Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 2:57 AM Last edited by rivrawr : 12th Oct 2013 at 12:04 PM.
[Selling] Sims 2 Lot-MAC
First of all let me start of by saying, I read to TOS for your website and I understand. Now that being said no one should post saying "You're breaking the rules" because of

"Pirated Sims 2/Sims 3 Store Content - EA is legally allowed to sell its own content through the Store, and it is a violation of international copyright and intellectual property laws to redistribute it in any way. We do not discuss or condone pirating Store content here."

That law regards to Pirated/Illegal Copies only. Every sims 2 game I bought was purchased in stores legally.

Now, you may say I broke the rules cause I honestly have no idea where to put this thread and was told some of you guys might buy this bundle. So Lets talk about it.

You can find the bundle HERE!

The bundle Includes the following:

Sims 2
Sims 2 Glamour Life stuff
Sims 2 Bon Voyage
Sims 2 Pets
Sims 2 Nightlife
Sims 2 Open for Buisness
Sims 2 University
Sims 2 Happy Holidays Stuff
Sims 2 Seasons
Sims 2 Family Fun

Games are in cases with manuals, and in Great condition. Minor scratches if any at all cause I only used them once.

Thanks for reading hopefully I didn't do anything wrong. :p
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 3:05 AM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 3:19 AM
What on earth does selling your game have to do with piracy, and why are you so pre-defensive about someone possibly confusing the two? Silly.

Anyway, I'd venture to guess that the appropriate thing to have done would have been to ask in the Site Questions and Issues section if it's okay for you to advertise the selling of your game on this site.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:10 AM
have you tried an actual selling things website

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:19 AM
I know this isn't Ebay, but if the community plays sims I thought this would be of interest.

Only reason I got defensive on that part was because of this line "EA is legally allowed to sell its own content through the Store, and it is a violation of international copyright and intellectual property laws to redistribute it in any way" Which says nothing about the pirated copies but only the copies EA sells. Which is wrong, You can redistribute a legally purchased copy.

@Fivey, Yes , I am trying on Ebay right now and thought this would bring more attention to the lot.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:22 AM
That has nothing to do with selling your old games, it's about redistributing Store content.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:45 AM
My bad I misunderstood.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rivrawr
I know this isn't Ebay, but if the community plays sims I thought this would be of interest.

Not a bad thought, but when one doesn't know whether a particular post is allowed or welcomed, it's a good idea to ask first. I have no idea how the mods will come down on this, but I still think you should take it to Site Questions and Issues and say "Hey, is it alright if I start a thread letting people know my game is available for sale, and if so, which forum should I use?".
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 7:05 AM
Are you just selling the entire set, or would you be willing to sell a couple seperatly?
ETA: I'm sorry, I didn't read the Mac part. I wish you luck.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Not a bad thought, but when one doesn't know whether a particular post is allowed or welcomed, it's a good idea to ask first. I have no idea how the mods will come down on this, but I still think you should take it to Site Questions and Issues and say "Hey, is it alright if I start a thread letting people know my game is available for sale, and if so, which forum should I use?".

Well What's done is done. If a mod doesn't approve and PM's me to take it down I have no problem in doing so. You think a sims forum would have some form of selling/buying topic... Guess i'm one of the first to post about it on here?

Anyways, I changed the price cause I figured it would be a lot better because I forgot Shipping is a factor as well.
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rivrawr
First of all let me start of by saying, I read to TOS for your website and I understand. Now that being said no one should post saying "You're breaking the rules" because of

"Pirated Sims 2/Sims 3 Store Content - EA is legally allowed to sell its own content through the Store, and it is a violation of international copyright and intellectual property laws to redistribute it in any way. We do not discuss or condone pirating Store content here."

That law regards to Pirated/Illegal Copies only. Every sims 2 game I bought was purchased in stores legally.

Now, you may say I broke the rules cause I honestly have no idea where to put this thread and was told some of you guys might buy this bundle. So Lets talk about it.

You can find the bundle HERE!

The bundle Includes the following:

Sims 2
Sims 2 Glamour Life stuff
Sims 2 Bon Voyage
Sims 2 Pets
Sims 2 Nightlife
Sims 2 Open for Buisness
Sims 2 University
Sims 2 Happy Holidays Stuff
Sims 2 Seasons
Sims 2 Family Fun

Games are in cases with manuals, and in Great condition. Minor scratches if any at all cause I only used them once.

Thanks for reading hopefully I didn't do anything wrong. :p

I wouldn't try to sell games here. Try eBay? :p
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 3:44 AM
Sorry to ask, but why are you selling your games? :P