Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 5:22 PM Last edited by gazania : 9th Jul 2017 at 10:58 AM.
Or they hope it can. If their reputations grow, more people will visit. More people will click. More money will come in.

I agree with ZenGarden. On more than one occasion, I find myself wishing for a cousin of The Site that Must Not be Named, only with adf.ly, short.st, etc. content. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a de facto group like this already, only it is quietly doing this between members only and not advertising it so that it stays under the radar. (I don't blame them here. Not everyone has the desire or the resources to be a Pescado. Most don't want the hassle, and that's understandable.) Even with the skippers, you can hit a brick wall with the stupid "Disable those ad-blockers!" page.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:24 PM
i hate adfly , it's silly to think downloading and risking your own computer for cc is fine of the creator itself.
fun fact : i got a virus auto downloaded from adfly who directed me to another website when i clicked skip, good thing i have fire wall , if i weren't having it i'd had a virus and it's not worth it for a cc to get virus like that.
i later deleted the virus flie completly.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 4:30 PM
I won't download anything that's behind any paywall that I have no control over. It's my computer at risk, and no matter how many precautions you take there's always something out there that your programs may not know about. I have gotten one virus from ad.fly ads and several notifications of malware despite running uBlock Origin, ABP, ad.fly skipper and who knows what else over the years. No one's CC or mods are worth it. I have over 50 gb of CC downloaded (not installed, obviously LOL) and not one bit of it came from a creator that hides behind a paywall. I can, have, and will donate to creators of my own free will because I know how hard it can be. I will not jump through flaminhg hoops for some pixels or lines of code.

I am still playing TS3 thanks to the modfalther, Twallan, and the team that has taken over for him. If people like that, who spend huge amounts of their own personal time actually fixing this game, don't put my computer at risk for a few pennies,then I don't see why I should bother with anyone who does.

Tumblr? WTF is a Tumblr??
*sigh* - Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:20 PM
I don't mind ad.fly, once I figured out what is trying to fool you into clicking.
Damned unethical, but nothing is really free.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#30 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 8:40 PM
uBlock Origin keeps me well away from ad.fly these days, I've learned my lessons the hard way. I don't want to go through the ordeal of removing malware from my computer again and then having to fix my internet connection because some bit of ad-ware changed the settings.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Page 2 of 2