in your over-rides folder, but they would work in the fruit bowl, too. Thanks for the idea! See her info HERE.

Mostly I've used it to create food makers with Arsil's mod and it sure simplifies things. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:05 AM
I so totally remember using the Transmogrifier in TS1! Love the throwback name!

This is so awesome, if I wasn't really into CAW right now, I'd waste so much time with this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:51 AM
Awesome! I really missed the Sims Transmogrifier from Sims 1.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#41 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:11 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:13 AM
Ooooooo!!!!! This looks like fun!!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Thank you much! Ur just AWESOME!!!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Sandy at ATS 3 has an apple and a pear that are coded as morsels so they work in her vending machines. You would need to download the NMPG list and the put the updated NMPG.package in your over-rides folder, but they would work in the fruit bowl, too.

I'll do that! Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:45 PM
Incredible!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HallyM
I'll do that! Thanks!

I added NGMP's to Arsil Melons yesterday.

To make absolutely sure to not have double names I added my name to it, even though in this case I think if ever someone used the names before, they would point to the same object.. but better save than crash.

The magic words to add to the food maker (as morsels) are:

ArsilsWatermelonSliceSnow

ArsilsMelonSliceSnow

and the file is here:

http://simfileshare.net/download/207081/

just put it into your mod folder under packages..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:25 PM
Thank you so much--this is amazing! I downloaded it yesterday, and tried it with a few things. I made a broomstick guitar (doesn't look so hot), a flying rug, of course... I'm trying it out, swapping the bicycle script with Arsil's Exercise Bike mod (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=578047) to see if I can have a working bike that increases athletic skill. I tried (unsuccessfully) to make a wheelchair deco item moveable. The possibilities are endless with this--it's unbelievable! Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#47 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:42 PM
This mod is very cool for my medieval gameplay. I changed a pile of books into a computer. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
I added NGMP's to Arsil Melons yesterday.

Oh, wow, that's awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 11:38 AM
Icarus - you are so amazing. This is incredible and I'm sure I will find it more so as I continue to use it. Thanks to you, this game will never get old.

Syd
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 3:29 PM
Fabulous!!! You are fabulous! You have fabulous ideas! That's a fabulous mod! THANK YOU!!!
Page 2 of 5