Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 12:58 AM
MOD Recommendations?
Hello.

I just reinstalled TS3 for the first time in a while (not played since 2014) and wanted to ask for recommendations for mods and packs to install. I hope this is the proper forum to post this thread.

My priority is, first of all, to get a neighborhood that includes most of the expansion packs.
I don't have Into the Future, Showtime, Supernatural or any of the stuff packs though.

My second priority would be furniture and clothing. If there are any great packs out there I'd love to have a link.

Lastly I'd be very interested to hear if there are any gameplay mods, or just mods in general, that aren't any of the mentioned categories, that are absolutely must haves.
I don't recall actually downloading any mods that altered or added gameplay elements and objects the last time I played, so I have no idea if there's anything amazing out there.

Also if there's a better place to bring this request please point me in that direction and I'll get out of your hair! :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 6:24 AM
The first mods I put in when I reinstalled are from Nraas

My essentials from there include Saver, which reminds you to save every 30 minutes & rotates through 4 saves so you can go back easily without losing much if there's been a problem; Traveller, which improves travelling and let's you travel to other worlds rather than just World Adventure worlds.

I also get Overwatch & Errortrap, which help keep your game running, and Master Controller & Story Progression.
Site Helper
#3 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 3:57 PM
If you have both Master Controller and Story Progression, you probably also want Integration.
And then you want to make sure that if Integration is in, Story Progression and master Controller are also in. (Primarily a factor if you are using a binary search to track down a conflicting mod. I generally just keep NRAAS as its own folder and treat everything in it as a single mod in that instance.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you have both Master Controller and Story Progression, you probably also want Integration.
And then you want to make sure that if Integration is in, Story Progression and master Controller are also in. (Primarily a factor if you are using a binary search to track down a conflicting mod. I generally just keep NRAAS as its own folder and treat everything in it as a single mod in that instance.)

I'm afraid that you are confusing two of the add-on modules.

MC Integration extends MC's more flexible version of CAS across the native game calls like Plan Outfit (dresser), Change Appearance (mirror), testingcheatsenabled Edit in CAS, the stylist station, and Create a Household (CAH). It doesn't have anything to do with StoryProgression.

MC Progression is the one that acts as a bridge between MC and SP and will crash the game if both base mods are not already in place.

As to the original question, yes of course on NRaas (no big surprise that I would say this) but also check out the stickied thread on top of this very forum board dedicated to "Which mods do I absolutely need?"
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=517365
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 7:26 PM
For me the essentials are from NRASS - above all, Error Trap, Overwatch, and Master Controller. Their version of Story Progression I also recommend highly, but the first three - those are game savers.

There are ton of mods here at MTS as well, which you might like. Just browse.

I know I've seen a long thread on recommended user-made worlds here at MTS in the past.
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:00 PM
You should try Ani or Around the sims 3